definitely maybe overunderprepared

definitely maybe overunderprepared

Postby VCO » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:29 pm

After 18 months of poring over every useful bit of preparation info that I could find, I'm finally headed down to Burning Man for my first time. I've been to Burn In The Forest (the Vancouver BC regional) the last two years, including a stint as Ranger co-lead there this year.

Last year would have been my first time at Burning Man, but after a few disasters in my life, I decided that I would set aside the months of preparation and tackle it again for 2012. This year everything is in order, my truck and camper have gone through a bunch of projects and maintenance to get them in good condition, and there's just a few (*cough*30*cough*) small things to finish up before I pack up and go.

There's a lot of great info on the forums here, and I rather enjoy sorting through the trolls to find accurate and helpful information. The RV threads were great, I'm sure they will help keep my camper marginally less dusty and somewhat cooler than it otherwise would have been. So thank you all for the time that you've spent in building this valuable resource.

That said, I'm sure that nothing I have read will truly prepare me for whatever will happen at Burning Man...
VCO

Re: definitely maybe overunderprepared

Postby Homiesinheaven » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:27 pm

good prepin! as long as you read the Survival Guide thoroughly you'll be fine.

see ya out there!
Homiesinheaven

Burning Since: 2008

Re: definitely maybe overunderprepared

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 pm

welcome
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Return to Introduce Yourself!