We are some DJs from Seattle lookin for a venue to play loud

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

We are some DJs from Seattle lookin for a venue to play loud

Postby theduskah » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Greetings,
I'm half of the duo Ohm Wrecker, and we are starting to compile our sets for the burn this year! We produce midtempo glitch, drumstep, moombahton, and pretty much any type of west coast sexy bass music! We would love to play on your art car! (Art car sets are always the most fun) You can check us out at http://ohmwreckermusic.com on soundcloud at http://soundcloud.com/ohm_wrecker if you think we'd be a good fit hit me up at jon@ohmwreckermusic.com. You can also check out my solo 808 infused bass project at http://soundcloud.com/humpfree-lowgart. We also team up with Pressha to bring you a 3 by 4 if you're into that and have enough space! We go by Slumber Party. Thanks a bunch and I look forward to hearing from you!
-Jon
Yo people! Check out soundcloud.com/dubble_penetration for some free tunes and things! Thanks!
theduskah

Re: We are some DJs from Seattle lookin for a venue to play

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm

im afraid the "DJ Translate" is currently beta on Google Translate and not available to all, you may want to rephrase this in english.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Joshua! » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Is it because you can't play loud @ Critical Massive?
Joshua!

Camp Name: Gigsville

Postby Stickygreen » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Joshua! wrote:Is it because you can't play loud @ Critical Massive?

ouch, that's gotta hurt!
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby ygmir » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 pm

I was hoping BRC would get a new DJ one day......I hope you get a gig that other guy was lousy.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Elorrum » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:09 pm

If Simon says we've reached a tipping point, we've reached a tipping point. Ohm wreckers, Is there another reason in addition to being super wonderful and loud and all, that you'd like to come to Burning Man? Think hard. I guess this is my informal survey to see how far afield we have gone.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:18 pm

I'd like to meet a sexy west coast bass...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LoY3jcNgiA0/TNM7TkRbkCI/AAAAAAAABWI/oDmUhRN8NAg/s1600/IMAG0563.jpg

Ahem. That's not what I meant...
Much better, thank you

it's not like I'm a cannibal or anything...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby EspressoDude » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 pm

sounds like he wants to turn the volume knob up on someone else's sound system to play someone else's "music". name like ohm wrecker sounds like blown out speakers in the very near future :roll:
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby Drawingablank » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Al I can see is that if Simon don't understand his "DJ speak" - really who will?
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Theres Always One » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 pm

theduskah wrote:Greetings,
I'm half of the duo Ohm Wrecker, and we are starting to compile our sets for the burn this year! We produce midtempo glitch, drumstep, moombahton, and pretty much any type of west coast sexy bass music! We would love to play on your art car! (Art car sets are always the most fun) You can check us out at http://ohmwreckermusic.com on soundcloud at http://soundcloud.com/ohm_wrecker if you think we'd be a good fit hit me up at jon@ohmwreckermusic.com. You can also check out my solo 808 infused bass project at http://soundcloud.com/humpfree-lowgart. We also team up with Pressha to bring you a 3 by 4 if you're into that and have enough space! We go by Slumber Party. Thanks a bunch and I look forward to hearing from you!
-Jon

Simon of the Playa wrote:im afraid the "DJ Translate" is currently beta on Google Translate and not available to all, you may want to rephrase this in english.

Drawingablank wrote:Al I can see is that if Simon don't understand his "DJ speak" - really who will?

He said,

"Greetings,
I'm Jon. I'm a DJ. Sometimes I DJ with another DJ at the same time and we like to be called Ohm Wrecker. We are starting to put together a collection of songs-especially for the burn-that we will play in an order determined by us. We like to play music that sounds like dubstep but we swear, it isn't. Sometimes our "dubstep" is slowed down. Sometimes it sound's like we're playing a rap song playing off a scratched CD that won't stop skipping. Sometimes we play dubstep with extra drums in it. Sometimes we play dubstep that sounds like it came from a Brazilian radio station broadcasting from the depths of hell. And, sometimes we like to pretend it's not dubstep and call it sexy bass music. We like to play on art cars. Art cars are always fun! Here is our website http://ohmwreckermusic.com and here is our music page http://soundcloud.com/ohm_wrecker for you to get a feel for the music we like to play. You can also check out this other thing I do where I use a musical instrument called a Roland TR-808 to make more dubstep sounding music. http://soundcloud.com/humpfree-lowgart And, last but not least, I sometimes like to DJ with my partner DJ, and a THIRD! DJ, called Pressha, all at the same time. When the three of us all DJ at the same time we like to be called Slumber Party. But we can only do it if you have enough space in the dj booth. Sorry! :( Thanks a bunch and I look forward to hearing from you!"
Theres Always One

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am

You need to hoof up with one of these fine artists:

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Undecided » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:57 pm

You guys are mean, but I laughed :)
Chris (Undecided) | 2011 Dusty B'Owl | 2012 Sparklepony Express | Soundcloud
Undecided

Burning Since: 2011

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Undecided wrote:You guys are mean, but I laughed :)

Welcome to eplaya.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Undecided » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Truth.
Chris (Undecided) | 2011 Dusty B'Owl | 2012 Sparklepony Express | Soundcloud
Undecided

Burning Since: 2011

Postby SnowBlind » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:49 am

I like how the translation preserves the lack of paragraphs. Score one for authenticity.
SnowBlind

Postby alex_ » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 am

THERE DOES NOT NEED TO BE MORE FUCKING DUBSTEP SHIT MUSIC ON THE FUCKING PLAYA!!!
ESPECIALLY NOT FUCKING MOOMBAHTON FFS
THERE IS NOTHING FUCKING SEXY ABOUT SHITTY FARTSOUNDING MIDRANGE BASSLINES BLASTING THROUGH FUCKING SPEAKERS.

-.-
alex_

Camp Name: This one place on the esplanade

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:08 am

Well, I see our newest member has discovered the "caps lock" button. Apparently the "I can cuss like a big boy" button as well.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby alex_ » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:17 am

Eric wrote:Well, I see our newest member has discovered the "caps lock" button. Apparently the "I can cuss like a big boy" button as well.

:oops:

Caught red handed :X

But really does there need to be more dubstep on the playa :( it was an epic mission to get away from dubstep last year at night and actually discover music camps that weren't playing dubstep :/
alex_

Camp Name: This one place on the esplanade

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:29 am

I've worked at dance clubs since the 90's - French House, techno-whatever, dub-drip-drop, bzzzl-beep; basically whatever is current & draws in customers. One thing I've learned is to just let the music I don't like be background noise (luckily this does not include my current place of employment- I love a good mashup!), which is how I approach the bad EDM on the playa in its many forms (also that nasty 90's metal camp I went by...). By focusing on how much you hate it you just make it more insufferable to yourself. It's actually reached the point for me where the sound of techno in the distance is the sound of Burning Man, and while I'm not a huge dubstep fan I have actually heard good stuff.

The only time the music has made me want to kill someone was the fucko's who left the same damn oontz-oontz-oontz track on for hours in the middle of the city years ago. If I hadn't been rolled up in someones arms I would have hunted them down.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:57 am

+10 to what Eric said. Having played a zillion gigs and produced loads of events over the years, I've learned to get zen about it. Don't like what you hear? Let it drift into the background and keep moving, you'll soon find something that's more your style or end up chasing after some art car that just passed you by playing something truly mind-blowing. I wouldn't want people dumping on tracks or dismissing entire genres that I'm into, so I try not to do it to them.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Lonesomebri » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 am

What is the ratio in your musical performance between lightly touching your ear piece while your head is slightly cocked, and you touching the knobs on the electronics that are actually playing the music? I'm trying to figure out which DJ style I'm more into.
Lonesomebri

Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Ohm Wrecker is looking to wreck some ohms!

Postby theduskah » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Greetings burners!
My partner Will and I are a couple of Seattle based music producers that are looking for places to drop some new tunes on the playa this year! Check us out at http://ohmwreckermusic.com. We already have some sets lined up but we're always looking to add some more. Currently we have some tunes out on Tycho Records with a few more coming in August, as well as, a few free tunes and mixes on our soundcloud. You can find those at http://soundcloud.com/ohm_wrecker or http://soundcloud.com/humpfree-lowgart. If you would like to book us for a slot (which we would totally appreciate) please contact my via personal message or via email at jon@ohmwreckermusic.com. We look forward to partying with you all in the desert yet again and hopefully we can play you some tunes! Thanks.
-Jon
Yo people! Check out soundcloud.com/dubble_penetration for some free tunes and things! Thanks!
theduskah

Postby theduskah » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Wow that's quite a bit of hate! Honestly if you don't like the music instead of hating just move on. I think I'm gonna try something different this year though and just play all tunes from In Flames.... Let's get metal about it.... We do play other people's music but we also play our own. What can I say pushing play is fun, but pushing play and flailing about is not what we do. We actually mix music together and do some live instrumentation, drumming, and so on.
theduskah

Postby theduskah » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:46 pm

ALSO, another reason I come to the burn is to meet some interesting people and see what kind of creative things people construct and bring out to the desert. So it's not just to listen to "shitty dubstep music," take drugs, and get drunk.
theduskah

Return to 2012 Art & Performance