Gas in Cedarville?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Gas in Cedarville?

Postby tisha2 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:05 pm

the survival guide says that Alturas is the last place to gas up coming in from the northwest, but we've been gassing up in Cedarville for years. has that station closed? anyone know?
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Re: Gas in Cedarville?

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:13 pm

fwiw, the on-line yellow pages had four gas stations in Cedarville and another three "in the Cedarville area".
I don't know how fresh they are, of course. Call them and ask...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby dirtstu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 pm

I was in Cederville two weeks ago and not only do they have gas/diesel 24/7 but it was the cheaper by far than Alturas.
Rabbit Traxx Store
580 Patterson Street – 530-279-2022

The Indian tribe runs the place...

Burn on.
Harry Nutz
Camp Spank of America
dirtstu

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Spank of America

Postby portaplaya » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Cedarville was busy constructing a brand new Chevron gas station on Townsend St. and Patterson during the Burn last year, supplementing the one station already there on Main Street. With competition, I'm sure they are both staying reasonable for the region.

But Alturas is only 24 miles away. Yes, over a mountain pass, but not far by rural standards. So I can see why the Yellow Pages is listing those as well.

By the way, that Yellow Page listing has the same address listed twice on Main (once as Phillip's Garage, once as Cedarville Station) and the Chevron is listed twice. There are only two stations, not four.
portaplaya

Postby tisha2 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:19 pm

awesome sauce. thanks y'all!!

i also remember that station on the corner in Cedarville being very burner friendly and letting you fill up as much (non-potable) water as you want with a gas purchase.
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby dragonpilot » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:31 pm

tisha2 wrote:awesome sauce. thanks y'all!!

i also remember that station on the corner in Cedarville being very burner friendly and letting you fill up as much (non-potable) water as you want with a gas purchase.

The Cedarville Chevron station w/b open for business, no worries. I love that little town and their welcoming spirit! Oh, and even tho the water may be free with a gas purchase, please consider slipping them a few extra bucks...water is a very valuable resource in this area.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby portaplaya » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:53 pm

dragonpilot wrote: and even tho the water may be free with a gas purchase, please consider slipping them a few extra bucks...water is a very valuable resource in this area.

Which is good advice. But I'll remind people that you can fill-up on potable water for free at the Alturus Four Corner Market, but they request you shop there. And since this is the last place to get fresh veggies and fruit, it's pretty easy to get your last bit of produce there.
portaplaya

Postby Playa+Tom » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:17 pm

When I got gas in Cedarville last week it was far less expensive than in Alturas.
Playa+Tom

Postby some seeing eye » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks for the report.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby Stickygreen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:04 pm

water from the Cedarville tap tastes like shit! maybe it's just my opinion, but i'd rather buy the stuff in the plastic bottles....

thanks for the update on the 24/7 service hours.
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby portaplaya » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Stickygreen wrote:water from the Cedarville tap tastes like shit! maybe it's just my opinion, but i'd rather buy the stuff in the plastic bottles....

I thought you could only get non-potable water in Cedarville. This would be a factor in why it tasted like shit, I would say. :lol:
portaplaya

Postby teardropper » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:17 am

Not only does Cedarville have gas/diesel 24/7, it has a small grocery. As noted, it's only 25 miles from Alturas across Cedar Pass. Your choice. However, Cedarville has a fine bookstore that is a real treat. Also, Surprise Valley Hot Springs is an elegant, quiet place to soak the the playa out. Pre-Burn, Eagles Nest RV Resort near Tionesta is great. We've been going there to get another day away before we hit BRC. They're Burners and give us a special rate. Remember though, from Cedarville to BRC is pretty much open range - if you do it at night be real aware of stock and wild horses. A couple years ago a friend hit a wild horse and it ruined both their days.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:21 am

For kicks, check out the local resources announcement post. Cedarville's mentioned, with a link to a page of additional resources in the area.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby wedeliver » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:21 pm

teardropper wrote:Not only does Cedarville have gas/diesel 24/7, it has a small grocery. As noted, it's only 25 miles from Alturas across Cedar Pass. Your choice. However, Cedarville has a fine bookstore that is a real treat. Also, Surprise Valley Hot Springs is an elegant, quiet place to soak the the playa out. Pre-Burn, Eagles Nest RV Resort near Tionesta is great. We've been going there to get another day away before we hit BRC. They're Burners and give us a special rate. Remember though, from Cedarville to BRC is pretty much open range - if you do it at night be real aware of stock and wild horses. A couple years ago a friend hit a wild horse and it ruined both their days.

(hi Teardropper, hope to see ya)

Thank you for the kind words but I wish to say that we don't give a special rate to burners this year. Water, showers, toilet facilities, camping on the grass.. all free. no charge. thanks for coming. get some rest so you can drive safely.

Now if you need to "hook up" to electric power we have fixed all the meters so your cost will be .20 per unit. The same thing we pay! so again burners stay for free. Look guys/gals if you don't accept my gift then what good is it?
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 pm

portaplaya wrote:
Stickygreen wrote:water from the Cedarville tap tastes like shit! maybe it's just my opinion, but i'd rather buy the stuff in the plastic bottles....

I thought you could only get non-potable water in Cedarville. This would be a factor in why it tasted like shit, I would say. :lol:

Pretty sure you're right. We just fill up the RV water tank and use it for washing a dish or two, quick shower...I wouldn't want to drink it...no siree!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Postby Foxfur » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:37 am

Knowmad & I stopped by Eagle's Nest on our way home last year. It's a beautiful place. We only stopped for a few hours for a quick nap but it would be a perfect place to stay for a night or many nights. There's a small grocery on the way in that has BEER and food.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby drew » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Gas at a Much better price than Alturas, Good drinking water from the tap and clean bathrooms, Drew's Cedarville Station the older Gas Station on the corner where you turn. Expert Auto Repair and Towing. Extreamly Burner Friendly.
drew

Postby teardropper » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Drew, you really shouldn't beat your own drum here. Let me do it. I was just there last weekend, it was after 5 on Sunday and wished your mechanic was there, what did I expect, but gas is always well priced for the middle of the desert. And I get ice cream katty-corner at the market. Do they sell 'Its It' ice cream sandwiches there?
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Postby seantildawn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 pm

[quote="drew"]Gas at a Much better price than Alturas, Good drinking water from the tap and clean bathrooms, Drew's Cedarville Station the older Gas Station on the corner where you turn. Expert Auto Repair and Towing. Extreamly Burner Friendly.[/quote]

I work for Caltrans and have surveyed many times on 299 but never turned left or right anywhere. Where is the gas in Cedarville? I would love to skip the Chevron in Alturas and come over the pass to fill up.
seantildawn

Burning Since: 1998

Postby dragonpilot » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 pm

seantildawn wrote:
drew wrote:Gas at a Much better price than Alturas, Good drinking water from the tap and clean bathrooms, Drew's Cedarville Station the older Gas Station on the corner where you turn. Expert Auto Repair and Towing. Extreamly Burner Friendly.

I work for Caltrans and have surveyed many times on 299 but never turned left or right anywhere. Where is the gas in Cedarville? I would love to skip the Chevron in Alturas and come over the pass to fill up.

Smack dab in the middle of town! Been stopping there for 7 years...awesome service!
dragonpilot

Postby swampdog » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Last year the Alturas chevron saved my butt. 2 miles past town I blew a tire on teh trailer. This was Sunday a week before opening, I was on early entry. Nothing was open. I called Alturas Chevron because it was the only thing I knew of, and they hooked me up with a local tow truck driver who wasn't officially on duty. He took me to a guy he knows who does tires (all the regular businesses were closed) and I was all put back together and back on teh road, easy as pie and a LOT less expensive than it could have been. That was about the luckiest bad-luck I've ever had. So I have a fondness for Alturas Chevron and the good people of Alturas.

At Cedarville, they limited the amount of gas I could buy to I think $50. I was using a debit card. Certainly enough to get me to the next whisky bar but something to keep in mind. Alturas may have the same limit, I don't know.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby wedeliver » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:02 pm

and one year ago....,...bump
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Return to Transportation