Electric-assist trike question

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Electric-assist trike question

Postby penrose » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:14 pm

So, just making sure. A tricycle with pedals that also has an electric motor needs no special admission or handicapped placards or anything, correct?

I fear last-minute bureaucratic tangles, yes, even when dealing with the BMan org, fancy that.
penrose

Re: Electric-assist trike question

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Electric assist motor, you're good to go.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby lemur » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:28 pm

penrose wrote:
I fear last-minute bureaucratic tangles, yes, even when dealing with the BMan org, fancy that.

i suppose youd prefer it the other way ?

Besides dust clouds, last year's event also saw more serious problems like petty theft, overdoses, and accidents. The most devastating were a pre-event death due to a motorcycle crash, and three critical injuries that occurred when a man high on multiple drugs ran his car over a tent in the middle of the night.

"1996 was the year Burning Man went over the edge: too many people for the infrastructure, too many gawkers, too many cars, too many arrests, too many heartbreaks," Stuart Mangrum, the recent ex-director of communications, writes

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/ ... 97/07/5124

The Department of Mutant Vehicles (DMV) was created in 1997 to address the very real challenges of non-human powered driving at Burning Man. It was the alternative to banning the movement of vehicles at the event altogether.

http://www.burningman.com/on_the_playa/playa_vehicles/
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:05 pm

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Return to Transportation