Getting to site from San Fran on the 20th August

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Getting to site from San Fran on the 20th August

Postby Pussy Willow » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 am

Hullo chappies and chaplets!

I was wondering if anybody had any clues as to how to get to the Playa from San Fran. I fly in on the 20th ad need to get there as quickly as possible as I have donated my body to be used in set up. If anyone is driving I will happily provide petrol(sorry gas) moneys, entertainment and probably a flash of me boobs. If anyone know about public transport that would be most usefull.. and if anyone is thinking of public transportating then I would love to be your travelling companion.

I should also mention that I am a virgin so any help would be greatly whatsited.

Big cuddles,

Pussy x
Pussy Willow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Centre Camp Cafe

Re: Getting to site from San Fran on the 20th August

Postby graidawg » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:50 am

do you have an early entry pass, is it valid for before the 23rd and if so do you know of any people who are also going to be getting there on the 20th, possibly arrange a ride with them? probably from reno.

otherwise most early entry (so i am told) is from the 23rd, so you may have more luck there. i would offer place in my ride but it is full and i am only the driver. however feel free to come to barbie death camp and flash your boobs
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Pussy Willow » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 am

Yes, don't panic, I have an early entry pass as I'm helping the kindly folks at Centre Camp Cafe with set up. I'm spreading me tentacles out in as many places as possible cos that's how you find the new brethren to o' mutual helping with! Does anyone know what the best public transport options are from San Fran to Reno? I'm doing internet stalking but not comin gup with much luck..

Ah Barbie Death camp eh? I've heard stories of you.. I personally enjoy mutilated big boobed dolls and turning them into fascinators.. I may have to visit you for a crafternoon...

xx
Pussy Willow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Centre Camp Cafe

Postby Rice » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 am

Pussy Willow wrote:Hullo chappies and chaplets!

I was wondering if anybody had any clues as to how to get to the Playa from San Fran. I fly in on the 20th ad need to get there as quickly as possible as I have donated my body to be used in set up. If anyone is driving I will happily provide petrol(sorry gas) moneys, entertainment and probably a flash of me boobs. If anyone know about public transport that would be most usefull.. and if anyone is thinking of public transportating then I would love to be your travelling companion.

I should also mention that I am a virgin so any help would be greatly whatsited.

Big cuddles,

Pussy x

Hi Pussy Willow,

The offer to flash you boobs is appreciated :) Mm boobies {Everyone loves boobies!!}

Have you checked with the crew you are volunteering with? Most crews have email lists or private facebook pages. Lots of crew are driving in at all hours from well, last friday till the burn ends. It is a simple matter of putting the word out with your crew and probably someone is going in when you need to.

(I understand how daunting this prospect may seem, first time around. The first time I had early entry, I flew into San Fran (for the first time) from Canada and ended up renting a car so I could get to the burn when I needed to. I had a bit more time to plan than you have so it was a bit easier. This year I am being met at the airport by a friend and driving out to the playa the next morning.) The drive from the airport to the playa is about 6 hours plus stops, not too bad (I live 5+ hours north of the US border).

Ok, I just noticed you are a virgin burner. Have you read through the survival guide? http://survival.burningman.com/ and the "First Timers" section of the Burning Man website http://www.burningman.com/first_timers/ ??

Unless you are staying somewhere that is completely taking care of you, what are your plans for a tent, food, shade, water (6L a day is the recommended, I use about 8L)??

PM me if you like.

TTFN.,

Rice
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 am

Moving this over to the share resources board, sincethats a better fit for rideshares.

I doubt anyone in this thread will be doing any panicking other than you, but hopefully you're able to figure things out. I'll second what Rice said about checking within the team you're working for. You're new to the event so you may not be aware, but such early arrival to the event is not given to very many people. The official rideshare board and ePlaya may be of only very limited use to you.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:41 am

stretch80 wrote:The offer to flash you boobs is appreciated :) Mm boobies {Everyone loves boobies!!}

Everybody but me. I find them a bit tedious. and embarrassing, not so embarrassed that you want to die, but in the "um...this is awkward..." way. (Yes, I adjust that for the burn.)
Of course, I love sea birds. Which makes no sense when you remember I am a fish.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Rice » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:45 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
stretch80 wrote:The offer to flash you boobs is appreciated :) Mm boobies {Everyone loves boobies!!}

Everybody but me. I find them a bit tedious. and embarrassing, not so embarrassed that you want to die, but in the "um...this is awkward..." way. (Yes, I adjust that for the burn.)
Of course, I love sea birds. Which makes no sense when you remember I am a fish.

Alright, I stand corrected...

"Most people love boobies!"
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby lazerfox » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

stupid question: you have an early entry pass and an event ticket, right?
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Return to 2012 Share Resources