Have not received tickets yet. Have you?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Have not received tickets yet. Have you?

Postby homesauce » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 am

I have not received my tickets yet either... I have been on the phone with the ticketing company and the post office...neither which has been really helpful. At first the post office said they lost my package, but after further investigation, it seems that they had never gotten it from the ticketing agency...they only received electronic information about it. From what the lady said this has happened with 800 others. The ticketing company has barely answered my calls, and when they do, they can't give me any information on the status of my package, and said to write an email with all this info...I have not yet heard back. The person at the post office said I should open an investigation for mail fraud... I have not been able to find a way to speak with anyone at burning man org. If anyone has any information...or a person I can contact... Please help!!
homesauce

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Camp New Jersey

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 pm

People have be reporting good results with the inticketing email address. I don't know for this exactly, but apparently customer service has been pretty good this year.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:54 am

If you've got a notification email with tracking info, follow up with the carrier. Otherwise go take a look at the FAQ and contact support through the online form. Using the form/online system will get the fastest response, phone will generally get the slowest (probably in hopes that you get resourceful and use the online support system).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Machina » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:56 am

Has anyone in Canada received their tickets? USPS Express International claims 3-5 business days. I'm going on 8 now since I received the shipping email, and nothing yet (and no tracking number).

Grumble.
Machina

Burning Since: 2010

Postby MacGlenver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 am

Machina wrote:Has anyone in Canada received their tickets? USPS Express International claims 3-5 business days. I'm going on 8 now since I received the shipping email, and nothing yet (and no tracking number).

Grumble.

Pretty sure I've heard of several Canadians getting their tickets. Dont know if they've gotten tracking numbers or not. I'd read this thread's last several pages and see what they say. I'd reach out to BMorg pretty soon if I were you.
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Postby remi » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:44 am

I just got my yesturday (and so did my buddies.) We're in Calgary, and we didn't get any fucking candy.. so fuck you all! My day was ruined... until I realized I'm a grown as adult and I can go to the store and buy my own candy.. that I started screaming because I have 2 tickets to Burning man.

Blarg!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby MacGlenver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 am

remi wrote:I just got my yesturday (and so did my buddies.) We're in Calgary, and we didn't get any fucking candy.. so fuck you all! My day was ruined... until I realized I'm a grown as adult and I can go to the store and buy my own candy.. that I started screaming because I have 2 tickets to Burning man.

Blarg!

Wonder if there's a regulation against sending "food" (candy, in this case), into a different country. Maybe they consider it selling food and it requires some additional permits or something.
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Postby Ratty » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

I always thought the fire ball had a purpose. USPS has rules about which service you can use and how thick the pkg has to be. I remember the clerk making a little trash ball out of junk mail to stick in my envelope so it would be thick enough to use some postal extra service (like insurance). Just a thought....
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby Machina » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 am

Contacted ticketing via the form to see if they can at least give me the tracking number (since they didn't, in the email). My postperson only seems to deliver 2 or maybe 3 days per week since the big strike last year... soooo, finger crossed maybe they show up today!?

Honestly now, it's Canada Post that makes me nervous. Delivery to my building is completely erratic, and my stuff has ended up in other peoples' mailboxes more than once. I feel so lost without a tracking number! :|
Machina

Postby Savannah » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 am

remi wrote:I just got my yesturday (and so did my buddies.) We're in Calgary, and we didn't get any fucking candy.. so fuck you all! My day was ruined... until I realized I'm a grown as adult and I can go to the store and buy my own candy..

:lol:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 am

It wasn't a regulation forbidding candy to Canadian orders, it however required additional customs forms (whereas documents do not).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Machina » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:31 pm

Crap, nothing today & no response from ticketing yet. Going on 9 business days...
Machina

Postby attemptress » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:37 pm

No love here yet (Yellowknife). Friday's the last possible day for it to get here before I leave on my trip... thankfully it can be re-mailed to me on my travels, but blergh. Just want it in my hand. but hearing people in Calgary got theirs recently is a decent sign it might show up in the next day or two. Mail here is always kind of wonk.
attemptress

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Machina » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:22 pm

10 business days (twice what the service is supposed to take), no tickets, no notice card, and no response from Burning Man ticketing. What should I do? I really need that tracking number at this point. Called the post office, they can't do anything until I provide them a tracking number.
Machina

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Machina wrote:10 business days (twice what the service is supposed to take), no tickets, no notice card, and no response from Burning Man ticketing. What should I do? I really need that tracking number at this point.

It takes Canada Post a week to get a letter across Saskatoon. Who, in their right mind, expects mail from the USA to only take 10 business days.?? Since this weekend is a long weekend, it might be realistic to expect your ticket(s) by the end of next week.

Knowing ones' ticket is waiting for them at Will Call, ... Priceless
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Machina » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:30 pm

stretch80 wrote:
Machina wrote:10 business days (twice what the service is supposed to take), no tickets, no notice card, and no response from Burning Man ticketing. What should I do? I really need that tracking number at this point.

It takes Canada Post a week to get a letter across Saskatoon. Who, in their right mind, expects mail from the USA to only take 10 business days.?? Since this weekend is a long weekend, it might be realistic to expect your ticket(s) by the end of next week.

Knowing ones' ticket is waiting for them at Will Call, ... Priceless

USPS Express International says 3-5 business days. Otherwise I wouldn't be freaking yet.
Machina

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Machina wrote:USPS Express International says 3-5 business days. Otherwise I wouldn't be freaking yet.

If I remember correctly: USPS Express International becomes Canada Post Express after crossing the border. Which, will only take a couple days more after crossing the big line. (emphasis on if I remember correctly ;) )
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby Machina » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Just wish they had sent a damn tracking number... wish they'd respond to my request and just send it to me... arrrgh.
Machina

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Machina wrote:Just wish they had sent a damn tracking number... wish they'd respond to my request and just sent it to me... arrrgh.

Try to envision the shitshow as 30,000 emails start arriving, wondering about tickets.

Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful... "patience grasshopper" {shrug}

Last time I had a ticket shipped to me was 2008. Life was simpler before the ticket cap was reached. It is nice to hold ones' ticket before leaving, but, way less stressful getting in line at will call to pick it up (right by the gate).

I hope the long weekend does not slow things down for you!
Love Rice

Rice

Postby Machina » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:01 pm

You are right. The big lesson learned here for me is to always go with Will Call in the future.
Machina

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:42 am

If you've filled out the web form to contact support and ask, you've done the right thing it's just a matter of being patient.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Machina » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks trilo. Still no tickets today, and no response from the ticketing folks after 72 hours. Getting nervous.
Machina

Postby Rice » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Machina wrote:Thanks trilo. Still no tickets today, and no response from the ticketing folks after 72 hours. Getting nervous.

Three burners in Saskatoon, SK received their tickets today...
Love Rice

Rice

Postby capjbadger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm

junglesmacks wrote:Remember when we used to make shit?

Some of us still do... http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=33263&p=863364#p863364
Which is why I haven't been on here much this year. ;)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby attemptress » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Well folks, my last chance is tonight, should Canada Post decide to grace my door step with two lovely tickets home. I leave tomorrow morning.

(Thankfully, there are folks left behind who will mail them to me on a point in my travels.)

If they're not here tonight, I'm going to give it until August 13-14 for them to arrive (nearly a month after my shipping notification) and get on the BM Ticketing horn to say, hey, what the heck, please cancel and put new tickets at Will Call.

Moral of the story: if you have anywhere to go before Burning Man, and/or are moving houses any time within what might be the time tickets are shipped and the event, go with Will Call.

I will always go with Will Call in the future to save myself unnecessary anxiety.

Hugs to everyone on this thread.
attemptress

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Don't call. Following the instructions on this post click the link for the online support form and fill that sucker out (you've done the waiting & due diligence, that's the next step).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Katiebaby25 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm in Calgary and have not received my tickets either.... A friend of mine got his on Monday so I was expecting them around then. If there's nothing tonight I will contact the ticketing people. :(
*Sgnoflake*
Space Gnomes <;)
Katiebaby25

Camp Name: Space Gnomes

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Glad to hear your Calgary friend got his, and sorry you're still waiting Katie. Man, and I thought the USPS was slow! Same advice as what I recommended to attemptress above, use the online support page if they're not there tonight.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby waynerd » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm in Calgary too. No ticket yet and now it's a long weekend. Have a notification email telling me they were sent on July 19 (no tracking options). I'm really starting to wonder if I'm supposed to go at all. A guy I hired and paid a deposit to help build me the main section of my art/photo project has flaked out and all but disappeared leaving me high and dry. My budget is non existent, I don't even have a bike yet and now my vehicle is now making noises. My headspace is a mess, I could really use some good news.
Excuse me, this is way different than what was described in the brochure!
waynerd

Camp Name: Camp Come Again

Postby Dr Helix » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:00 pm

waynerd wrote:I'm in Calgary too. No ticket yet and now it's a long weekend. Have a notification email telling me they were sent on July 19 (no tracking options). I'm really starting to wonder if I'm supposed to go at all. A guy I hired and paid a deposit to help build me the main section of my art/photo project has flaked out and all but disappeared leaving me high and dry. My budget is non existent, I don't even have a bike yet and now my vehicle is now making noises. My headspace is a mess, I could really use some good news.

My wife, who lives in Calgary has not received hers yet either. She has sent in the online form and has not heard back. Hers were shipped on July 20th. We are scared to death.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion