first timer w/ 2tix needs friends and a camp

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

first timer w/ 2tix needs friends and a camp

Postby firstburn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm

hi...i'm a first time hopeful burner with two tickets but no camp or friend to go with. i'd love to join a group of really nice people (from la) who would be willing to take me in. i'm a mid-thirties female, pretty normal (a lil on the shy side) but totally open-minded and fun. i've been going to a lot of music festivals and burner type events and have been sucked in to the atmospere of it all. i'd probably not be too comfortabe at the nudist camp and would prefer to sleep in an RV (i know i know) but besides that i'm pretty open :)

if you need a ticket and have a camp, are friendly and kind, email me.
Burning Since: 2012

Re: first timer w/ 2tix needs friends and a camp

Postby Ano » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:46 pm

The nudist camp? There's a centralized nudist camp?

Either way, welcome to E-playa, you're about to have hundreds of requests for people looking for your ticket, and getting an RV this late into the game might be tough... But, welcome!
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm moving this over to the theme camps board since it's a better fit. If you'd like to circle on back to the greeter's station and post a straight-up introduction you're more than welcome (and encouraged to do so).

Welcome aboard! If you haven't already done so, MAKE SURE you read the survival guide and first timer's guide. Burning Man is a very different thing than many other festivals (harsh climate, etc), and you want to make sure you're prepared. Then take a look around at either the published list of theme camps or the assorted camps who've posted something on here and reach out to those who seem to be doing something you're interested in. If you're looking to camp in an RV you probably should have made your reservation months and months ago, if not get cracking on doing the legwork to find something, or find somebody who's looking to share an RV rental they've got (check in the Share Resources board for that). Good luck!
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Well so much for asking to see her tits...
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:22 pm

You might want to post what kind of rv you're bringing.

There's usually a few people from L.A.

Return to 2012 Theme Camps