Hello from NYC / 4 time Burner

Hello from NYC / 4 time Burner

Postby Sandstorm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:18 am

Hey, Burners! I've already made some posts here on eplaya but I thought that I should drop by this forum and give a quick hello to the board. I initially started visiting the board back in '07 when I was a virgin and did not have a playa name. 5 years later I've burned 4 times ('07, '08, '10, '11) and been given my playa name. I was recently blessed to come into possession of a pair of tickets to this year's burn and today I booked my airfare and hotel (in Reno) and am in the process of looking for both a rideshare and a camp. I'm both excited and anxious to be going back HOME this year. I was certainly one of the louder voices making a fuss about the ticket lottery fiasco (more so on FB, much less so on here) and it's not lost on me that my BM '12 tickets are a precious commodity. In that spirit I'm working on setting up some volunteer shifts in advance of getting to the playa. I'm also going to be gifting my spare BM ticket in exchange for a rideshare from and to Reno. In '09 I skipped the burn and sold my ticket for below face value and in that spirit I'd rather gift my spare ticket to this year's burn and make a connection with another burner than just selling my spare ticket and getting a rideshare from someone else.

I hope that all of you are having a good day and that come the burn you're celebrating the community and yourself, be it on or off the playa.

Sandstorm
Sandstorm

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Re: Hello from NYC / 4 time Burner

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the board!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Sandstorm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Trilobyte: Thanks for both the welcome and for the time and effort you put into being a mod on the board. It's appreciated.
Sandstorm

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Postby AntiM » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:46 am

Welcome Home again.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Sandstorm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:54 pm