Ticket pickup by multiple persons

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Ticket pickup by multiple persons

Postby gijs » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:49 pm

The ticket rules stipulate the following:
[i]For regular ticket purchases online a name change is allowed. BUT, the name change is for the entire order and cannot be split up into multiple names. If you need to give your will call tickets to multiple people, we suggest this: have the name changed to the person who is arriving to the event first and it will be that person's responsibility to place the other ticket(s) under their individual names at will call after they have retrieved their ticket. This can get messy so make sure you can trust the person who is picking up the tickets first. [/i]

Does this mean that the person picking up the ticket can split the ticket remaining order in multiple parts? For example: person A picks up the entire order of 4 tickets. He takes 1. He leaves 3 tickets. 2 of those are on the name of person B. 1 of those are on the name of person C. Is that correct?
Or should Person A take 1. Leave 3 on the name of person B. Person B takes 2. And leaves 1 on the name of person C?
gijs

Re: Ticket pickup by multiple persons

Postby Rice » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:07 pm

gijs wrote:The ticket rules stipulate the following:
For regular ticket purchases online a name change is allowed. BUT, the name change is for the entire order and cannot be split up into multiple names. If you need to give your will call tickets to multiple people, we suggest this: have the name changed to the person who is arriving to the event first and it will be that person's responsibility to place the other ticket(s) under their individual names at will call after they have retrieved their ticket. This can get messy so make sure you can trust the person who is picking up the tickets first.

Does this mean that the person picking up the ticket can split the ticket remaining order in multiple parts? For example: person A picks up the entire order of 4 tickets. He takes 1. He leaves 3 tickets. 2 of those are on the name of person B. 1 of those are on the name of person C. Is that correct?
Or should Person A take 1. Leave 3 on the name of person B. Person B takes 2. And leaves 1 on the name of person C?

Not exactly,

The person will pick up all of the tickets and it is their responsibility to give the tickets to the remaining people. Which translates to them meeting all of the people outside the gate.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Tanzremix » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:10 pm

stretch80 wrote:
For regular ticket purchases online a name change is allowed. BUT, the name change is for the entire order and cannot be split up into multiple names. If you need to give your will call tickets to multiple people, we suggest this: have the name changed to the person who is arriving to the event first and it will be that person's responsibility to place the other ticket(s) under their individual names at will call after they have retrieved their ticket. This can get messy so make sure you can trust the person who is picking up the tickets first.

Not exactly,

The person will pick up all of the tickets and it is their responsibility to give the tickets to the remaining people. Which translates to them meeting all of the people outside the gate.

It reads more like: the person picks them up, then puts the extras back into will call under the individual's names. Nowhere on the explanation does it read like you're implying. However, this sort of question is probably best directed directly to ticketing; I wouldn't depend on a message board to answer such an important question.
Tanzremix

Postby Rice » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Tanzremix wrote:
stretch80 wrote:

Not exactly,

It reads more like: the person picks them up, then puts the extras back into will call under the individual's names. Nowhere on the explanation does it read like you're implying. However, this sort of question is probably best directed directly to ticketing; I wouldn't depend on a message board to answer such an important question.

I re-read the blurb from the ticket FAQ and it looks like the first person picking up their ticket can place the other tickets back into will call under each individual's name.

Q: Can someone else pick up my Will Call tickets?
A: If your tickets were purchased through STEP or the Low Income Program, your order is NOT eligible for a name change.

For regular ticket purchases online a name change is allowed. BUT, the name change is for the entire order and cannot be split up into multiple names. If you need to give your will call tickets to multiple people, we suggest this: have the name changed to the person who is arriving to the event first and it will be that person's responsibility to place the other ticket(s) under their individual names at will call after they have retrieved their ticket. This can get messy so make sure you can trust the person who is picking up the tickets first. VERY IMPORTANT: When leaving tickets for people at the Box Office will call, names cannot be nicknames or incomplete names, they must be in our computer system under the first and last name as seen on the person's legal photo ID.

As stated above, Low Income Tickets and tickets bought through STEP are non-transferrable, which means no name changes can be made for these tickets.
extracted from: http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#pickup
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Yes, the person can leave the remaining tickets in different names. The person could also leave them in somebody else's name, or just keep them - so make sure it's a person that you trust (both to get there before the others and to follow your instructions).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Can a person say.. claim two tickets.. then leave BOTH tickets from someone else?
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby cowgirl » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Is it possible to have the STEP tickets mailed to my address instead of Will Call?

OR... picked up at BMHQ in SF?
cowgirl

Postby Savannah » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 pm

cowgirl wrote:Is it possible to have the STEP tickets mailed to my address instead of Will Call?

OR... picked up at BMHQ in SF?

Nope. All STEP tickets are Will Call-only (and must either be picked up, or sold back into STEP before August 7th).

They can be picked up on the playa by the person whose name is on the order. If a second person is not traveling with the first, the person with the name on the order can arrive first and put the second ticket in the other person's legal name.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby cowgirl » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:07 pm

bummer, ok then...

not selling my tickets back into the system so the original confirmation email is still good? or do i need to reconfirm?
cowgirl

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion