Pee Funnel Camp needs volunteers!

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Re: Pee Funnel Camp needs volunteers!

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 am

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:mean words
Sent: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 am
To: Roberto Dobbisano

You are a despicable person.
Burner since 98, 8 times AEZ habitant, 2.5 times DPW peon, 0 times gotten laid, still counting. Aka The Colonel (Klink)
Wüstling

Really? Despicable? Was it "Bitch, please" or the Nixon comparison? (I don't actually want to know...)

WTF?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Wüstling wrote:
The Placement Team wrote:it was brought to our attention that our main contact for Pee Funnel Camp was engaged in re-selling multiple tickets for above face value (scalping).

My argument was: If PFC's story is true, then she did not actually sell the ticket, only _offered_ them for sale. And with her own explanation, i.e. not really going to sell them, but only to see how rats react to that, she's hasn't done a violation of the rules.

So you also call people trying to stop scalpers "rats", which means you're probably one of her friends, and she did, by her own admission, post tickets for sale over face value. It doesn't matter if the sale went through- she put tickets up for sale. You're an utter fool if you're trying to pretend that the sale had to go through for it to break the rules she was operating under with the DD tickets.

Like I said above, at least she was willing to explain why she thought it was okay, but truth be told that doesn't matter. She broke the very clear rules she was operating under with those tickets, she sold out the event she claims to like, she made Pee Funnel camp into a by-word for the greed that will destroy this event. She kind of disgusts me, especially with her comments in this thread & on her wall. She's so busy justifying her actions that she's oblivious to the fact she's in the wrong.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby graidawg » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:22 pm

this thread produces mixed reactions in me, first i am horrified to think that a well respected camp leader tries to make a profit from BM (or something i'm not sure what) when by her own admission she is runs a successful business and doesn't need the money spending "thousands" on providing a very welcome service, then after an initial honest response of "i fucked up please help me make it right" gets all defensive and tries to justify what is clearly a fundamental breach of Burning Man principles. Secondly i am very pleased to see the united response of others in saying this is wrong.

my advice? say sorry and promise not to do it again
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Highway27 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Hello,

I am a first timer, virgin, whatever. I purchased two tickets today from a fellow in Los Angeles who said he was in Pee Funnel Camp.

I am reading all this bullshit & I am wondering, are my tickets legit?!?!?! How can I verify?! They have all the holograms, raised printing, barcode on the back, etc.

How do I know?! They came with survival guides and I even got the envelope he received them in, from SF.

Help?
Highway27

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:23 pm

breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Eric wrote:... she did, by her own admission, post tickets for sale over face value. It doesn't matter if the sale went through- she put tickets up for sale. You're an utter fool if you're trying to pretend that the sale had to go through for it to break the rules she was operating under with the DD tickets.

Thanks Eric. My brain was doing the "but...but...but...bu--" thing because the thought process was so out of whack... Nice to see someone go straight (sorry about that) to the nub of weirdness and clearly state what it is.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:16 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Thanks Eric. My brain was doing the "but...but...but...bu--" thing because the thought process was so out of whack... Nice to see someone go straight (sorry about that) to the nub of weirdness and clearly state what it is.

Her entire defense is bullshit. Basically she's saying the equivalent of "in my business I can break a contract I have with a vendor because I don't agree with it, even though I signed the contract". She agreed to rules when she took the DD tickets, she broke the rules, she lost the tickets, the placement, and made Pee Funnel go from a camp most people respected to one that is seriously tainted (so to speak).

Highway 27 - this link has the numbers of most of the currently voided tickets (same link that Simon posted)
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Highway27 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:45 am

Eric wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Thanks Eric. My brain was doing the "but...but...but...bu--" thing because the thought process was so out of whack... Nice to see someone go straight (sorry about that) to the nub of weirdness and clearly state what it is.

Her entire defense is bullshit. Basically she's saying the equivalent of "in my business I can break a contract I have with a vendor because I don't agree with it, even though I signed the contract". She agreed to rules when she took the DD tickets, she broke the rules, she lost the tickets, the placement, and made Pee Funnel go from a camp most people respected to one that is seriously tainted (so to speak).

Highway 27 - this link has the numbers of most of the currently voided tickets (same link that Simon posted)

Thank you very much for the help Eric!
Highway27

Burning Since: 2012

Postby maryanimal » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:35 pm

This whole thing is so wrong and very disturbing.

I agree with Eric:
Eric wrote:Good god, I could go on & on (and have elsewhere)

Your entire defense reads as someone who got caught fucking up major, and is now desperately trying to pretend they didn't do anything wrong to save face to your camp & the rest of Burning Man. I read your defense & it convinced me that you probably did try to scalp tickets. In all honesty, I think it's you who dragged Pee Funnels name through the mud, not the BMorg. Think about it: I'm sure most people didn't even know about this until your clumsy post.

{mod hat on}

There's contradiction everytime you post:
I am a staunch free market capitalist. I view the tickets as a commodity, Burning Man as a privileged event for the privileged (it would make me happy if the tickets were far more expensive - it would cut down on the population and solve a lot of problems) and if the org doesn't want them viewed that way they should issue non-transferable tickets (though that would have fucked me this year so right now I'm sure glad they didn't).

I paid for all 11 of the tickets. I bought most of our tickets this year because I had the money to invest and other people couldn't afford it at the time.

You'd like to have the tickets sold at a much higher price eh? How would the people from your camp be able to afford them?

Yeah, that was stupid. I was drunk.

So now the excuse for your behavior was that you were drunk? Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one. If I were you, I'd stop trying to explain your way out of this, because the hole is getting deeper.

I can sit here and pick through your explanations, but that would waste my time. There's a saying, if something doesn't sound right, it probably isn't true.

I'm sorry you felt it necessary to sell tickets over face value, especially DD tickets, for what ever reason. You were caught and your campmates suffered. Just be honest, come clean, and go on.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby Freedom37 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:09 am

Yes, it would be wonderful to raise ticket prices to fix all of the "problems" at BM so that heads of theme camps who have successful businesses, and hence don't care about the cost of tickets and have a cottage business of scalping their camp's tickets on Ebay are the only ones that can afford to attend.

I find it most ironic that this entire string started with a plea for Volunteers from the "so called community". If it's not a a real community to you and you support free enterprise at all costs, then guess what....? Myself along with 5 of my friends will put up your flyers for $20/hour during normal business hours and $50/hour during overtime hours and an additional $100/hour for hazard pay if there is any hot sun/dust/wind/biohazard involved in the labor that you seek.

Diabolita your entire response to the outrage of the "so called community" reeks of privilege and self-entitlement-- as Eric pointed out, 'civil disobedience' and anarchy are only the masks you wear to defend your indefensible actions...BOOO.

PS-- I'll still come get one of your pee funnels and take it back to my camp...but then in an act of civil disobedience... I'll just PISS ALL OVER IT!!!
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Freedom37

Previous

Return to Get Involved!