Varm Danish Guy Need A Camp ;-)

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Varm Danish Guy Need A Camp ;-)

Postby hjortlund » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:33 am

Hi, I need a camp since the Skandinavian camp have no more room for new people .. . :( . .. My first Burn ;-)

I am very helpful and have a good spirit of mind. I can do alot of practial work if needed . .. since I have no idea how to party :D
I will use some time with the Danish camp (working with CO2 frendly vehicles, so I will use the most work there)

Hope to here from you. Jonas Hjortlund
hjortlund

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Varm Danish Guy Need A Camp ;-)

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:45 am

Finding a camp can be challenging, and by this time of the year, placement is out, plans are firmed up and spaces rare. I did start a thread to let people know how to look, so you can follow the link and see what we say. Right off, this time of year, I'd say start reading the threads in this subforum and be sure to look at the list of themecamps this year. Particpating on the board might help. As people interact with you and (hopefully) grow to like you, they become more interested in having you in their camps.
Much as I hate to say it (because I'm no good at it myself) you are going to have to sell yourself better. And you are likely going to have to work for where you are staying, as well as the Scandinavian Camp. You might want to ask the Scandinavian Camp if they have any leads, actually. You might want to think about if and how much you are willing to pay into a camp. Many placed theme camps have dues, this allows for a communal infrastructure. Ordinarily, I point out the option of just showing up with your gear and meeting your neighbors, doing without an organized camp, but still having some on-playa support. But for people coming long distances, such as overseas, someone based closer becomes more important. You might try Doc Pyro's Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro Village. As far as I know (and others probably know more) that's the place putting most effort in welcoming foriegners into their camp. You might also try camps in AEZ (Alternative Energy Zone) and maybe even Hushville, villages that might be most interested in low carbon vehicles.
good luck!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Jonas!

TheCryptofishist gave you very good advice.

Make sure to read the Survival Guide linked below if you haven't already . . .

Welcome to the board. :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby hjortlund » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks for the advice ! all good adventures has a starting point ;-)
hjortlund

Burning Since: 2012

Postby mamasharon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:21 am

Fantasyland is still accepting campers. PM me and I'll fill you in.
mamasharon

Return to 2012 Theme Camps