Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Postby Grokstar » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Since the first post on Monday (16th) I count 14+/- steppers receiving tickets and 7 +/- step tickets going back into the system.

Seems preeettty slow.

I think this must have something to do with the Theory of Relativity. Time slows down proportionately depending on how
high your timestamp number is.

Any other theories??

Grokaliciously.
Grokstar

Postby aknod » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:42 pm

[quote="Grokstar"]Since the first post on Monday (16th) I count 14+/- steppers receiving tickets and 7 +/- step tickets going back into the system.

Seems preeettty slow.

I think this must have something to do with the Theory of Relativity. Time slows down proportionately depending on how

Any other theories??

Grokaliciously.[/quote]
Hopefully it's like roaches: 100 more hidden in the walls for every one you actually see.
We needs bumper (or other) stickers!
http://stickerbus.blogspot.com
aknod

Postby moonwatcher » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Grokstar wrote:

Any other theories??

Grokaliciously.

I like your theory Grokstar!
There is a default world corollary when waiting in a checkout line: the closer you get to the checkout, the slower the people in front of you seem to move. Time dilatation, it's called. :D :D :D

Seriously, go back 2-3 days in the thread and re-read some of the posts from our venerable moderators. Read between the lines. They may speak in code words, but I think they speak the truth. STEP should no longer be your only option.
Good luck to you and all fellow STEPPERS!
Buy the ticket, take the ride!
moonwatcher

Postby calirobert » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:45 pm

:) :D :shock: :? :o :P :oops: :lol: :mrgreen: :roll: 8) :|
Hay STEP children hang IN there!!! Their is room on the bus :!: :!: :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
calirobert

Postby pwornama » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Eric wrote:
pwornama wrote:I believe in the timestamp and for what it is worth I believe the signs do not point to all 1000 being released last Sunday. The math does not seem to add up. Believe in the timestamp. I hope tickets come to all of you one way or another.

In all honestly, Trilo is at BMHQ at least once a week, and is the admin for the ePlaya. He hasn't given out false information in the past, and if he doesn't start it "my guess is", I for one take it as solid information- much more solid than pure speculative "math" based on guesswork. If he says that they've all been released, they've all been released. Just remember a ticket that doesn't get purchased in the first wave still sits for 72 hours, then it goes into the second wave where it can sit for another 72 hours, then the 3rd wave, and so on. Not everyone is buying the tickets offered, but they still have to sit for the 72 hour window each time.

Sorry to toss a dose of reality into the picture, but it needs to be there. The flip side is that a friend of mine just found out a few days ago that he's able to attend this year but didn't have a ticket. Using his network of friends he was able to find a second-tier one today. There are more tickets becoming available in the community so don't give up hope yet, just don't only rely on STEP.

Fair enough Eric, speculation on my part.
Pwornama
pwornama

Burning Since: 2011

Postby TheRedOne » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:07 am

My time stamp was 12:28. Notice of two tickets was send Wednesday morning. Opened the link last night and purchased (2) $240 tickets. I couldn't be more delighted. They will go to my daughter and her husband as I already have my ticket. The lower tier tickets will be a huge help to them.
TheRedOne

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Brain Freeze Camp

Postby Tanzremix » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 am

TheRedOne wrote:My time stamp was 12:28. Notice of two tickets was send Wednesday morning. Opened the link last night and purchased (2) $240 tickets. I couldn't be more delighted. They will go to my daughter and her husband as I already have my ticket. The lower tier tickets will be a huge help to them.

12:28 or 12:18? 12:28 implies they've cleared just about the whole line...
Tanzremix

Postby The Lioness » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:06 am

There is hope. At 3:20 this morning I received my BM e-mail, I just purchased my STEP tickets 2 @ $320. My time stamp was 12:19 :D
Hang in there and we'll all be home on the playa soon
Lioness
The Lioness

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Grokstar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 am

Congrats to the Red One. And very cool to get the lower tier pricing.

still waiting at 12:20:04 here.

I'm guessing the 12:28 is a misread of the original time stamp numbers as they can be pretty confusing.

Good to see a 12:19 arrive after a couple of slow days.

Exhaling slowly.
Grokstar

Postby Savannah » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:52 am

TheRedOne wrote:My time stamp was 12:28. Notice of two tickets was send Wednesday morning. Opened the link last night and purchased (2) $240 tickets. I couldn't be more delighted. They will go to my daughter and her husband as I already have my ticket. The lower tier tickets will be a huge help to them.

Congratulations, TheRedOne!

If you're all arriving together, this is perfect. If you're arriving separately--and pardon me if you know this--give your current ticket to your daughter now, and then get to Will Call before they do. If the STEP purchase is in your name, you have to pick up the tickets. (STEP purchases are non-transferrable). One ticket is for you, the other you can put into your son-in-law's name.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby Canoe » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Then, in theory, if enough people pass on their STEP queue position and tickets offered to them, the STEP queue could be empty and then opened for more people to signup for any unwanted tickets that may be submitted into STEP?
*** http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ ***
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”
Canoe

Postby TheRedOne » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm

The date below the subject line on the top of the page clearly states 3/2/2012 12:28:49 PM PST

However, the date within the body of the letter is 3/2/2012 12:22:49

Feel free to select which date pleases you. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high so the 12:28 seemed a better choice as it was at the top of the letter.

TRO
TheRedOne

Camp Name: Brain Freeze Camp

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Canoe wrote:Then, in theory, if enough people pass on their STEP queue position and tickets offered to them, the STEP queue could be empty and then opened for more people to signup for any unwanted tickets that may be submitted into STEP?

STEP closes in about 2 1/5 weeks (Aug 7), my guess is that it's not going to re-open at this point unless a large qty of tickets appears (since the 1,000 obviously didn't clear the queue, "large" is a bigger number than we think it is. Remember- the 2,000ish names in STEP originally means 4,000ish people waiting for tickets). I wouldn't place any bets on a re-opening of it.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby 7chix&me » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:07 pm

WooHoo!!
I haven't posted here in a while, but I have been faithfully following the march (or crawl) of the timestamps. I am so happy every time I see people getting their tickets -- congratulations to you all! And now I will be able to join you all in the dust! My husband's cousin found us two tickets. I was so happy i was jumping up and down and crying!
So if and when I get a ticket offer from STEP it will go right back into the pool.
Hallelujah!!

12:21
7chix&me

Postby Grokstar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 am

Thanks 7chicks&me.
Hope to meet you at some random bar and find out we are timestamp brethren.
Grokstar

Postby chickenziggy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:35 am

Hello Fellow STEP brothers and sisters,
I have been offered tickets from my ex wife who will not be attending now. I was able to purchase two tickets through STEP last week (12:17).
I sent an email and got a confirmation of receipt from orders@burningman requesting info on how to sell the STEP tickets back. Thats been 4 days now and no info has been sent as of yet.
I could very easily sell the tickets I have in hand and use the STEP tickets but would prefer to send the steppers back to you guys. Hopefully someone will contact me on how to proceed and two more STEP children can get dusty.
Keep the Faith!
chickenziggy

Postby Grokstar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks Chickenziggy for caring about us fellow steppers.

I hope you'll keep trying.

Hoping for another flurry of activity soon......its been dead here for several days.

Sweet Playa Dreams.
Grokstar

Postby Psycho » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:55 am

YES! (yes, yes, yes, yes!!! 8) )

Got my Email this morning (at 1:10am actually, and I didn't even notice it until now)... I can now breathe... My biggest fear was that I'd get the Email on day 1 of a 3-4 day trip of no/limited Email access.

Timestamp: 12:19:55
Have hope everyone, tickets my be flowing slowly, but they are flowing!

See ya there!
Psycho

Postby calirobert » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 pm

:D :) 8) :lol:
Psycho congratulations on your tix! this is cutting it close nearing the end of STEP
calirobert

Postby offarock » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:21 pm

I got a DD ticket thru on playa work and was never in the STEP queue.

Yet I still follow this thread daily and keep rooting for those in STEP get the tickets they need. It's like watching a gameshow. I can't help it.

Cant wait to see a 12:21!!!
This signature left intentionally blank.
offarock

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Silicon Village - Squirreltopia

Postby Savannah » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Congratulations to 7Chix, Chickenziggy and Psycho! :mrgreen:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby Grokstar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Psycho wrote:YES! (yes, yes, yes, yes!!! 8) )

Got my Email this morning (at 1:10am actually, and I didn't even notice it until now)... I can now breathe... My biggest fear was that I'd get the Email on day 1 of a 3-4 day trip of no/limited Email access.

Timestamp: 12:19:55
Have hope everyone, tickets my be flowing slowly, but they are flowing!

See ya there!

You just made my 12:20:04 heart start beating faster...........Whoo Hoo!

And thanks Offarock for the encouragement and enjoying this roller coaster ride with us!
Grokstar

Postby Bounce530 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Grokstar, I have a step email that will expire tomorrow morning.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby fritz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:37 pm

offarock wrote:It's like watching a gameshow. I can't help it.

Absolutely! Everyone, including myself, reacts like this to getting a STEP ticket. :lol:

fritz

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Grokstar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Bounce530 wrote:Grokstar, I have a step email that will expire tomorrow morning.

Thanks Bounce530!

Maybe that will be the magic one!

Love your pic by the way. Wanna tell us the story of how it came about while we are waiting here?
Grokstar

Postby Bounce530 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:05 pm

I had the idea of wanting a Burning Man tattoo with the man and map somehow combined, but I could never get it just right. Then two years ago I was at the Burners without Borders camp where they were doing screen printing. I told the guy that was doing the screen printing my idea, and he pulled out two different screens and made a tee shirt with the design, and there it was. The design I had been trying to get just right for awhile came to me while at the burn. Then in January of 2010 I took the shirt with the design a semi-local tattoo shop and showed the artist what I wanted. He wasn't all that interested in the design, and said he'd put something together by his own research, we scheduled an appt for the next week. When I returned for the appt. I was so surprised that he had come up with the same design and how big it was going to be for the quoted price. Then an hour later bam! the tattoo of the man and the map that I had been visualizing for a couple years was finally on my arm.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby Grokstar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Hey Bounce ....Thanks.

That was great.

I'll look forward to seeing it in person somewhere on the playa.
Grokstar

Postby MacGlenver » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 pm

A friend of mine that we talked into going got her STEP offer 2 days ago, but has now decided to let it pass cause she doesnt think Bman is for her. Her loss is your gain! I'll tell her to explicitly decline it so it gets back in the pool for you hungry dogs :).

See you in the dust.
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Postby Arnoldo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Congrats and good luck to all!!!!
Bless up
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...
Arnoldo

Postby Dust2010 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:38 pm

I must admit I have not been following the full feed that has gone on here over the past months. So I guess I will sound dumb. But how does this time stamp thing work? If it was explained on here some place could I get a hit as to where I can read it because I really do not have the time to go back and read everything. Thank you :)
I did get an e-mail saying I was added to the WANT list. It came to my Yahoo account at 12:23. Also is there an address I can add to my contact list so it does not end up in spam? I think I saved the right one but I want to double check.
Dust2010

Burning Since: 2010

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion