Can tix in will call still be shipped?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Can tix in will call still be shipped?

Postby jonijett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Greetings loves. I got my tix (grateful me!) in the presale back in dec. I thought I paid for shipping to Calgary, but evidently my $25 "ship fee" was for something else cuz after waiting oh so eagerly for my yummy tix to arrive in the mail...they didn't. :cry: So i read the fine print on my order confirmation email and for some reason unbeknownst to me (I carefully specified ship when I ordered them) they are being held at will call. I would much prefer to have my tix in hand so have sent an email to BM to see if they can still ship. I'm concerned that it's too late tho.... Anyone have any info on this or has asked their tix to be shipped after they were placed in will call? Thanks for your help. SO looking forward to my burn #4, bringing burgins with us and meeting new ones!
The driest place on earth to be Juicy!
jonijett

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: The Dirty Gurus

Re: Can tix in will call still be shipped?

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 pm

jonijett wrote:Greetings loves. I got my tix (grateful me!) in the presale back in dec. I thought I paid for shipping to Calgary, but evidently my $25 "ship fee" was for something else cuz after waiting oh so eagerly for my yummy tix to arrive in the mail...they didn't. :cry: So i read the fine print on my order confirmation email and for some reason unbeknownst to me (I carefully specified ship when I ordered them) they are being held at will call. I would much prefer to have my tix in hand so have sent an email to BM to see if they can still ship. I'm concerned that it's too late tho.... Anyone have any info on this or has asked their tix to be shipped after they were placed in will call? Thanks for your help. SO looking forward to my burn #4, bringing burgins with us and meeting new ones!

Woops!!

Here is the ticket FAQ on this exact subject (look for a link in the answer)
Q: How do I change my order from Will Call to having my tickets mailed to me?
A: After the random drawing has been completed and you have received a notification that your order has been processed, and received a confirmation number via email, go here and select "change order from will call to USPS shipping address" and follow the instructions. Note: We only ship to US and Canadian addresses.
Here: ==> http://tickets2.burningman.com/contact.php

http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#willcallchange
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 pm

If you're nosy like me and follow the form far enough, & select "Change Canadian Order from Will Call to Shipping" from the drop-down menu, you will receive the following message:

Changing an order from Will Call to shipping is no longer an available option as the deadline for shipping tickets has passed. You must bring your government issued photo ID to the Will Call window at Burning Man.

The Will Call window will be open for early arrivals on the 22nd of August. If you are involved in a project or camp that has you arriving earlier than the 22nd, then please have the project or camp coordinator reach out to their contact person at Burning Man.

Thank you and have a great burn!

So, bring your confirmation number and govt-issued photo I.D.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby lemur » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:48 pm

why is having them "in hand" preferable ?
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby jonijett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks so much burn peeps for your help. Somewhat disappointed and not too big a deal. Why tix in hand better? Well, I was so wanting to get those hot tix in my hot little hands now! Feels more... secure. Also wanted to avoid the big will call line up. we are only two in our rig so that means my honey leaving me to keep 'er rollin while he scoots away for goodness knows how long to stand in line for our tix. I should ask, how long does it usually take to make it thru the will call line up on the first night after the gate opens?

Another question for you smarty pants burn vets. There has been a lot of ticket shifting here in Calgary, and we have numerous camp mates who are buying their tix from others. Now some of those sellers tix are at will call. How do they shift the ownership?
jonijett

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:17 pm

jonijett wrote:Thanks so much burn peeps for your help. Somewhat disappointed and not too big a deal. Why tix in hand better? Well, I was so wanting to get those hot tix in my hot little hands now! Feels more... secure. Also wanted to avoid the big will call line up. we are only two in our rig so that means my honey leaving me to keep 'er rollin while he scoots away for goodness knows how long to stand in line for our tix. I should ask, how long does it usually take to make it thru the will call line up on the first night after the gate opens?

Another question for you smarty pants burn vets. There has been a lot of ticket shifting here in Calgary, and we have numerous camp mates who are buying their tix from others. Now some of those sellers tix are at will call. How do they shift the ownership?

Sorry, I was mistaken on the info!

Please do not exit your vehicle when it is in line and head to will call. Pull your vehicle into the will call parking lot. Get in line and get your ticket. Then you can merge back into the line and head through gate. (Will call is right close to gate, so you really will not lose your place in line!!) Every year dozens of people get separated from the vehicles when they head to will call leaving the vehicle in line. You ride cannot wait for you once they have passed through the gate and may end in in D-Lot (or have an encounter with LE) if they try.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:22 pm

jonijett wrote:Thanks so much burn peeps for your help. Somewhat disappointed and not too big a deal. Why tix in hand better? Well, I was so wanting to get those hot tix in my hot little hands now! Feels more... secure. Also wanted to avoid the big will call line up. we are only two in our rig so that means my honey leaving me to keep 'er rollin while he scoots away for goodness knows how long to stand in line for our tix. I should ask, how long does it usually take to make it thru the will call line up on the first night after the gate opens?

The answer you seek is in the Ticket FAQ linked from the Burning Man homepage. There's an online form to transfer ownership. (As you may know, this is only for standard Will Call tickets, not STEP tickets, which are non-transferable.)
http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#elsepickup

You will not want to separate from your vehicle and sweetheart to get your ticket. You will instead see signs that direct you to the Will Call lane. People get separated so easily out there, for hours, occasionally days.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=55742

Savannah

Postby jonijett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Somehow I don't see my last post...asking about estimated wait times in the will call line up. This is such great info. No way we're gonna have either one of us leave the moving vehicle now. Will go to will call in our rig, and back into line when we have our tix!
jonijett

Postby lemur » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 pm

at that point youre 'at burning man'

of course waiting in a line for 30 mins.. or an hour.. or 2 hours (nobody knows how long it will be.. im sure the people in charge of it are planning on handling lotsa people) sucks and you want to be at camp.. but still.. 2 hours for an 8 day event aint so bad.

plus the people are usually pretty cool.

edit: id highly doubt a 2 hour wait.. but even as some 'worst case disaster scenerio' ..as an example..

ive waited/friends have waited anywhere from 0 wait to about 45minutes.. but that was in the past.. things will be different this year with lots more resources devoted to the box office
lemur

Postby trilobyte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:57 pm

It's too late. Shame you weren't as careful as you claim to have been when registering in going through your order confirmation, or you could have easily gotten that taken care of over the last several months.

I believe the deadline to switch from will call to mailed out has passed. Arrive first, claim your ticket order, and then leave the remaining tickets in your friends' names at the box office.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby jonijett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Actually I'm not the one with tix to be transferred, I'm using both mine. A friend has sold her tix, she is no longer going to the burn, so cannot go into the box office to change the names. There must be a way to email in the name changes?
jonijett

Postby pink » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Actually, although I can understand wanting to have the ticket in your hand, considering the angst I've been reading on here from Canadians anxiously awaiting their mailed tix and the complaints about Canadian post, I'd say you are better off with will call!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby jonijett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:19 pm

Yes true. May friends who are waiting for their shipped tix, and a few, like me, that didn't know they had been sent to will call. I'm okay about it now. I'm feeling very blessed to even have tix and will consider the will call line up a new burning man adventure. After all, burning man is home to some of the coolest line ups in the world! Never had such fun in a line up!
jonijett

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:00 pm

jonijett wrote:Actually I'm not the one with tix to be transferred, I'm using both mine. A friend has sold her tix, she is no longer going to the burn, so cannot go into the box office to change the names. There must be a way to email in the name changes?

There is an online form. Please see the link in my previous post in this thread. :P

Savannah

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:33 pm

jonijett wrote:Somehow I don't see my last post...asking about estimated wait times in the will call line up. This is such great info. No way we're gonna have either one of us leave the moving vehicle now. Will go to will call in our rig, and back into line when we have our tix!

:) This is how you do gate line right!!! Will Call has a fairly large parking lot. (Try to park so others can leave and you don't trap yourself...)

By the time you are at will call, you will probably be pretty excited. Take some water with you if the lineup is long. Probably going to meet some interesting burners in line. The fun has begun...

(Remember, no open containers in your vehicle. LE is looking to ticket stupid :shock: )
Love Rice

Rice

Postby jonijett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Not to belabor this, but I just talked to my other friend who was also sure she paid for shipping and also found out her tix are now at will call. Shes not going now and has some work to do to get those tix renamed in her absence. I was charged $865 for 2 tix: $420 each for each ticket, than $25 on top of that, which I understood was for shipping. Why would it cost $25 for them to wait at the box office?
jonijett

Postby jonijett » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:02 pm

you know what? i feel like a bit of a stupid. i should just be looking up the answers to all these questions on the burning man website... must just have been something i missed, or assumed because I was paying $25 beyond the price of the tix it was for shipping... i will look this up for myself. thanks for your help everyone, i gained some valuable advice about how to do will call.
jonijett

Postby trilobyte » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Until I saw your recent posts, I assumed you had actually done the due diligence (and been ever so slightly self reliant enough) to read the FAQ. You should have your friend look at the FAQ too, from there she should be able to sort out getting tickets in her order transferred to another name.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Rice » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 am

jonijett wrote:you know what? i feel like a bit of a stupid. i should just be looking up the answers to all these questions on the burning man website... must just have been something i missed, or assumed because I was paying $25 beyond the price of the tix it was for shipping... i will look this up for myself. thanks for your help everyone, i gained some valuable advice about how to do will call.

No worries :) Sometimes it seems easier to just ask questions. Then, realizing later, that almost all the info you need is available. I have done that myself more than once.

Say "Hi" to Zoltan from Rice.
Love Rice

Rice

Postby Lord Of Ruin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:42 pm

jonijett wrote:you know what? i feel like a bit of a stupid. i should just be looking up the answers to all these questions on the burning man website... must just have been something i missed, or assumed because I was paying $25 beyond the price of the tix it was for shipping... i will look this up for myself. thanks for your help everyone, i gained some valuable advice about how to do will call.

Also, with regards to tix at BM, paper tickets are actually LESS secure. IF they're at Will call, there's no chance of losing them. As long as you show up with your ID, you iknow they'll be waiting for you.

You can get lots of good traffic/ingress info here under the FAQ sections: http://gate.burningman.com

LoR
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion - W. Blake (attribution corrected)
Lord Of Ruin

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lemur » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:05 pm

people want the xmas moment of opening the tickets they cant use... feeling 'secure' in having them in their hand.... and they want to avoid the wait in will call which in the worst case scenerio isnt going to be more then 1.05% of your time on the playa if yer there all week..

but hell.. im glad to have stuff waiting at the box office.. the constant checking and rechecking for my ticket during the journey/preparing for it is a pain in the butt...
lemur

Postby Rice » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:23 pm

lemur wrote:people want the xmas moment of opening the tickets they cant use... feeling 'secure' in having them in their hand.... and they want to avoid the wait in will call which in the worst case scenerio isnt going to be more then 1.05% of your time on the playa if yer there all week..

but hell.. im glad to have stuff waiting at the box office.. the constant checking and rechecking for my ticket during the journey/preparing for it is a pain in the butt...

I prefer to just not worry about my ticket too. Will Call rules ;)
Love Rice

Rice

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:29 pm

lemur wrote:...feeling 'secure' in having them in their hand....

I'd add that most many people want to drive. They just don't trust anyone else to do it "right".
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Psycho » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Since I will be in Reno several days before Sunday, would it be worth my time to go in advance and pick up my tickets? My understanding is that Will Call is open 24hrs starting Wed before gate opens, so I could cruise out there Friday or something and just get that part of the line out of the way... 8)

I'm just wondering if it's going to be a couple of extra hours waiting in Will Call or not... But then, it's a couple of hours drive out there and back... But the anticipation to get through those gates can be hard to bare! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Or is Will Call open early solely for people that can actually get in early?
Psycho

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Will call line will not be that much longer a wait than tickets in hand. Staff will be significantly beefed up to handle increased #'s over last year (I think the difference then was maybe 15-25 mins). Watch the signs and make sure you're in the proper lane. The drive from Reno to the box office is a couple hours each way, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure whether they'll just laugh and turn you away or not, I've never tried it. I'll check when I get an opportunity.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby lessrules » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:30 pm

jonijett wrote:....So i read the fine print on my order confirmation email and for some reason unbeknownst to me (I carefully specified ship when I ordered them) they are being held at will call.

Jonijet, you are ot alone. I also _carefully_ specified to have my tickets shipped to Canada, and they were processed as Will Call. I noticied this, at some point, and had it changed.at theast minute. I was not charged the shipping originally, so I had to pay the difference.
lessrules

Postby lessrules » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Now that I'm not typing with my thumbs, the above post should read:

Jonijet, you are not alone. I also carefully specified to have my tickets shipped to Canada, and they were processed as Will Call. I noticied this at some point, and had it changed at the last minute. I was not charged the shipping initially, so I had to pay the difference.
lessrules

Postby jonijett » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Yes it appears there were many of us that had this occur. I'm meticulous about on line ordering so somethun happened for sure. It is what it is now and will make the best of it. Looks of chaos over tix this year... The dust :) still not settled here as several friends are scrambling to ensure the tix they ended up selling get into the new owners hands at will call, especially when the tix are going to separate parties not coming to the burn together. hope the tix challenges/errors don't migrate into will call... Don't need issues there after our looonnnggg drive from canada... Staying positive, us Canadians are invariably polite...until...we're not... :) then look out... Might just have to pull out my dominatrix's accoutrements early and swagger into will call with my bull whip!! :twisted:
jonijett

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:06 am

jonijett wrote:Yes it appears there were many of us that had this occur. I'm meticulous about on line ordering so somethun happened for sure. It is what it is now and will make the best of it. Looks of chaos over tix this year... The dust :) still not settled here as several friends are scrambling to ensure the tix they ended up selling get into the new owners hands at will call, especially when the tix are going to separate parties not coming to the burn together. hope the tix challenges/errors don't migrate into will call... Don't need issues there after our looonnnggg drive from canada... Staying positive, us Canadians are invariably polite...until...we're not... :) then look out... Might just have to pull out my dominatrix's accoutrements early and swagger into will call with my bull whip!! :twisted:

Hi jonijett,

I drove from Saskatoon my 1st 3 burns and have flown my last two, I too have to go to will call. Be sure to bring print outs of all emails and receipts from your ticket purchase. I usually use my SK drivers license as photo ID but a passport works as well.

As long as you have the proper photo ID and your printed receipt you should be ok.

At least now, you do not need to worry about losing your ticket on your 23ish hour down :)
Love Rice

Rice

Postby jonijett » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Thanks Rice! Yes, you're right about not having to worry about losing my ticket. There has been a few heart pounding scrambly moments before when my tix weren't where I thought they were in the plethora of stuff on the way down! Yes, it takes us about 24 driving hours to get there... we're actually looking for another driver to join us. Probably should create a thread on eplaya for that?
jonijett

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion