Will call fireball.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Will call fireball.

Postby fritz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Receiving a fireball with my ticket is a crucial component of my burn. I was lucky enough to receive a ticket through STEP, but now I am concerned that I will not receive a fireball. Will there be one waiting at will call? If not, how do I artificially recreate the joy of receiving free candy?
fritz

Burning Since: 2009

Re: Will call fireball.

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Maybe the greeters will organize a "candy shift" when they gift all entries with candy. Or try, some of us crusty old burners can get a little... well, crusty. If so, arrange to come through then.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Good idea! The dirty hippie who owns this vehicle might be able to help:

When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 pm

He better line the letters with el wire if he wants to get a night license.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby fritz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 pm

That's what I am talking about! I would feel the great joy I am looking for if I got a ride in that van.
fritz

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Fritz, why don't you come down to the ePlaya meet 'n' greet? There will be plenty of people there with hot (dusty, sweaty) balls, and I'm sure they'd be happy to let you suck on them.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby lucky420 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Wow cat, that's quite an invite you put out there....ewwwwwwww :lol: :lol:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby moonrise » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm

I don't like the look of that van, man :shock: It seems candy would be the last of your worries...there's always an alternative. Think man, think!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby wh..sh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

*shudder* I hope I am nowhere around when this happens.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby wh..sh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:59 pm

moonrise wrote:there's always an alternative. Think man, think!

I still have the lemon ball I received with my tickets. Fritz, I can give that to you, but I will make you do things.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 pm

I don't think they do candy at the box office, plus this year they migrated over to lemonheads. The meet n greet should also be a lot of fun, it's also a potluck so you could bring something to share (get a bulk order of fireballs to share with others who came through STEP or just miss the candy from years gone by). Of course, there's no telling where a line like "hey baby, wanna suck on one of my fireballs?" will get you… :mrgreen:
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:06 pm

They should have replaced the fireballs with "bit-o-honey"s

Then again, with the heat waves all over the country, imagine the sticky gooey mess the inside of the envelope would be if it sat in a hot mail box for any amount of time...It would look like the back of Doc's RV! :lol:
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:10 pm

:oops:
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby fritz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:14 pm

It sounds like a toss up between the van and meet and greet as to where I am more likely to be molested. :lol: I hope to attend the meet and greet and maybe find the van too.
fritz

Postby vargaso » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

trilobyte wrote:I don't think they do candy at the box office, plus this year they migrated over to lemonheads. The meet n greet should also be a lot of fun, it's also a potluck so you could bring something to share (get a bulk order of fireballs to share with others who came through STEP or just miss the candy from years gone by). Of course, there's no telling where a line like "hey baby, wanna suck on one of my fireballs?" will get you… :mrgreen:

I'm totally stealing that bulk fireball idea, Trilo. Depending on my mood from day to day, I'll credit you.
vargaso

Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby VultureChow » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:48 pm

vargaso wrote:
trilobyte wrote:I don't think they do candy at the box office, plus this year they migrated over to lemonheads. The meet n greet should also be a lot of fun, it's also a potluck so you could bring something to share (get a bulk order of fireballs to share with others who came through STEP or just miss the candy from years gone by). Of course, there's no telling where a line like "hey baby, wanna suck on one of my fireballs?" will get you… :mrgreen:

I'm totally stealing that bulk fireball idea, Trilo. Depending on my mood from day to day, I'll credit you.

Great minds, and all that. I went to retro candy to see if they had them. Then I saw the candy cigarettes and thought how much fun it would be to dress up like one of those waitress type girls who went around with the box offering "Cigars? Cigarettes?" at the meet and greet. But use the candy cigarettes and bubblegum cigars. Then I thought I'm too much of a fatass to pull of the costume. Then I said fuckitall and started looking for a pillbox hat.

I have ADD.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm

VultureChow wrote:
vargaso wrote:

Great minds, and all that. I went to retro candy to see if they had them. Then I saw the candy cigarettes and thought how much fun it would be to dress up like one of those waitress type girls who went around with the box offering "Cigars? Cigarettes?" at the meet and greet. But use the candy cigarettes and bubblegum cigars. Then I thought I'm too much of a fatass to pull of the costume. Then I said fuckitall and started looking for a pillbox hat.

I have ADD.

Another win for ADD! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Nipple » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:08 pm

*Pouring an Atomic Fire Ball out for my homie*

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8376&p=797225#p797225
Nipple

Postby mgb327 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Well, I have about 1000 or (many) more Hello Kitty suckers, the authentic ones from Japan. The real ones. I will bring a few hundred to the M&G. On the bag it says "I just want to stay with you in this moment forever". Lost in translation. FREE CANDY!...BTW, I still have my Atomic Fireball they sent me last year, just can't seem to want to just "eat it".
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:26 pm

I'd advise you to watch out for Foxfur trying to get more than his fair share of those stickers...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Elliot » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Along my east fence grow a couple of grape vines; seedless Black Champagne grapes that are fabulously sweet and tasty. They generally ripen in August. Two or three years ago I brought a couple of grocery bags full of them to BRC. In Reno I picked up two burners who needed to stop at Will Call. Long line of people, and even more people waiting for their friends in the line. By the time my passengers collected their tickets, all the grapes were gone. Just saying. It doesn't absolutely have to be candy, does it? :D
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Elliot wrote:Along my east fence grow a couple of grape vines; seedless Black Champagne grapes that are fabulously sweet and tasty. They generally ripen in August. Two or three years ago I brought a couple of grocery bags full of them to BRC. In Reno I picked up two burners who needed to stop at Will Call. Long line of people, and even more people waiting for their friends in the line. By the time my passengers collected their tickets, all the grapes were gone. Just saying. It doesn't absolutely have to be candy, does it? :D

No! So please stop picking up hitch-hikers. We need . . . to sample . . . the Preciousssssssss. :lol:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby AntiM » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 pm

vargaso wrote:

Winco has them in bulk. If you have a local Winco.

I do.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:16 pm

AntiM wrote:
vargaso wrote:

Winco has them in bulk. If you have a local Winco.

I do.

Wrapped or unwrapped?
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Bounce530 wrote:They should have replaced the fireballs with "bit-o-honey"s

Then again, with the heat waves all over the country, imagine the sticky gooey mess the inside of the envelope would be if it sat in a hot mail box for any amount of time...It would look like the back of Doc's RV! :lol:

What?!?!??? Do you not know Doc? He has legions of women standing by 24/7 waiting for the chance to clean up all his sticky gooey messes... 8) 8) 8)

These ladies leave no trace. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:
Wrapped or unwrapped?

They are wrapped, I always grab a bag full, and have a candy jar out on the street in front of my camp for passers'by.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:32 pm

A bag of hot balls, you say... :wink:
(Sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me today.... No, wait, that's what she said!... Sigh.)
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:52 pm

trilobyte wrote:Of course, there's no telling where a line like "hey baby, wanna suck on one of my fireballs?" will get you…

Well, it gets me extremely far at Comfort & Joy... :twisted:
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby PurpleKoosh » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:22 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:He better line the letters with el wire if he wants to get a night license.

Holy fuck I've missed reading your posts.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Eric wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Of course, there's no telling where a line like "hey baby, wanna suck on one of my fireballs?" will get you…

Well, it gets me extremely far at Comfort & Joy... :twisted:

That's it. I have it. Your 2012 gift.

Ben-Wah fireball string.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion