Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Postby Sunny D » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Just wanted to say that it felt REALLY good to put my extra ticket back into STEP. That's all. :D

See you all on the playa!!!
You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are.
- Eckhart Tolle
Sunny D

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Arnoldo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Kudos to you Sunny D!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...
Arnoldo

Postby westnileraven » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:27 pm

This thread is the best! I'm so glad the !2:20's are rolling in!!
westnileraven

Postby Tanzremix » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Got mine through camp last week, but this is a 12:21:28 that still hasn't heard a peep. Good luck everybody, maybe these last few weeks will provide the impetus we need to clear the queue out!
Tanzremix

Postby Timbozo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:58 pm

12:21:02 received email offer @ 10:00 this morn. Stoked to participate in my first burn, Hope everyone else will get tickets soon. 8)
Timbozo

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Thank you, SunnyD!

Congratulations, Timbozo!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby draggin » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:29 pm

We were able to get 2 tickets from a campmate so the two tickets offered will be going back into step.
So keep the faith.
draggin

Burning Since: 2006

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Yay! Thanks, Draggin!

Savannah

Postby four20ps » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi everyone, Im back on page 78, I just wanted to post an update on my ticket and job offer. So I decided to not buy my step tickets and Let some other Burners enjoy this year. I had complete faith that the Playa will notice and would get me the job. I did my second interview and was offered the job the same day! I even passed a drug test after :wink: . The Playa still came through for me and I hope all you step kids feel the magic on the Playa this year and in the default. Thank you to everyone who wished me luck and gave me advice, it really helped. Later on and have a great burn.
four20ps

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Awww . . . you're sweet. Congratulations on your new job! Not a bad consolation prize at all. :wink: Well, I hope it's even better than imagined, and that you're walking dusty with us in 2013.

Savannah

Postby freeeeeman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:52 am

only 8 more days of STEP! whoa...
freeeeeman

Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Postby Arnoldo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:20 am

Crazy how time flies!!
Arnoldo

Postby DiscoBall » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:57 pm

four20ps wrote:Hi everyone, Im back on page 78, I just wanted to post an update on my ticket and job offer. So I decided to not buy my step tickets and Let some other Burners enjoy this year. I had complete faith that the Playa will notice and would get me the job. I did my second interview and was offered the job the same day! I even passed a drug test after :wink: . The Playa still came through for me and I hope all you step kids feel the magic on the Playa this year and in the default. Thank you to everyone who wished me luck and gave me advice, it really helped. Later on and have a great burn.

I'm sort of in the same boat, and hope it works out as well for me. I applied for a job last month and was informed that letters will be mailed out on August 6th to inform applicants whether or not we got the job. That doesn't leave me much time to sell the ticket back into STEP by August 7th! And since I bought the ticket through STEP, that's my only option other than eating the cost. I guess I will have to call the employer on August 6th to ask what my letter says, then act quickly.
DiscoBall

Camp Name: Ventucky

Postby Dactylion » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Right. I wonder, since the queue closes on the 7th if that means that you have until the 10th to accept them? (if you are offered tickets on the 7th, I mean...)
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

\dak-ˈtil-ē-ˌän\NOUN: Of, or pertaining to the tip of the middle finger.
Dactylion

Postby clocksnmirrors » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:51 pm

freeeeeman wrote:only 8 more days of STEP! whoa...

did you ever get your ticket or tickets?
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Burning Since: 2012

Postby freeeeeman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm

clocksnmirrors wrote:
freeeeeman wrote:only 8 more days of STEP! whoa...

did you ever get your ticket or tickets?

thanks for checking!!!

personally, my g/f & i have had tickets from friends the whole time. we were in STEP for our camp mates. and while STEP has not delivered, we received all the tickets we needed via craigslist and friend from another camp... now that camp actually needs tickets, so i'm hoping to return them the favor if STEP comes through for me. (i'm not trying to start a moral debate on if this is ok. we did that a few pages ago. :) )

but like arnoldo has been saying all along... sure seems like everything is going to work out and if people really want to be there, they'll make it happen. this is going to be another great year!!!

i'm sure people saw the BM post that claims they expect the STEP queue to be mostly emptied?
freeeeeman

Postby pwornama » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:30 am

I love to see life and burning man are working itself out for most!
pwornama

Postby fresh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:59 pm

aug3.JPG
Hmm I can register for the open sale and then drop this ticket back into STEP?!?!? Hmm. What will it cost me, maybe $10, to move a ticket out of the open sale and over to STEP. Then have it go to a person that's been waiting in line for the past 5 months. There is NO mention on the open sale page nor in the terms and conditions about already purchasing a previous ticket. Hmmm I think that would be a nice gift for one of those 12:22ers.

On another note, there is not much talk out there from ticketless STEPpers. Wondering how many are out there. Still think that STEP queue should have been cleared first. Kinda like waiting in line at the grocery store only to be told the lane is now closed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot
fresh

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Postby fresh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:00 pm

waiting to be spanked by a mod for that last one....... :oops:
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot
fresh

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:41 pm

In staying out of the new sale, you leave a space for someone else.

In owning a STEP ticket and trying to register for another ticket, you open yourself up to losing one. Am I 100% certain? No, because the FAQ about the August 3rd sale and who is eligible are not clear on that point. But having a STEP ticket and another ticket of some kind in the same name could open you up to having one order or the other scrubbed away by the humans who compare the lists. Email partiserv@burningman.com if you absolutely must, but know that getting an answer can take a while due to a high volume of questions.

No need to complicate things! Keep your STEP ticket. Leave room for someone else.

You will have to go to Will Call either way. :)

Savannah

Postby fritz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:45 pm

fresh wrote:On another note, there is not much talk out there from ticketless STEPpers. Wondering how many are out there.

Indeed. Time for a role call. STEP children that are still waiting for the bus to arrive, please identify yourselves.
fritz

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Arnoldo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:48 pm

fritz wrote:
fresh wrote:On another note, there is not much talk out there from ticketless STEPpers. Wondering how many are out there.

Indeed. Time for a role call. STEP children that are still waiting for the bus to arrive, please identify yourselves.

The motion has been moved and seconded!! :D
Arnoldo

Postby offarock » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:56 pm

[crickets]
This signature left intentionally blank.
offarock

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Silicon Village - Squirreltopia

Postby catsland » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:02 pm

My daughter is still waiting for one step ticket 12:21:18. I feel positive that if STEP does not provide we will find one regardless. My husband and I got our STEP tickets already, 12:18:48.
catsland

Postby tSmalls » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:38 pm

YAAAHOOOO!! We're almost there. It's GO TIME FOLKS! :lol: Congrats to my many many step siblings that have found that beautiful little email in their inboxes over the months. A MASSIVE thank you to all who have sold their tix back into STEP as well. You all deserve a bear hug. As for those left at the bus stop, don't you be fretting yet. We have one magic week left and I'm havin good feelings. Just out of curiosity, who all is going to the Meet n Greet??
Meet me at The Roost
tSmalls

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Neighborhood!

Postby freeeeeman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:42 pm

catsland wrote:My daughter is still waiting for one step ticket 12:21:18. I feel positive that if STEP does not provide we will find one regardless. My husband and I got our STEP tickets already, 12:18:48.

i'm guessing the most people have their tickets and that the aggressive amongst us will get tickets via open sale...
freeeeeman

Postby fritz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 pm

tSmalls wrote:Just out of curiosity, who all is going to the Meet n Greet??
I am planning to if other obligations do not get in the way.
fritz

Burning Since: 2009

Postby aresvalles » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:25 pm

So I was one of the unlucky ones, kind of. The good news: I have two tickets. The bad news: I got caught up in the STEP queue, received my email the day I left for Reno to work on Burn Wall Street. I clicked and got the error message that stated email was sent in error. Of course, when I got back from Reno, I checked eplaya, heard about the error being an error and tried the link again and it said the link was already used or had expired. Here is my subsequent email and response from Burning Man:

"On Sun Jul 22, 2012 at 1:35 PM PST you wrote:
email server error message/expired link
Hi,
I received an email last Sunday the 15th that said I had 2 STEP tix available. The link led to an message that stated that the email was sent in error due to mail server issues and that it did not affect my place in line. I went to Reno to work for Burn Wall Street last week and just returned home and saw on eplaya that some folks with a later time stamp were getting tix. I clicked the link again and now it says,"Your ticket link has expired or has already been used.

Please contact customer support if you have any questions. Thank you."

Can you help me get home?
Thanks,
Tom Varden"

Burning Man:
"Hi Tom,The link was sent in error. The STEP program is closed as the site says and there are no more registrations.Thank you,Marilyn"

My time stamp was 12:18:55. I was going to wear this on the playa as a badge of honor, but I got my tickets 2nd hand, so I'm not technically a STEP child. Maybe I should have tried the link again while I was away, maybe it wasn't intentional, all I know is that its been a wild ride. Going, not going; going, not going and finally going again. I wish they would have said more than this. I love love love them for sparking this city into existence, but I'm a little jaded right now. I promise I'll leave that in California when I come home.
aresvalles

Postby Straightveg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:32 pm

aresvalles wrote:My time stamp was 12:18:55. I was going to wear this on the playa as a badge of honor, but I got my tickets 2nd hand, so I'm not technically a STEP child.

If you have or had a timestamp, you are a STEP child, regardless of how you got your tickets (unless you don't want to be one of the cool kids).

fritz wrote:Indeed. Time for a role call. STEP children that are still waiting for the bus to arrive, please identify yourselves.

12:24 no longer expecting to get a ticket through STEP. I may have a ticket through another avenue though, so I'll keep you all posted.

The Timestamp helps those who help each other.
Black Rock City or Bust Dust!
Straightveg

Postby leeweh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Tickets are available all over at face value right now... I have been offered 10 tickets in 10 days!

)'(ONE "STEP" AT A TIME)'(
Eat,Playa,Love...
~)'(12:21)'(~
leeweh

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Volcano Worshipers

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion