Burning Man Denies Tribal Guests

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Burning Man Denies Tribal Guests

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Wrong again, those guest tickets were only available as something you could just buy outright(and then abuse by selling them to strangers) the last 2 years in a row.

Before that, the Local had to submit your name ahead of time, and you would get them at will call(the 2-3 previous years), AND before that, you had to actually show up WITH the local in order to get those guest passes(the previous 10+ years).

THEY created the loophole, and of course some will jump through a loophole when it prevents itself, it IS human nature.

The big kicker is that now most of the Residents of Gerlach cannot bring their usual family and/or friends in because of this, and NO warning was given for them to jump into the mix with the regular groups to get in line and freak out like everyone else has to.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby goathead » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:37 pm

it was nice seeing Sparrow this past weekend, tell him his GF looks like a little boy, but with sexy tattoos on his ass.

ahhhh where you the one he was playing with when he caught his face on fire? This explains a lot. Wonder why your checking out the tattoos on his ass?
Hers are much better.

It's difficult feeling sympathy or sharing outrage with the radically self-entitled. How dare they not let them buy two extra cut rate tickets per tribal member that they then turn around and sell for profit? If people want to get angry at people over that change, they should start with the tribal ticket resellers.

The residents of Gerlach and the Paiute tribe are assured of getting their own tickets, that's a better situation than what many longtime burners are in.

Trilo
Collective Punishment, ahhh that is so fun. Line the innocent up against the wall with the guilty. :twisted: yep that will teach them a lesson.
LMAO

Radically Self Entitiled, ohhhhh you should work a burn at the Shell Station, Empire store, Bruno's or any of the other small places along 447 and veiw the Radically Self Entitiled. That just cracks me up.

Bottom line is if they where going to change the policy why didn't they change it BEFORE the CLUSTERFUCK so we could have joined in?

Bottom line is why not get mad at the real fucking culprits of the story?
This is all Fucking BLM driven.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
Burn Shit And Blow Shit Up. Eric
goathead

Postby beaneumann » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:53 am

oneeyeddick wrote:(and the 4 residents of Empire), who also had the option of adding 2 guests all of these years.

LOL!
beaneumann

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp Glamazon

Postby goathead » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:56 am

wondering what is funny about a decimated town?
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
goathead

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am

Yeah, when more people are abusing the program than ever used the program legitimately, it's time for "collective punishment" by shutting off the faucet. Claiming it's the program's fault for allowing loopholes works too, and the problem's been solved by ending the guest ticket program.

As for the timing, I agree it's absolutely a BLM issue. How those participants would be tallied were very much a part of the BLM permit negotiations and stipulations, that was only resolved about a month ago.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm

trilobyte wrote:Yeah, when more people are abusing the program than ever used the program legitimately, it's time for "collective punishment" by shutting off the faucet.

They should have just cut off the tribal's, Gerlachian's have their own Zip code, there was never a reason that anyone that lives over 70 miles from BM should be considered "locals"

Claiming it's the program's fault for allowing loopholes works too, and the problem's been solved by ending the guest ticket program.

Yeah, and now those Locals who have their own Family get together, at our big family git together can't, because the ticket mongers can't get it together.

And, many locals(gelachians) that I know were asking if they were gonna be getting the usual +2 before the sellout, they never got a definitive "no", so they just assumed they would get them, and now they are fucked, and can't even get STEP tickets because they didn't bother with the Lotto.

These are the same residents who actually had a voice(and a Vote!) back in the day when BM was just a puppy as to whether or not 'They" would allow it to happen again.
Year after year they voted yes(albeit narrowly a couple of times), and this is the thanks that they get?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby BBadger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Well times change, and the program was also abused to the point that it got terminated. Considering how many tickets are/were still available at the time of the decision, it wasn't ticket availability that was the main reason either. Plus, the actual residents still receive passes, only the guest, non-resident passes get the axe.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby goathead » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 pm

trilobyte wrote:Yeah, when more people are abusing the program than ever used the program legitimately, it's time for "collective punishment" by shutting off the faucet. Claiming it's the program's fault for allowing loopholes works too, and the problem's been solved by ending the guest ticket program.

Really?
You shouldn't have any problem backing that up.
After all we do keep track of the collection of every piece of moop picked up off the playa.
A few local guest tickets and how they where used shouldn't be any problem at all.

I am betting it is more of an issue that every year they change the way they handle us.
For a couple of years we All seemed like we knew what to expect, how, where, and when to do things.
BUT that didn't last, the last 4? years its been fucked up.

My guess would be that crimson and marian are tired of listening to the complaints.
more then any ticket reselling issue
but what do I know, i just live here
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

Eternal Theme
goathead

Postby goathead » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:01 pm

BBadger wrote:Well times change, and the program was also abused to the point that it got terminated. Considering how many tickets are/were still available at the time of the decision, it wasn't ticket availability that was the main reason either. Plus, the actual residents still receive passes, only the guest, non-resident passes get the axe.

badger let me invite you and all of your camp mates over for a beer, but your the only one I will serve.
maybe the bmorg should pull their heads out of their asses and come up for air
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

Eternal Theme
goathead

Postby goathead » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:03 pm

by the way trilo
heard this evening this change was decided upon last january.

thanks for the heads up assholes.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

Eternal Theme
goathead

Postby BBadger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 pm

goathead wrote:
BBadger wrote:Well times change, and the program was also abused to the point that it got terminated. Considering how many tickets are/were still available at the time of the decision, it wasn't ticket availability that was the main reason either. Plus, the actual residents still receive passes, only the guest, non-resident passes get the axe.

badger let me invite you and all of your camp mates over for a beer, but your the only one I will serve.
maybe the bmorg should pull their heads out of their asses and come up for air

That's not a great analogy. It's more like visiting a club that you used to be able to get you and your buddies in for free because you happened to be on the special guest list. Well now your name is still on the special guest list, but not your buddies' (or they can't enter with you); those friends have to wait in line like everyone else. Of course, the way BMOrg did it this year, it's like they only told you about this change after you reached the entrance, and now the line is too long for your buddies to get in.

So I do agree with you that this year's BMOrg repeated practice of changing policies late in the game is hugely problematic (e.g. the change from open sale to directed distribution; this guest pass policy change). People need advanced notice to change their plans, not have the rug pulled out from under them with no way to compensate.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Eggzactly!

I am personally scrambling my resources to help some of these folks who had the said rug jerked out from under them.

6 down, 2 more to go.

At one time, I was a "guest" myself, and can completely empathize with their unique situation.
oneeyeddick

Postby goathead » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 am

BBadger wrote:That's not a great analogy. It's more like visiting a club that you used to be able to get you and your buddies in for free because you happened to be on the special guest list. Well now your name is still on the special guest list, but not your buddies' (or they can't enter with you); those friends have to wait in line like everyone else. Of course, the way BMOrg did it this year, it's like they only told you about this change after you reached the entrance, and now the line is too long for your buddies to get in.

So I do agree with you that this year's BMOrg repeated practice of changing policies late in the game is hugely problematic (e.g. the change from open sale to directed distribution; this guest pass policy change). People need advanced notice to change their plans, not have the rug pulled out from under them with no way to compensate.

I think this is most of the problem right here, at least for me it is.
:D
For some its the funds, for me it just having the time to deal with it.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

Eternal Theme
goathead

Postby ZaphodBurner » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:22 pm

goathead wrote:Joshua is looking at it right, the bmorg fucked up ONE MORE
Maybe we should change this years theme from Fertility to Fertilizer
Shits just geting deeper
and the fuck ups just keep coming

wheres my popcorn?
waiting to see what they fuck up next.
:lol:

What a fantastic fucking entitlement-mentality attitude on display here. I bet you're a real peach to camp with. What's BRC going to do without you? You should stand out on the highway and tell everybody they're doing it wrong, but, the way I look at is is this:

The local natives had over 10,000 years to celebrate Burning Man in the Nevada desert, and chose not to. It's probably not worth getting all pissed off and abusive about. You'll feel substantially better when you get over yourself.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Foxfur » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 am

Reminds me of Star Trek.
"Trouble with Tribals"
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby goathead » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am

LMAO
I bet you're a real peach to camp with.

no more of a goat

You should stand out on the highway and tell everybody they're doing it wrong, but, the way I look at is is this:

Actually if I had the time off from work this sounds fun.

Reminds me of Star Trek.
"Trouble with Tribals"

maybe we need to be more like tribbels?
naaaa the coyotes would just eat us.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

Eternal Theme
goathead

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Foxfur wrote:Reminds me of Star Trek.
"Trouble with Tribals"

Oh, very good!

ImageImageImage

Like the Gerlach sign too.
gyre

Postby dj_john69 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Its about fucking time BMORG did this. Bravo !!
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Postby goathead » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 pm

I heard dj's were next
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

Eternal Theme
goathead

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:42 pm

You tease. :(
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Sput?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

I wrote an article for the Black Rock Gazette in 2005, I think, and I don't recall if it was published, but, basically, I researched the history of the lake back to the tribes who arrived around the same time as the extinction of the saber toothed cat and the woolly mammoth.

I'll have to dig it up and check my facts, but it was the Utes, I believe, who chased the Washoe into the mountains and would not allow them to keep horses.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby campfreak » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Have you talked to a tribe member? They are a poor people. I say let them scalp if they want to. It is legal in their state and they need money.
campfreak

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: freaks

Postby Tanzremix » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:54 pm

campfreak wrote:Have you talked to a tribe member? They are a poor people. I say let them scalp if they want to. It is legal in their state and they need money.

Oh please, double standards FTL.
Tanzremix

Postby some seeing eye » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm sure, well suspect, hope, whatever, that this has all been negotiated between the tribal elders and the org elders and everyone is A-OK.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Legal in nevada is not an argument regardless.

Scalping tickets is just too destructive, and not just here.
gyre

Postby lucky420 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:06 pm

you guys know there is "scalping" joke in here somewhere, right?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Life is SERIOUS BUSINESS, Lucky.
gyre

Postby lucky420 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 pm

yes gyre, but you can't take it with you so you might as well laugh and enjoy the ride :wink:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:12 pm

True
gyre

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion