distributed tickets

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

distributed tickets

Postby saulofhearts » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Does anyone know how the distributed ticketing system works yet? I heard some mention that you'd be given a code that you would use to purchase your ticket. Is this true, or do the camps receive tickets directly? And if it is a code, how long do you have to use it? I'm currently enrolled in Step for 2 tickets (one for me, one for a friend). I also have the option to obtain a ticket from a theme camp via directed ticket distribution. Should I accept the directed ticket/code (if there is such a thing), but wait to purchase it in case I get tickets via Step? And then if Step does work out, give the directed ticket to another camp member?
saulofhearts

Re: distributed tickets

Postby trilobyte » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm

The Directed Ticket Distribution program for theme camps ended in March. Camps were distributed codes for the tickets they were allotted, but those codes were only valid until noon on March 30 (anything that was not used by then was forfeit, with tickets going into STEP). You should talk to the camp coordinator in your camp for the details of how they purchased/distributed those tickets.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby vachot » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:57 am

The distributed ticket is a sure thing, but the STEP ticket might not happen, I suppose. Of course, I'm sure you got your STEP mojo working, so you should be okay? If a camp is offering a direct ticket, they have probably paid for it already and just expect you to reimburse them, probably with some additional requirements. Are the tickets being mailed directly to the camp in June, or held at will call? Does the camp require dues? Are they asking you to be there a day or two early for set-up, and maybe stay late for break down and clean-up? All reasonable, I think, considering these tickets are intended to help camps get the help they need. Depending on the camp (many aspects to consider, beyond curb appeal) and your willingness to get really involved, I recommend the direct ticket and camp unless you're already set up with some kind of group. Then you can cancel (possible?) your STEP and give up your place in line to the next burner.
Struggle and Change

Don't forget to bring a towel!
vachot

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Kamp Kalamazoo

Postby saulofhearts » Sat May 05, 2012 5:51 pm

trilobyte wrote:The Directed Ticket Distribution program for theme camps ended in March. Camps were distributed codes for the tickets they were allotted, but those codes were only valid until noon on March 30 (anything that was not used by then was forfeit, with tickets going into STEP). You should talk to the camp coordinator in your camp for the details of how they purchased/distributed those tickets.

Thanks for the response. As it stands now, the camp has offered us a couple of tickets and are planning on transferring them to us. This is still possible, correct? I assume they redeemed the codes before March 30 and simply need to link them to our names at Will Call?
saulofhearts

Postby Trishntek » Sat May 05, 2012 6:57 pm

The tickets which I purchased myself via the allotment program will be shipped to me in June. I will then personally distribute them. Those who received the codes took care of their own purchase.

I believe the only tickets at Will Call are those acquired via STEP. Even those, I believe, have the option of mail for an additional fee.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat May 05, 2012 7:27 pm

No. I think you can have will call as an option on direct distribution, but all STEP are will call. They are being tight on identity with those.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby saulofhearts » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:13 am

Well, this situation has finally come about. I was offered STEP tickets today, and I'm also part of a theme camp with distributed tickets. The camp says they purchased the tickets in bulk and are now in the process of transferring them over to camp members. I assume I will let the STEP tickets slide, but just want to make sure that yes, it is possible for the distributed tickets to be transferred (they have both a ticket code and a confirmation number), and that I will be able to pick them up at Will Call without the initial purchasers necessarily being there. If anyone has any insight into this, let me know! Thanks!
saulofhearts

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 am

You can pick them up at will call if the person who bought them gets there before you and puts your name on them after picking out his/her own.

At least that's the procedure in ordinary times. Unless some other sort of deal was struck with the direct distribution--in which case I know nothing.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:24 pm

If you plan on purchasing the STEP tickets (and letting your camp pass the directed tickets along to another campmate), double check with Participant Services using the partiserv@burningman.com email address. Let them know your situation and get the clearance from them, that way you don't have to worry about the STEP tickets getting canceled out when they scrub the list for duplicate orders.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby saulofhearts » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Thanks. I've just paid for the camp tickets and will let the STEP tickets back into the queue. Is Cryptofish right that my camp leader has to get there before me, or is that waived for the directed tickets?
saulofhearts

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 pm

It depends on whose name is on the tickets. If the camp leader bought them in his/her name, than yes. If there's some sort of the camp leader buys in the spring, but can put a name on it later, you're okay. Wait for Trilo, he'll be able to find the exact information. I'm good at extrapolating, but this is a case where the risk isn't worth it.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby trilobyte » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 am

If they were all ordered collectively (on a single order), and as will call tickets, then yes I believe so. Will call orders may not be split up. If they were ordered as separate individual orders, then your camp leader should be able to request a name change on the order# (or order numbers) for your ticket(s). You should be checking with your camp leader for all that.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion