Name Change Requests / deadline?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Name Change Requests / deadline?

Postby SkeletonMan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 am

Will it be possible to request a name change after STEP closes 7th August?

And in case I don't have a new ticket holder before STEP closes can I supply the new ticket holder with documentation, id copies etc so he/she can then settle things at the Will Call Office?
SkeletonMan

Burning Since: 2007

Re: Name Change Requests / deadline?

Postby CarrieSnarf » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 am

UUUuuuuummmm...

STEP tickets are not transferable. My knowledge of the English language would imply that that means you cannot change the name on them. What shenanigans are you trying to pull?

http://blog.burningman.com/2012/02/news ... cy-change/
thesammiewagon.blogspot.com
CarrieSnarf

Postby BBadger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 am

Yup, you can't change a STEP name. That's part of the beauty of it. If you can't attend, you can try selling it back into STEP before the deadline. Otherwise you're SOL.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby SkeletonMan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:24 am

CarrieSnarf wrote:UUUuuuuummmm...

STEP tickets are not transferable. My knowledge of the English language would imply that that means you cannot change the name on them. What shenanigans are you trying to pull?

No shenanigans - just a clarifying question! Also, it is not STEP tickets we want to put back into STEP or request name change for.

I am part of the organizing team for an art project/performance and have received 15 direct distributed tickets (and feel very privileged to have received these!!). The tickets have been distributed but three people cannot confirm if they can go until Aug 6th. If they cannot go we won't be able to find replacements and will be more than happy to use STEP. In fact, this is BY FAR the best way for us to pass on the tickets at such a late date.

I am posting this thread because other threads mention up to a week can pass before you get the STEP link - and then the STEP want-list might be very short?! Or one might not even get access to STEP?!

In other words, I was hoping someone can ease my/our mind that it should not be a problem to enter tickets into and sell via STEP very close to the deadline.

Most of the team will come from Denmark which also adds to the time pressure - it takes a bit more time from here to organize everything so I am just trying to determine what time pressure we will be on from Aug 6th.
SkeletonMan

Postby International Incident » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 am

The FAQs are pretty clear

Option One - if you make the August 7 deadline.
http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#stepclose

Option Two - If you don’t make the deadline then you can sell them and transfer them over if they are at will call
http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#elsepickup
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby SkeletonMan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:28 am

melaniejane wrote:The FAQs are pretty clear

Option One - if you make the August 7 deadline.
http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#stepclose

Option Two - If you don’t make the deadline then you can sell them and transfer them over if they are at will call
http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#elsepickup

That was fast - thank you!
SkeletonMan

Postby daydreamer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:14 am

Am I correct in thinking that physical tickets do not need a name change if passed on to another?
daydreamer

Location: Richmond, Virginia now, soon Eastham, Massachusetts
Burning Since: 2010

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am

Yup. There are no names on physical tickets.

I will not talk about the endless requests for same earlier this year. I"m so glad that's over...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:12 pm

SkeletonMan wrote:

No shenanigans - just a clarifying question! Also, it is not STEP tickets we want to put back into STEP or request name change for.

I am part of the organizing team for an art project/performance and have received 15 direct distributed tickets (and feel very privileged to have received these!!). The tickets have been distributed but three people cannot confirm if they can go until Aug 6th. If they cannot go we won't be able to find replacements and will be more than happy to use STEP. In fact, this is BY FAR the best way for us to pass on the tickets at such a late date.

I am posting this thread because other threads mention up to a week can pass before you get the STEP link - and then the STEP want-list might be very short?! Or one might not even get access to STEP?!

In other words, I was hoping someone can ease my/our mind that it should not be a problem to enter tickets into and sell via STEP very close to the deadline.

Most of the team will come from Denmark which also adds to the time pressure - it takes a bit more time from here to organize everything so I am just trying to determine what time pressure we will be on from Aug 6th.

Here's your answer:

trilobyte wrote:Those tickets are transferable, but should be kept within the camp or project. And it goes without saying that they should be sold for no more than face plus shipping (either by you or the person you sell it to). Camps whose members sell directed tickets above face will be punished severely.

From this current thread:
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=56610

You may transfer Directed Distribution Tickets, but not STEP tickets. STEP tickets may only be used by the buyer or sold back into STEP. Direct Distribution tickets are slightly more flexible. Keep them for your camp only, and sell only at face value to people who will assist you in your mission. Trilo's not kidding, camps who scalp can be denied any or all privileges.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 pm

What Savannah said, especially the part where she quoted my other post :)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby SkeletonMan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 am

Savannah wrote:
SkeletonMan wrote:

Here's your answer:

trilobyte wrote:Those tickets are transferable, but should be kept within the camp or project. And it goes without saying that they should be sold for no more than face plus shipping (either by you or the person you sell it to). Camps whose members sell directed tickets above face will be punished severely.

From this current thread:
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=56610

You may transfer Directed Distribution Tickets, but not STEP tickets. STEP tickets may only be used by the buyer or sold back into STEP. Direct Distribution tickets are slightly more flexible. Keep them for your camp only, and sell only at face value to people who will assist you in your mission. Trilo's not kidding, camps who scalp can be denied any or all privileges.

Thanks for the extra information.

And for the record, this thread was only started to find out how to pass on direct distributed tickets. It goes without saying they would NEVER be sold above face value!!!
SkeletonMan

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion