Maid Service and show horse stables.

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Maid Service and show horse stables.

Postby 1durphul » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Last year my maid refused to clean my tour bus RV. I had to fire her on the spot. Her replacement claims her son is sick and she cannot come with me to Burning Man because, get this, "he is very important." If he was important he would be able to hire her as a maid. Why doesn't she just cash out some of her stock from her trust fund in order to bring him to Burning Man? I'm a good person though so I just lowered her wage and let her keep her job, despite this huge disappointment. It will definitely be on her annual performance review.

So with all that in mind can any of you recommend a good maid service out there on the playa? I'm willing to pay as much as minimum wage if they are legal citizens, 2/3's that if they aren't. (I don't believe in rewarding those who can't follow our simple America immigration laws.)

My show horse didn't make it to the Olympics this year, and that means I'm going to have to care for it since it won't be in quarantine upon return from London like I had originally intended. Can anybody recommend an on playa stable? Somebody told me the Greeters station had stables, but that sounds like it might be a little too common for my show star.
1durphul

Re: Maid Service and show horse stables.

Postby Elderberry » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Hey Mitt, you never struck me as the type of person that would go to burning man. There actually is a maid service camp that should be able to provide you with maid service, but BM does not allow commerce, so they work for free. And the stables are out just beyond the airport, but you'll need to bring your own stable boy to clean up after the horse, as BM is a leave no trace event.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby lemur » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 pm

wrong.

burning man allows plenty of commerce, just pay for it off the playa.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Sure bring your fancy ass show horse. It will die on the first day, then we can take turns beating it. Win -win.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:57 pm

'Nuff said.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby CrispyDave » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:11 pm

1durphul wrote:Last year my maid refused to clean my tour bus RV. I had to fire her on the spot. Her replacement claims her son is sick and she cannot come with me to Burning Man because, get this, "he is very important." If he was important he would be able to hire her as a maid. Why doesn't she just cash out some of her stock from her trust fund in order to bring him to Burning Man? I'm a good person though so I just lowered her wage and let her keep her job, despite this huge disappointment. It will definitely be on her annual performance review.

So with all that in mind can any of you recommend a good maid service out there on the playa? I'm willing to pay as much as minimum wage if they are legal citizens, 2/3's that if they aren't. (I don't believe in rewarding those who can't follow our simple America immigration laws.)

My show horse didn't make it to the Olympics this year, and that means I'm going to have to care for it since it won't be in quarantine upon return from London like I had originally intended. Can anybody recommend an on playa stable? Somebody told me the Greeters station had stables, but that sounds like it might be a little too common for my show star.

Could always board your horse in the Trojan Horse, might get it for free Thursday Night - Sunday....
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.
CrispyDave

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Opulent Temple with the rest of the dancing sparkleponies...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby CrispyDave » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Send them all out to the Practice Joke seminar out by the trash fence.

Not my idea just repeating what I have found....

But still one of the better ones I have found...
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.
CrispyDave

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Return to Shelter & Camping