Have not received tickets yet. Have you?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Have not received tickets yet. Have you?

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:02 pm

My GF's ticket was just delivered!! :D

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby delle » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Now that I have a notification, I'm going to call the post office tomorrow to up my chances of actual delivery.

I no longer have last year's envelope to refer to.... what to tell them?

S.F.? Burning Man? Registered mail? Or does it show as something else?

Edited: On re-reading the notifications, there's no mention whatsoever of it being registered. No tracking number. Just pretty much "They've been sent". Are tickets to Canada just regular mail? Or can I expect a tracking number to arrive in tomorrows emails? $29 per ticket seems a tad steep for regular mail, so I'm still hoping.....
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:34 pm

It goes through regular mail. In the US, it's USPS and has a tracking number, but unfortunately the handoff process from USPS to your equivalent doesn't do so with a tracking number that I'm aware of. I experience the same thing (in reverse) whenever I've ordered event tickets in Ireland or the UK.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby remi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:42 pm

HELL YA... CANADA HAS STARTED! 2 tickets pre-sale tickets to canada have been shipped! I screamed when I got the email and scared my gf and my buddy!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby Machina » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Holy shit remi, FINALLY!

Nothing yet here, argh - mine was main sale/lottery, $320 level... WAITING, waiting, waiting!
Machina

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Machina » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 pm

trilobyte wrote:It goes through regular mail. In the US, it's USPS and has a tracking number, but unfortunately the handoff process from USPS to your equivalent doesn't do so with a tracking number that I'm aware of. I experience the same thing (in reverse) whenever I've ordered event tickets in Ireland or the UK.

From the ticket purchase confirmation email:

Delivery:
Canada - Your order will be delivered securely via USPS Global Express Mail. You will receive an email Shipping Notification which will include your tracking number. You will need to be present to sign for your ticket(s) upon delivery. If your package is not received within 10 business days of the Shipping Notification, please contact your local post office. NOTE: Packages will not be sent until June 2012.

I order a ton of stuff online, and usually with USPS you do get a tracking #, which then works on the Canada Post website once the item goes through customs.

Weird that there would be no tracking number with Global Express.
Machina

Postby attemptress » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:09 pm

SHIPPING NOTIFICATION DANCE!

Last name G, Lottery, 5:59 PM MST going to Yellowknife

YES!

Thank you Trilo for holding my hand electronically many a time in this process.
attemptress

Burning Since: 2012

Postby attemptress » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:42 pm

No tracking number -- ah well. Canada Post knows very specifically where I am at what time due to mail forwarding, etc. I am going to go visit my local CP office tomorrow to change the dates on my forwarding slightly (though I did give an updated address to BM ticketing) just to be extra cautious of my moveout date...

I still feel amazing right now though. I am going to sail through the first couple of days on endorphins on the playa if this euphoria is my reaction to a shipping notification.
attemptress

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Email went out about 3 and 1/2 hours ago. Post office got notification of the existence of my shipment on the 16th.
Is an eye roll appropriate?

I swear, one day I'll do Eyeroll Camp, with eyeball marbles and serve some sort of wrap.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ano » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Woke up at 10:15, fell asleep, woke up at 10:30, walk downstairs, discover that the mailman came by at 10:20, kick myself, and now I wait until tomorrow when I can go to the post office and pick it up.
Ano

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: ???

Postby Machina » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Dammit, nothing yet for this Edmontonian. Maybe this is karma bitchsmacking me for all my e-whining.
Machina

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Remember when we used to make shit?
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby remi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:03 am

attemptress wrote:No tracking number -- ah well. Canada Post knows very specifically where I am at what time due to mail forwarding, etc. I am going to go visit my local CP office tomorrow to change the dates on my forwarding slightly (though I did give an updated address to BM ticketing) just to be extra cautious of my moveout date...

I still feel amazing right now though. I am going to sail through the first couple of days on endorphins on the playa if this euphoria is my reaction to a shipping notification.

Mine also didn't have a tracking number. Interesting, as this contradicts what we've told... orders will have a tracking number.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby offarock » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:11 am

junglesmacks wrote:Remember when we used to make shit?

We used to make shit in this country, build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket.
- Frank Sobotka
This signature left intentionally blank.
offarock

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Silicon Village - Squirreltopia

Postby Machina » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:14 am

At 11:23 p.m. last night I finally got the shipping email! Someone's working late!

Same as you guys--no tracking info. I sincerely hope that the ticketing company can at least track it, in the event that for some reason it doesn't make it to me. The postal carrier for my building is historically unreliable-- she will try to deliver packages and NOT leave a notice, and the only way I find out is by checking the tracking online.
Machina

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:23 am

OK... I'm now officially on tenterhooks. I bought mine from a friend via ticket transfer. The tickets will be sent to me, but the shipping-notification email will still go to her. Thing is, she's now en route to the US, where she will be living for the next four months; for the next little while, as she is in transit and busy with the move -- not to mention super stressed-out -- I can't really expect her to be monitoring her emails for this one and forwarding it to me. So I just have to check my physical mailbox every day like people did when they were expecting a delivery in the olden days (B.I. = Before Internet).

Fingernails: You're on notice. Prepare for your doom.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby marklar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:46 am

I received my email on July 3rd. Well aware of the mountain of busywork to get even the tickets into the correct envelopes and to the post office, I haven't worried these last three weeks. But it's Priority Mail, right? Last night I checked on the routing number Track and Confirm function. This morning, USPS responded to say they have no record of that number at all and to contact the sender. The "sender" in this case has no email address or phone number to handle about online orders! So now what.
marklar

Postby offarock » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 am

wh..sh wrote:Ran into the same issue with 2 tickets for friends. Got a shipping confirmation email on Jul 3rd but I checked today and the status was still at "Electronic shipping info received".
I contacted USPS and they started an "investigation" but they had no useful information for that tracking number.

I contacted burning man support and got a reply in 3 hours with a new tracking number. Apparently, I was sent the wrong tracking number.
According to the new tracking number status, I should have the tickets in today.

Doesnt look like it was a stand alone problem. Many people from that shipping batch might run into the same issue.

Edit: July 3rd.

offarock wrote:In the interest of providing information:

Ticket shipping Email notification received on 03JUL2012 3pm.
Used the USPS link and tracking number in the Email to check on progress.
The tracking number stated "Electronic shipping info received" on 05JUL2012.

That status did not change on the USPS web site even when the tickets were actually delivered today 11JUL2012. I suppose it might change to delivered later today, but there was no indication it was out for delivery.

So don't rely on the USPS site to give you a heads up for the delivery.

But, HEY! I got them!

Bottom line is that it seems the initial tracking number provided has been bogus some many cases.
This signature left intentionally blank.
offarock

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Silicon Village - Squirreltopia

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:24 am

catinthefunnyhat wrote:OK... I'm now officially on tenterhooks. I bought mine from a friend via ticket transfer. The tickets will be sent to me, but the shipping-notification email will still go to her. Thing is, she's now en route to the US, where she will be living for the next four months; for the next little while, as she is in transit and busy with the move -- not to mention super stressed-out -- I can't really expect her to be monitoring her emails for this one and forwarding it to me. So I just have to check my physical mailbox every day like people did when they were expecting a delivery in the olden days (B.I. = Before Internet).

Fingernails: You're on notice. Prepare for your doom.

In Apokalyptika all are always prepared for doom!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:52 am

Got my shipping notice, got my shipping notice, got my shipping notice FINALLY for 4 pre-sale tickets to Washington DC.

Yikes!
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:54 pm

happy to see they look like they are coming out quick now ! :)
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:33 pm

So far so good... DoomSTAR™ ShokTroop™ Tickets are arriving as we speak. Expect playa-bound mayhem. That is all.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby MacGlenver » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Grats to all the folks with shipping notices. Been following you worry warts for a while (was one of you until a week ago) :).

PS. My friend got his DDT notice yesterday afternoon.
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Postby BrotherDan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Got my ticket today! It is now sitting resting comfortably in my gun safe. Last year I thought I had lost two tickets during a housing move. That ain't happening again this year.
BrotherDan

Postby True_Angel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:05 am

WHOO HOO GOLDEN TICKET HOME arrived, but no email heads up and no signature required . . . WHO CARES in safe hands now . . . heading home :D
True_Angel

Postby attemptress » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 am

marklar wrote:I received my email on July 3rd. Well aware of the mountain of busywork to get even the tickets into the correct envelopes and to the post office, I haven't worried these last three weeks. But it's Priority Mail, right? Last night I checked on the routing number Track and Confirm function. This morning, USPS responded to say they have no record of that number at all and to contact the sender. The "sender" in this case has no email address or phone number to handle about online orders! So now what.

Contact Burning Man ticketing.
attemptress

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:05 am

Yes.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby skyhawkecks » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Picked up my tickets today from USPS. They feel sensual on my skin.
skyhawkecks

Postby lbhat » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:24 pm

My $390 atomic fire ball arrived today.... along with a amazingly printed small piece of paper complete with staple holes. Still happy dancing 3 hours later... :D

Home,.... I can taste the dust now...

--------------
"Whom God wishes to destroy he first makes mad."
Seneca

-------------
lbhat

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Got the email I've been waiting for today! The friend who initially purchased the tickets and transferred the order to me got the email yesterday and forwarded it to me today. The ticket will probably arrive next week while I'm out of town, but a couple of weeks ago, I managed to do the clever thing for a change and arranged to have my mail held for me while I'm away, specifically in case the tickets arrived then. I owe a big thank-you to all the ePlayans; had I not been watching these threads, I probably wouldn't have had the foresight to do that.

Big hugs and a shoulder squeeze to anyone still awaiting that special email...

:D
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion