Changed address question

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Changed address question

Postby nocturnal_steve » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:29 am

I have had a recent change of address, on file with the Post office and mail is being forwarded.

It was almost too late to tell the BORG so I just let it be. Will my tic's get to me, does anything about the fact I have to sign for
them change the game ?
nocturnal_steve

Burning Since: 1997

Re: Changed address question

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:42 am

It would have been better to ask the post office while you were taking care of the other matter.
Although, if all you did was send out a card or fill out a form on the web, then the idea that you'd be able to ask just one more question is silly.
I think, if anything, that it makes you safer--it's not going to go out for delivery at the old address.
But that's my guess, based on what I think is reasonable. What goes on in my head has an imperfect match up with reality.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am

The window of time to make changes to shipping addresses on orders to be mailed has passed.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

i have NEVER had to sign for them, ever, they just show up in the box.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 am

oneeyeddick wrote:i have NEVER had to sign for them, ever, they just show up in the box.

I have.. every time.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 am

As the tickets are sent out, signature is required. If you use a PO box or similar mailing service for mail, they may sign/receive on your behalf. Your postal carrier could also just be doing things a bit differently - I used to live somewhere where the postal carrier never paid attention to signatures being required either.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby lemur » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am

my post office stinks with signature required stuff..

most of my burning man tickets have simply been delivered to the mailbox out by the road.. ..

even tho its a signature confirmation thing.. they seem to want to avoid leaving their little truck so they either just leave a 'oops we tried to deliver it and you werent home!' type card or just leave the package.. either way they aint gettin out of that van to drop it off at the house.. nut uh!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby BBadger » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:05 am

I hate those notices. Sometimes I'll go check the mail and find them and I just know they did not knock because I was close to the door the whole time. It's probably a coincidence, but they also seem to time the delivery for Friday, which means they return the next day to pick up the signed slip, and the next Monday it gets delivered.

I also wonder if there's a new delivery policy where they're supposed to use the trucks to go from door to door instead of walking--or if my mailman is just being a lazy ass. It used to be that the mailman would walk around door to door to drop off stuff. This guy, however, drives from door to door--on a dead end no less--turning the engine on and off each time.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby illy dilly » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 pm

BBadger wrote:I hate those notices. Sometimes I'll go check the mail and find them and I just know they did not knock because I was close to the door the whole time. It's probably a coincidence, but they also seem to time the delivery for Friday, which means they return the next day to pick up the signed slip, and the next Monday it gets delivered.

I also wonder if there's a new delivery policy where they're supposed to use the trucks to go from door to door instead of walking--or if my mailman is just being a lazy ass. It used to be that the mailman would walk around door to door to drop off stuff. This guy, however, drives from door to door--on a dead end no less--turning the engine on and off each time.

I'm pretty sure its lazyness.
We used to live on the 3rd floor, you bet your ass the mail man didn't once walk his ass up there.

I have never once had to sign for the tickets. One year, I think the mail man even signed for us. Typically you can go on line and view a little image of the signature after it is returned. There was a little squiggle in the signature box, sure enough our ticket envelope was folded in have and crammed into the little mail box.

Regarding the Change of Address:
I changed our address on June 18th. Almost instantly received a new order confirmation with the new shipping address changed.
When was the dead line for address changes?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm

I've never signed- we have lobby mailboxes & the tickets are always just in there. Hell, half the time UPS & Fedex don't get a signature, they just drop a package in the lobby without having anyone sign (it's SF, almost all are no-doorman buildings unless you're rich). I don't even get buzzed most of the time, and I work at home so it's not like I'm not here...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby illy dilly » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:39 am

So, off topic of original thread, but on topic with current drift-

Saturday we were sitting around watching a few movies, nursing our hangover, and trying to avoid the heat, when we got a knock on our door. To our surprise it was actually the mailman! And what the Hell, what do ya know- he has a 7"x6"ish white cardboard envelope that requires signature!
I was flabbergasted that the delivery actually did get a signature!!!!!!!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby pink » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Since my mailman won't come to the door due to fear of my dog, I've always, always had to go to the post office to sign for my tickets.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby ultraaman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:06 pm

I just moved to SF from UT but apparently I'm over the 60-day threshold for the USPS mail forward because the website shows that my ticket is being returned to BMORG.

What do I do now?
"Have the courage to live. Anyone can die" - Robert Cody
ultraaman

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Start by contacting inticketing.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Start by kicking yourself for not having done the address change 60 days ago. :wink:

Then go to this page and fill out the online form explaining your situation. Make sure to include your order/confirmation number, the old address (that the returned order was sent to) and what your new address is. Then have a little patience (as you can imagine, they're inundated with support requests right now). You'll probably end up needing to pay another delivery charge (seeing as they successfully sent the order to the address you specified), they'll get that worked out with you as soon as they can. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby ultraaman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:26 am

All is well.

Apparently even tho the USPS site said my item was returned to sender, it showed up on Saturday anyway.
"Have the courage to live. Anyone can die" - Robert Cody
ultraaman

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:47 am

It's nice to hear that post-office weirdness ends with an unexpectedly good result. Congrats!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion