La Musica

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

La Musica

Postby Pippi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:22 pm

I was wondering what are some of your favorite camps for the, "Other," music on the playa, aside from Center Camp.

The one with words. And live instruments.

:D

I love electronic music, but I notice after a few days on the playa I'm anxious to hear other music, but it's not quite so easy to find.
Pippi

Burning Since: 2011

Re: La Musica

Postby RedHeaven » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:38 pm

I would love to scope out some with you all here on this thread.
The ones I came to love and know from 5 years back do not seem to be around anymore, it is important that we scavenge the live music together here :)

I have a few that I am involved with:

Cirque Du Cliche, 4:30 and Dandelion.
We have a live music dome, great musicians, and shitty diddies too. Our tunes range from funky grooves to the Runaways. You never know. CHERRY BOMB!

Hair of the Dog: around 5:30 and A, Rods Road around 3:00. Best dive bar on playa, live music stage. i saw some great shit there last year, spent a lot of time there. Rawk n Roll, all personality types.

I saw some more camps listed on the main site under daily schedules. When I look over it again I'll post what I see.
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby lemur » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Pippi wrote:I was wondering what are some of your favorite camps for the, "Other," music on the playa, aside from Center Camp.

The one with words. And live instruments.

:D

I love electronic music, but I notice after a few days on the playa I'm anxious to hear other music, but it's not quite so easy to find.

i presume you mean the center camp cafe..

my fav music spot on the playa has been a center camp (not the cafe) fav of mine for many years now..

Playa Jazz Cafe will be at 10:30 and Rods Road on the outer ring of center camp (along what is essentially the esplanade)..

nightly jazz jam sessions from 9pm'ish to sunrise-ish .. with a few daytime things throughout the week..

[edit.. with a house band and participation.. if you rock out some jazz stuff you can sit in.. some amazing singers and musicians show up.. ]

(and irish coffee)
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby RedHeaven » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 pm

I went to Jazz Cafe my very first year....it was great. There was a LOT of live music i saw in 2005, I was surprised. The Mermen at Center Camp was awesome....Seems like less now, that or I just lost the MAAAP of my SOUL :twisted:
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby lazerfox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:11 am

Can't remember the name of the Village but it was on Esplanade near the 3 portal. They did lots of massage, yoga type workshops and they always seemed to be playing more of the drum, foreign, and just relaxing genres of music whenever I stopped or rode by.
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Return to 2012 Art & Performance