looking to share RV

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

looking to share RV

Postby nirmuvdi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi
we are new in burning man , we live in nyc
and we looking to share RV ,
nirmuvdi

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: no

Re: looking to share RV

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:42 pm

How many of you are there? What are your expectations? What are the skills you bring? What shared resources do you bring? Do you have a reservation or are you looking for one? Driving out or flying? How much baggage?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:14 am

Hello and welcome to ePlaya. I'm moving this post over to the Share Resources board, since that's a better fit for ride and RV shares. As theCryptofishist's post points out, you might want to consider posting more details about what your looking for (for example, are you looking to find people to share in an RV rental you've already arranged, or are you looking for somebody who has an RV or RV rental that's looking for traveling companions?). Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby nirmuvdi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:41 am

we want to join some one who have RV , we are two friends from nyc , age 39 ,
nirmuvdi

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: no

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Did you not read fishy's post?
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:28 pm

I did my best, dragonpilot. Based on experience, if I try any more, I'm likely to be called a troll...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 pm

^Troll.
*runs away, giggling uncontrollably*

nivrmundi, you should take Fishy's questions seriously, and answer them thoroughly. Remember: Someone else has something you and lots of other people want (i.e. space in their RV). You want the person who is the right "match" for you to know that immediately. Think of it like a dating profile, without the creepy bits. Try and write a couple of paragraphs that answer the following questions. Be as specific as possible.

1. What do you have to share?
Gas money, booze, home-made treats, costumes, solar shower? RV maintenance, cooking, first aid? A solar generator and the know-how to power the RV kitchen with it?

2. What are you like to camp with?
Hard-working or hard-partying? Cheerful and boisterous, or quiet and serene? Messy or clean-freaks (be honest)? Morning people or night people?

3. How much of the BM experience do you want to share with your RV-mates?
Do you want to share meals and other resources with your co-campers? Do you want to hang out and "burn" with them? Or are you looking to be as autonomous and independent as possible? Are you meeting up with other friends on the playa?

4. What kind of overall BM experience are you looking for?
Are you looking for a spiritual experience, a party experience, a community of like-minded people? What kind of co-campers do you want? How will you be participating?

I kind of wish I were grading this assignment.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Return to 2012 Share Resources