Directed Ticket ?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Directed Ticket ?

Postby OUtback UFO » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:03 am

With the installation I am doing this year it was great to be awarded a Directed Ticket. Though I have a couple ?s.... When I went in to purchase it before the deadline, I used a joint CC that I have with my wife (Helps build credit for her). Everything went fine with the process... got the ticket in the mail this week. Though the ticket receipt reads in her name not mine… I know the Directed Txts are transferable within the project support personal... granted in my case it is just me (Soloing it and installing Solo, project is 60ft x 8ft x 8ft) and the Txt is for me. I did email the Txt Info Dept about it... not heard back yet, bet they are swamped right now.

Does it matter with the Directed Txt that the receipt came with her name on it even though the email confirmation came to my email address?

Does it need to have my name linked to the txt so when i get in with the early arrival pass both scan right?

Thanks for the help... I know you more seasoned peoples to all this well have a better idea.
From out of a dream I rode to beyond the Horizon. Got Adventure? The Zen Gear One Meteior Crater surrounded by a lot of roos, emus, Yowies, drop bears and one major flood in the driest desert on Earth... There still was a bottle of red with dinner.
OUtback UFO

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Directed Ticket ?

Postby Ruleryak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:42 am

From personal experience:

Early Arrival Passes are not linked to a name - I've used them in 08 and 09. As the rep for my camp the latter year I requested and received the passes for my camp and didn't provide names. There was no name-checking at the gate when we arrived, just scanning the passes themselves to make sure they were still valid.

If you have your ticket in-hand, you're good. The tickets are not compared to the name that purchased them at the gate, they're just validated on their own. You do not need to show ID to get into Burning Man unless you have a ticket waiting in will call.

Lastly - TXT is short for Text - I've never heard anyone use it as an abbreviation for Ticket :mrgreen:
07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13 - 14 Soon!
Ruleryak

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:31 am

You're fine.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby OUtback UFO » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:32 pm

Thank you both Ruleryak and Trilo.... appriceate the info. To the Playa...
From out of a dream I rode to beyond the Horizon. Got Adventure? The Zen Gear One Meteior Crater surrounded by a lot of roos, emus, Yowies, drop bears and one major flood in the driest desert on Earth... There still was a bottle of red with dinner.
OUtback UFO

Burning Since: 2012

Postby gyre » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 am

Ruleryak wrote:
Lastly - TXT is short for Text - I've never heard anyone use it as an abbreviation for Ticket :mrgreen:

Short?

I didn't know what it meant either.
gyre

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion