Hello Beautiful People

Hello Beautiful People

Postby Watah' » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:47 am

Hello to everyone. I'm Watah', water, agua, 水, well, however else you can pronounce it in any language is acceptable.

A little background to that name originated with my dear friends family. Being they barely spoke english, and what they did speak was with an impossibly thick beijing accent, they struggled to pronounce the 'L' in Walter. By the end of my trip / stay with his family and friends, it was easier to just be introduced as 'Water" aka Shui in mandarin. That name was reinstated to me on the playa last year, our first burn.

Anyhoots, i look forward to meeting everyone at the burn this year. Ill be returning with Bobbin' (Drawingablank on eplaya, Papabear in person).

Stay wonderful all.

Oh, and for anyone who might be familiar with the mystery of the butt tattoo on the toilet seat bandit. Mystery over, Ill post the artwork when i get a chance, hopefully before the burn =). Full apologies its taken so long, don't you hate when life gets in the way and forces procrastination. Its an endless cycle (As im dragging this post out to procrastinate my studies).

Food for thought. Question arose last night: You lock monkeys in a room filled with computers. Have a program that is set to cut off a word document after a certain number of keystrokes (being the number of strokes it would take to type a certain encyclopedia) and then immediately start the program over. How long, until a monkey would type the encyclopedia word for word? Vague, open to interpretation, and somehow this arose out of a thought about how big the galaxy is...having a solid math background, i fear actually calculating the probability, for my mind may overload just like any calculator would with this...
Watah'

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Hello Beautiful People

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:51 am

WTF?

You seemed so coherent 2 hours ago! Have you been infected with a hippie virus or something?
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 am

If there is an end to the universe, then it ends before that monkey finishes, I think. Especially as most monkies would rather throw a typewriter around the room than type on it. They could be onto something there, say millions of office workers.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:37 am

Hi Watah'! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:25 pm

FYI: Your nickname is the punchline to that joke about Bruce Lee's favorite drink.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby bluesbob » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:13 pm

It's coherent enough for me.
"aw shucks.." - Eric
bluesbob

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Return to Introduce Yourself!