Will Call Times?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Will Call Times?

Postby Ulix » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 am

Hey,

as 2nd time burner from Austria I got no choice but Will Call; but: when does it open? according to FAQ it opens on Monday, Aug 27th. Gates open Sunday 6pm (JRS mail), according to some eplaya posts, Will Call opens Wednesday before Gates. *confused*.

so: how long are lines at Will Call normally? and where exactly is Will Call? what's the fastest way to get in?

thanx
cya Uli
Ulix

Re: Will Call Times?

Postby lemur » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:11 am

box office is open 24 hours a day starting wednesday aug 22 at noon until sept 1st at noon.

lines ..unknown... i believe there are changes in staffing/size this year.. cant really compare with the past

will call is usually on the left side on gate road.. a few miles from the pavement.. youll turn off in to the little lot and go up to the box office..

the fastest way to get in is to show up in Gerlach to wait in the gate line no earlier than 6PM on Sunday.. and to not get out of your car until youre in the will call/box office lot ..... and to follow all instructions by gate staff.

have your ID/documentation/whatever else you need on hand and ready to go..

consider that the gate crew will want to search your vehicle for stowaways when you pack.. make sure its easy to search through it.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 am

lemur wrote:will call is usually on the left side on gate road.. a few miles from the pavement.. youll turn off in to the little lot and go up to the box office..

What lemur said. You'll see signs for will call as you get closer to gate. Some years it's on the left.. some on the right. You'll find out as you get closer.

When you park in the will call lot, please don't be a dick and box anyone in with how you park! It's a constant flow of people in and out with only one way to get in and out. I saw many people last year pulling up all excited and not realizing that they were totally blocking people and creating a giant clusterfuck until they came back out with their tickets.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby DrYes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:59 am

Ulix wrote:Hey,

as 2nd time burner from Austria I got no choice but Will Call; but: when does it open? according to FAQ it opens on Monday, Aug 27th. Gates open Sunday 6pm (JRS mail), according to some eplaya posts, Will Call opens Wednesday before Gates. *confused*.

Is your confusion is over the difference in when Will Call opens vs. when the gates open?

Will Call opens before the gates, but you can't get through the gates to get to Will Call until Sunday at 6 pm unless you have an early entry pass.
Burning Man 2013 video || Burning Man 2013 photos
Burning Man 2012 video
Burning Man 2011 video

"We'll never leave, look at us now, so in love with the way we are."
DrYes

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Tasty Bits (w/ the Stimulus Tree)

Postby Ulix » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 am

yesss, thank you! ok, so entering at 6pm Sunday, NOT before, and then going on directly to Will Call.. thx!
Ulix

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:49 am

Well, getting into the line at 6pm Sunday, heading to will call, and then proceeding to the gate. After that, greeter's station. Then you enter ;)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Clar-i-ty » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:01 am

lemur wrote:box office is open 24 hours a day starting wednesday aug 22 at noon until sept 1st at noon.

lines ..unknown... i believe there are changes in staffing/size this year.. cant really compare with the past

will call is usually on the left side on gate road.. a few miles from the pavement.. youll turn off in to the little lot and go up to the box office..

the fastest way to get in is to show up in Gerlach to wait in the gate line no earlier than 6PM on Sunday.. and to not get out of your car until youre in the will call/box office lot ..... and to follow all instructions by gate staff.

have your ID/documentation/whatever else you need on hand and ready to go..

consider that the gate crew will want to search your vehicle for stowaways when you pack.. make sure its easy to search through it.

Lemur, you're so sexy when you do that.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:26 am

trilobyte wrote:Well, getting into the line at 6pm Sunday, heading to will call, and then proceeding to the gate. After that, greeter's station. Then you enter ;)

Then you find your camp or a camping spot, then you evaulate if it's a good time to put up your camp or if you should rest...

...then you drive home.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion