Hola, como estan?

Hola, como estan?

Postby ACfromSAC » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:46 pm

I guess since this is at the very top of ePlaya, I may as well stop ignoring it. Hi, I'm Adrien. Last year was my first burn and if circumstance allows, I intend on returning every year for the rest of my life. It was one of the best and DEFINITELY the strangest week of my life. Everything was much more friendly, happy, inviting, beautiful and weird than I could've possibly prepared myself for. I went with my uncle (who gifted me a ticket) and a co-worker of his. We became good friends with a couple of fellows from Germany and a group from San Diego with whom we spend most of our week. We stayed with Camp Anonymous (as one of us is sober and part of the camp) but we set up camp in the Camp Synonymous section so those of us who wanted to enjoy a bit of booze could do so without infringing upon others' sober quarters.

I struck out on tickets this year but JUST YESTERDAY found two face value tickets on ebay with a buy it now option. I'm completely preoccupied and distracted and excited about returning. I'm bringing my girlfriend who is a virgin burner but in SO many ways encompasses the spirit of burning man in her daily life. She's never going to be the same, in the best way possible.

I have a friend that works for Bert's Bees who gave me a couple hundred lip balms to give away last year. I'm getting the same this year, so if any of you see the bearded individual in the photo to the right cruising aroung the playa, come see me... your lips will thank you.
ACfromSAC

Burning Since: 2017

Re: Hola, como estan?

Postby Savannah » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi Adrien! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:02 pm

I must say, that's a pretty epic beard.

Oh, and welcome! I hope you enjoy ePlaya as a fun place full of crazy burners.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby ACfromSAC » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:05 pm

BoyScoutGirl wrote:I must say, that's a pretty epic beard.

I must say, I totally agree. I started growing it a couple weeks before last year's burn and have only given it a couple of maintenance trims since.
ACfromSAC

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi, and welcome to ePlaya! Congrats on the tickets, hope to see you out there.

Peoples' zippers will thank you too - use a little lip balm on your zippers to keep them from sticking.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby ACfromSAC » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:22 pm

trilobyte wrote:Peoples' zippers will thank you too - use a little lip balm on your zippers to keep them from sticking.

McGyver of the playa.
ACfromSAC

Postby jkisha » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:55 pm

ACfromSAC wrote:I have a friend that works for Bert's Bees who gave me a couple hundred lip balms to give away last year. I'm getting the same this year, so if any of you see the bearded individual in the photo to the right cruising aroung the playa, come see me... your lips will thank you.

Just be careful with the skirting the commerce thing...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:39 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
ACfromSAC wrote:I have a friend that works for Bert's Bees who gave me a couple hundred lip balms to give away last year. I'm getting the same this year, so if any of you see the bearded individual in the photo to the right cruising aroung the playa, come see me... your lips will thank you.

As long as he's not on a bike that says "Burts Bees", or carrying them around in a big branded bag, I think he's fine. I have friends who come out most years who own a local soda company (or as they call them: "elixirs") with great flavors like Mojito & Chai. They always bring out a couple of boxes of them and gift them to their favorite playa bars. The boxes are behind the counters, Burners are having part of a bottle poured in their drink without really seeing it, it's not anymore advertising than someone pouring Absolute or carrying PBR around.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 am

theCryptofishist wrote:

Wow, I never would have thought of that, though it seems so obvious in retrospect.

Beardy McAwesome AC, if you're got the time and energy, I believe the shrink-wrap label on most chapsticks cuts off very easily. That's less material that could become litter and it would completely eliminate the advertising. Just a thought - as Eric points out, it wouldn't really be considered a necessary step, even if it would be appreciated by some/many.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby ACfromSAC » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:39 am

Hmmm... never crossed my mind last year but it's a thought. I'm certainly not cruising around the playa shouting "GET YOUR BERT'S BEES HERE!" but still. I'll have to do a test run on a label or two and see if it's worth the time investment. Otherwise, I'll just hand them out and shout something negative about commerce and hiss loudly as I pedal away.
ACfromSAC

Postby bluesbob » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:43 am

Use a megaphone for hissing.
"aw shucks.." - Eric
bluesbob

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Postby Savannah » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 am

:lol: