Sober Designated MV Driver volunteering

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.

Sober Designated MV Driver volunteering

Postby Dr Harry » Tue May 01, 2012 7:50 am

Sober Designated MV Driver (4yr vet) volunteering his-own-self and his birgin brother (also sober)
Dr Harry
chezharry68@gmail.com
Dr Harry

Re: Sober Designated MV Driver volunteering

Postby cpart » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:14 am

I've never heard of such a thing.
cpart

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Galaxo Magic » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:37 pm

What a great gift idea. I had thought of volunteering for this as I am mostly sober. Now that we have our own MV I tend to drive it 50% of the time. Always nice to have some help with such things! You guys rock!
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Galaxo Magic » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:42 pm

In fact, we would be please to have volunteer driver help with Beau this year. Our MV is built on a 1989 Chevy van. Not hard to drive but usually takes two people inside at night.
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby tisha2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:01 pm

where will you fine boys be camping this year? if you see us rolling about, feel free to introduce yourselves. we just might be interested in your services.

https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby StevenGoodman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Best sober designated MV driver we ever had was the owner's 17 year old son. He had lots of fun herding a bunch of drunk people around the playa...

And getting hit on by hot 18 year old babes...

Martini Steve
Playawaste Raiders and Megaton Bar and Grill
StevenGoodman

Postby msmohit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Hello,

You may have already connected with Art Cars drive, but if not, we have a large car that we are bringing to the playa for the first time and would love to talk with you about possibly driving it for a shift. What a lovely gift to give.

Queenie
msmohit

Postby Elliot » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:56 pm

StevenGoodman wrote:And getting hit on by hot 18 year old babes...

I'm volunteering!

Seriously, I could do this. My own MV is on hold because of Too Many Projects and Not Enough Money, so getting to drive one anyway would be fun. I would have to fit it in around my Perimeter schedule and a few other fixed events. I'm not a teetotaler, but I'm already planning for strict moderation this year because of my Perimeter work.

Wednesday is open afternoon and evening, but only up to maybe 22:00 (10 PM) because I need to sleep before going on Perimeter at 06:00.

Friday the same, except I could start earlier in the day, having no scheduled shift that morning.

Saturday, Man Burn night. After I'm done with Lamplighters I could drive quite a while, as I have no more morning shifts. I'm thinking this would be the night when a sober driver is most in demand.

Sunday, I could drive some in the daytime, before I go on shift at 18:00 (6 PM).

I drove 18-wheelers for 27 years, so I ought to be able to handle most MVs. I would want to bring a friend or two along, at least for part of it, unless the MV is very small.

So... is this of interest to any of you MV owners?
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Postby Galaxo Magic » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:07 am

Elliot,
We could really use a driver for the pink elephant, Beau Le'Phant. It is a 1989 Chevy van and really takes two folks inside at night to see out both sides. Last year all the driving was done by one of the two builders, so this year we hope to get some help with that. I have a couple of prospects for drivers but you know how that works out.

Dr. G
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Elliot » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:17 am

Galaxo Magic wrote:Elliot,
We could really use a driver for the pink elephant, Beau Le'Phant. It is a 1989 Chevy van and really takes two folks inside at night to see out both sides. Last year all the driving was done by one of the two builders, so this year we hope to get some help with that. I have a couple of prospects for drivers but you know how that works out.

Dr. G

Very good. Then that's decided; no "prospect" about it. We'll pick two or three of my four available days. I sent you a PM.

(I trust the original poster has already made his arrangements. I hope I'm not highjacking his thread to his detriment.)
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.

ImageImageImage
Elliot

Postby Elliot » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Fabulously useful thread, this. I'll be driving Beau Le'Phant Friday 6 to 10 PM, and Saturday after Lamplighters to whenever. :D

ImageImageImage
Elliot

Postby mgb327 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:51 pm

What an interesting thread...never thought about my "gifting" as a safe driver. I can drive most anything, boat/plane/car. I will be near 3:30 and J, not too tied up, but want to hit Root and a few others, but can offer my driving to some MVs. Sober for 23 years, so that solves the issue. PM me if needed.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Return to 2012 Mutant Vehicles