Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Postby Minxylee » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:31 am

Just got offered 2 x $390 tickets through STEP but as I have already secured a ticket these are going straight back.

See you on the playa

(.timestamp 12.28..ish)
Minxylee

Postby freeeeeman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:35 am

Minxylee wrote:Just got offered 2 x $390 tickets through STEP but as I have already secured a ticket these are going straight back.

See you on the playa

(.timestamp 12.28..ish)

awesome! so much good news going around! how were you able to decline them? i didn't see that button/link. so i'm just letting mine expire.
freeeeeman

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Postby skyhawkecks » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:01 pm

It should be in the link that the email gives you. Everyone that can't go should hit decline so not everyone is waiting 72 hours for the next ticket(s)...
skyhawkecks

Burning Since: 2011

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:08 pm

I got mine. Damn, I'm glad I got direct distribution. First week of August would have been nerve-wracking.
Best of luck to whoever is next!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby EmilyD » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:27 pm

I just got my STEP email and since we found tickets through our camp, I'm returning 2@$390 back to the pool. I figured time is really short (since STEP is about to close) so emailed directly asking that these go straight back in, do not wait 72 hours!
EmilyD

Postby freeeeeman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:34 pm

skyhawkecks wrote:It should be in the link that the email gives you. Everyone that can't go should hit decline so not everyone is waiting 72 hours for the next ticket(s)...

it's not there. damn. i want to help the next STEP'er in line... though anyone who really wanted tickets should have been able to buy them in the open sale that was open for 3 days. and if other cities are like san diego, there's a bunch at-cost tickets on craigslist. so that makes me feel a little better... just a little...
freeeeeman

Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Postby EmilyD » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:57 pm

freeeeeman wrote:
skyhawkecks wrote:It should be in the link that the email gives you. Everyone that can't go should hit decline so not everyone is waiting 72 hours for the next ticket(s)...

it's not there. damn. i want to help the next STEP'er in line... though anyone who really wanted tickets should have been able to buy them in the open sale that was open for 3 days. and if other cities are like san diego, there's a bunch at-cost tickets on craigslist. so that makes me feel a little better... just a little...

I did not have a "Decline" button either. I emailed asking them to take it back. There definitely should be a button. Maybe a MOD can let BM staff know?!?
EmilyD

Postby Straightveg » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:20 pm

2:30 pm today got the email I no longer expected to see. Offered 1ticket at $390. I've already found a ticket elsewhere, so back into the queue it goes. Still a very SQUEE moment though.
Black Rock City or Bust Dust!
Straightveg

Postby saulofhearts » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:21 pm

My campmate and I (both of who were in STEP) received the e-mail today. Our camp already has distributed tickets, so that's four tickets total going back into the queue!
saulofhearts

Postby clocksnmirrors » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:27 pm

saulofhearts wrote:My campmate and I (both of who were in STEP) received the e-mail today. Our camp already has distributed tickets, so that's four tickets total going back into the queue!

beautiful. this is going to be the

BEST

BURN

EVAR!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Psycho » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Turns out I didn't need both tickets I had purchased through STEP, so I just sent one back in... Kind of waiting until the last minute there. 8) Hopefully it'll be offered up to someone soon...
Psycho

Postby clocksnmirrors » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:41 pm

OK SO WHO STILL NEEDS A TICKET?
clocksnmirrors

Postby BeachBum » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:29 am

I just wanted to rejoin ePlaya for a touch to mention about a STEP email. Sorry about disappearing from these boards, but I just got tired of being flamed by a couple of small animals who live in the dark. It wasn't worth participating here, so I tossed the password.

I got a STEP email today for two tickets at $390. I'm going to turn them down since our unplaced camp of about 35 wonderful friends realized beforehand that the ticket lottery was going to be an unmitigated fiasco, so we took proactive action to deal with it. Between the ability of a number of our camp mates to obtain tickets through volunteer gigs on-playa, and telling their partners and other friends to avoid the $240's, double bid the $320's, and slightly overbid the $390's, we nailed the percentages. Our cool camp ended up with the correct number of tickets, even though I didn't get one personally via the lottery.

STEP email timestamp: sent by BM at 12:23:51 (and, unimportantly, received at 12:29:27)

Looking forward to the dust! And to displaying a cool art piece that I've been working on :-)
BeachBum

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:45 am

Tickets contributed by the August 7th deadline will get offered out to those still waiting in the queue (and those people will get 72 hours to respond).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby clocksnmirrors » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:19 am

trilobyte wrote:Tickets contributed by the August 7th deadline will get offered out to those still waiting in the queue (and those people will get 72 hours to respond).

what happens if there are tickets in the queue that no one buys? do they get refunded?
clocksnmirrors

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:56 am

No, but that's also not very likely.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby SquirrelHead » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:32 am

It is so awesome to see everyone getting tickets here at the wire. I hope they have been planning the whole time or it is super duper crunch time now. :lol: I can't wait to meet everyone at the Meet & Greet http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=51429

CONGRATULATIONS to every STEPer getting tickets!!! :D
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
dirty little reclaimed BURGIN. Ruining Burning Man since 2012.
SquirrelHead

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Sky Diamond » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:58 am

Got offered a STEP ticket yesterday. I wish there was an easier way to decline it (as I got a ticket 2-3 weeks ago from a friend).. but happy they are seemingly so plentiful at last. I was a little bit astounded they ever got to me (time stamp, 12:22).

Also, it's going to be curious how many people actually make it out. The head count after last years "sell out" was smaller than 2010's at the gate sales.
Sky Diamond

Postby EmilyD » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:25 am

I think the same pair of $390 tickets just passed by about a dozen of us who've found tickets elsewhere. Poor orphaned 390s I'm sure you'll find a home in time! See you all out in the dust!
EmilyD

Postby Clockwork_Wizard » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:48 am

Still no STEP ticket here. 12:21:00
:roll:
Clockwork_Wizard

Postby michaelh » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 pm

i have two 240 STEP tickets i can't use and need to re-sell. it seems STEP is closed, altho i'm not sure what time that happened today. any ideas on other options to re-sell and have someone else be able to enjoy...?
michaelh

Burning Since: 1994

Postby Dactylion » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:14 pm

I received my STEP offer for two tickets yesterday, but I'm waiting for one holdout to commit.

Since STEP is apparently closed, what are my options if all I need is one of the two tickets I've been offered? I can't immediately turn one back in to STEP, so what can be done?
NOUN: Of, or pertaining to the tip of the middle finger.
Dactylion

Postby Savannah » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Tough call, Dactylion!

Sounds like you've already bought both and they're in your name, right? You can put the other in the name of someone else when you arrive at Will Call, but selling it on the honor system might be difficult, unless someone is traveling with you. (They would only have your word that you're going to put that second ticket in their name.) But a local might be willing to take you up on it. Or someone very, very enterprising.

If I had a spare, and could not turn it back in to STEP and had no one to sell it to . . . well, I would try very hard to sell it before I got there, actually, but if worse came to worse, I would keep my eyes open in line, and at Will Call. :shock:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby simoneski » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi all, glad to see most got tix. I tried to put one ticket back in step, but it must of closed early, and it was a $240. I don't know what to do, as I have to pick them up at will call. Sorry I couldn't have put it back here. If I can't find anyone, I will probably just hang out at will call and see if anyone needs a tix. It looks like there are others in the same situation, so I am thinking that there will be others selling tickets at will call. Guess it is worth the chance for the ones without tickets. Hope to see you all, will have my 12:27 time stamp on my hat :D
simoneski

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Maybe not be the easiest solution, but if you can find someone to buy the ticket and meet them on the way to the burn.

Then caravan in together so they can pick the tickets up with you.

No money has to change hands till you have the tickets.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby mullenc525 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Just dropped a pair of tickets back into step, not closed yet.
mullenc525

Postby trixyone3 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:21 pm

I received two tickets to Burning Man through STEP. I just found out last night that I cannot attend, but when I tried to sell my tickets back today, the STEP was already closed. I thought they were leaving it open through the end of the day. Is there any other way to sell STEP tickets other than driving out there to meet people at Will Call?
trixyone3

Burning Since: 2011

Postby simoneski » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 pm

I don't get it, someone just posted that they were able to put tickets into step, but the org would not send me the link to do so this morning. :cry:
simoneski

Postby Dust2010 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:16 pm

My name finally came up on STEP and I am super excited. However I already got my ticket. I am helping a camp so I got a ticket that way and it is waiting at Will Call. The exciting part is my girlfriend can now go with me. I thought that might not happen. Here is where I need help. I changed my plans to go out early so my girlfriend's ticket with STEP will be in my name. She cannot come out until a couple days after the event starts. it is my understanding a name chance cannot be made so how can I get her the ticket if I am on Playa and she is showing up at some random time? I was looking into it and I kind of get the impression I can pick up the ticket at Will Call and then give it back in her name even as a STEP ticket. The name chance can only not be made online before the Burn. Is this true? I am running out of time to pay for the tickets and I do not know what I should do.
Any help as to how I can pick a ticket up in person at Will Call through STEP and then somehow get the ticket to a person coming later will be very helpful. Thank you
Dust2010

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Sanity would dictate that if you have two STEP tickets that you couldn't use them both.
However, I'd probably wait until Trilo specifically told me what to do. I'm a hipster that way.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion