Spiritual, Awakening, Meditation, etc. Camps?

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Spiritual, Awakening, Meditation, etc. Camps?

Postby tara » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 am

Greetings All...

This year will be my first time participating in the Burning Man experience. I would love to know if there are any Camps you could to recommend me to visit, that involve the likes of Spirituality, Meditation, Breathwork, Healing Modalities, Yoga, Awakening, 2012, Positive Affirmations, Positive Action in the World, Innovative Thinking, Raw/Vegan/Veggie Discussions, Belly Dancing (or any kind of dance), Drumming, Hooping, Body Painting (something I am thinking of doing), etc. Without putting any expectation on the experience, I would like to participate in activities for personal growth and awareness as well as health and well being, love, creativity and community. However, the door does not close there. I do feel that once there I will be lead to the places I need to be and experience what I need to. Yet I would still love any directions you would like to point me in.

You are appreciated. Thank you! :)
"We all shine on....like the moon, and the stars, and the sun." xo
tara

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Re: Spiritual, Awakening, Meditation, etc. Camps?

Postby lemur » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

every even numbered day during the event there is a group that sets up a temporary spot out in the deep playa at 12oclock on the dial..like 2 miles out.. they have shade and drummers..and its far away from the dance music... you can get your chakra cleansed.. 4pm daily.

bring water.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 am

If you truely want no expectations, I recommend riding your bike throughout the streets of the city and just walk into camps that look interesting. It can be very fun and you will definetly have your expectaions blown.

Other than that, look through the WWW.
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 am

You may care to either read through the list of registered theme camps or peruse the threads on this very board.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Savannah » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:43 am

Tara, it might be hard to find a theme camp that doesn't have one of those things going on at one time or another. :) The city is chock full of it.

The "WWW" that Thisisthatwhichis has mentioned is the "What/When/Where" guide, and you will be given one of those little books at Greeter's (not Gate, which is first--where they take your ticket, and search your car). I like to go through the "What/When/Where" guide as soon as I get it, circling events with a pen, starting with "One-Time-Events", then "Repeating Events". Then of course, I end up looking for maybe 1 or 2 of the several dozen things I circle, and maybe find . . . one? Geography and start times are fluid things.

You will find a lot of the stuff you're interested in just by chance, plus a whole bunch of stuff you didn't expect.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby tara » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 am

lemur wrote:every even numbered day during the event there is a group that sets up a temporary spot out in the deep playa at 12oclock on the dial..like 2 miles out.. they have shade and drummers..and its far away from the dance music... you can get your chakra cleansed.. 4pm daily.

bring water.

Thank you, that sounds lovely!! :D

thisisthatwhichis wrote:If you truely want no expectations, I recommend riding your bike throughout the streets of the city and just walk into camps that look interesting. It can be very fun and you will definetly have your expectaions blown.

Other than that, look through the WWW.

Yeah, I'll most likely wander a lot. Wanted to see what popped up in this post too. Thank you!

trilobyte wrote:You may care to either read through the list of registered theme camps or peruse the threads on this very board.

I had done that some a while ago and only found one camp at that time. So I wanted to see what I could gather by asking instead. I'll keep browsing though. I seem to find things a little bit of everywhere...this site, the FB page, on the www, youtube... Right now I'm playing off of, "ask and you shall receive." Thank you trilobyte!
tara

Postby tara » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:52 am

Savannah wrote:Tara, it might be hard to find a theme camp that doesn't have one of those things going on at one time or another. :) The city is chock full of it.

The "WWW" that Thisisthatwhichis has mentioned is the "What/When/Where" guide, and you will be given one of those little books at Greeter's (not Gate, which is first--where they take your ticket, and search your car). I like to go through the "What/When/Where" guide as soon as I get it, circling events with a pen, starting with "One-Time-Events", then "Repeating Events". Then of course, I end up looking for maybe 1 or 2 of the several dozen things I circle, and maybe find . . . one? Geography and start times are fluid things.

You will find a lot of the stuff you're interested in just by chance, plus a whole bunch of stuff you didn't expect.

Ahhhh, well THIS is perfect! Thank you so much, Savannah! :D Hehe, I like what you said about finding it hard not to find those things.
tara

Postby beaneumann » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 pm

You should look into Sacred Spaces Village http://sacredspacesvillage.org/
beaneumann

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp Glamazon

Postby huggima » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Chakralicious Camp! We have a vegan and raw meal plan, tons of spiritual offerings, healers, educators, visionaries, lots of workshops, live music, dance parties, a human size Candyland/Chakraland game, a sound portal art installation, and most importantly, tons of FUN, HUMOR, and COMMUNITY!

www.chakraliciouscamp.org
huggima

Postby tara » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:08 am

beaneumann wrote:You should look into Sacred Spaces Village http://sacredspacesvillage.org/

Thank you beaneumann! :D I actually looked into your camp before, as one to camp with. I think I'm going to go with a local one now, because of finances. I will def be making some trips to hang with all of you. Thank you for offering such a wonderful array of lovely awesomeness! I will shine some of my awesomeness whist there! :)

huggima wrote:Chakralicious Camp! We have a vegan and raw meal plan, tons of spiritual offerings, healers, educators, visionaries, lots of workshops, live music, dance parties, a human size Candyland/Chakraland game, a sound portal art installation, and most importantly, tons of FUN, HUMOR, and COMMUNITY!

http://www.chakraliciouscamp.org

Ooooooh! That sounds amazing!!! Thank you huggima! I had not stumbled upon your info previously. Thank you for responding. I look forward to meeting all of you!!! YAY!!! :D
tara

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 am

I'm happy and a little surprised that this thread has remained snark-free. :)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby huggima » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:26 am

Goody!
huggima

Postby FeetOfClay » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 am

check out Camp Contact. i am even teaching a workshop there! (on Butoh)
What is this quintessence of dust?
FeetOfClay

Camp Name: Anonymous Village

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:08 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:I'm happy and a little surprised that this thread has remained snark-free. :)

Even I don't want to be first...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 pm

NFW....

it's either too easy or it's bait, either way it's smells funny.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Like clown urine, yeah, I know.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Whither are we drifting?
gyre

Postby Master » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 am

huggima wrote:Chakralicious Camp! We have a vegan and raw meal plan, tons of spiritual offerings, healers, educators, visionaries, lots of workshops, live music, dance parties, a human size Candyland/Chakraland game, a sound portal art installation, and most importantly, tons of FUN, HUMOR, and COMMUNITY!

http://www.chakraliciouscamp.org

Hi just jumping in, Chakralicious looks like a lovely place to visit. I will make sure to also come by and say hello.

Oh and hi Tara, first time burner too, hope we bump into each other on the playa sometime! :P
Think before you BURN!
Master

Camp Name: Camp Envy since 2009

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:09 am

oh boy....someone who calls himself "MASTER"...

Here, let me introduce you to the original Poster, her real name is "Baiter"...

some master you are, unable to tell the real from the illusion.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Return to 2012 Theme Camps