NO SMOKING BRAH!
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Re: Cheapest place for cigarettes?

Postby TinkerMom » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 pm

AntiM wrote:Since I have a bunch of smokers here, may I ask a question? My shade structure is no smoking because of my asthma. Outside, I just move downwind, but my playa home is smoke free. I don't mind asking nicely, but sometimes it seems as if a sign would be easier. Would it? Or would it be a challenge and get smoke in my face?

No one has ever been mean or rude, but some folks do stroll in lit up without thinking about it.

Thoughts?

I would have a sign just because some are tards. You know the ones, they give you that
clueless look when you speak to them.

I myself will not smoke in another's personal place. Not even in cars. Even when they say it's ok.
At home I go all the way out to the carport at the barn to smoke. At work I will go out to the far
side of the parking lot.
....the password is pineapple.........

Just throw it on the fire! It will kill it or cure it!!
TinkerMom

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity BDC

Postby illy dilly » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:53 am

AntiM wrote:Since I have a bunch of smokers here, may I ask a question? My shade structure is no smoking because of my asthma. Outside, I just move downwind, but my playa home is smoke free. I don't mind asking nicely, but sometimes it seems as if a sign would be easier. Would it? Or would it be a challenge and get smoke in my face?

No one has ever been mean or rude, but some folks do stroll in lit up without thinking about it.

Thoughts?

Yeah I'd go ahead and throw up a sign. In this day and age, all us smokers know that 80% of the time, "we're not allowed to smoke in here".

And maybe even have an ash tray handy so that people can quickly put their smoke out before entering. Sort of like out front of a retail store or commercial place.

EDIT: Ps. if you point to the sign and casually/nicely say "Hey, I have asthma would you mind finishing your smoke out side or putting it out." And they don't say something along the lines of "O shit, my bad! Didn't see the sign" then throw them the F out cause they are disrespectful and you don't want them in your space anyway.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Thoughts?

I would say post the sign. I think most smokers would honor it, and even those that don't notice it will remove themselves courteously when asked. Any that get beligerent about it would probably be few and far between.

I would never light up or enter someones personal space with a lit cigg unless it was obvious they had no problem with it - such as smoking themselves. Even in bars, I wouldn't smoke unless it was visibly acceptable (such as ashtrays on the tables) without asking first.

Seriously its not like you have to walk down ten flights of steps or something to have a smoke in the street.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Jackass » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 am

I for one petition for bob's return, the place just hasn't been the same since. BOB, WHERE ART THOU???
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token
Jackass

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:33 pm

I have this uneasy feeling that nuracutt's sig line is going to turn into a link for e-cigs soon.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby AntiM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:12 am

theCryptofishist wrote:I have this uneasy feeling that nuracutt's sig line is going to turn into a link for e-cigs soon.

And when it does... bam! Bad for health.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:17 am

AntiM wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I have this uneasy feeling that nuracutt's sig line is going to turn into a link for e-cigs soon.

And when it does... bam! Bad for health.

Bingo.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks