The art car the was a gazebo w/ a strip pole in the middle.

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:57 pm

zooooomm wrote: Maybe you will be successful at suing McDonalds's over spilled coffee.

http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:05 pm

Lis Riba wrote:Evidence showed that McDonalds served their coffee so hot to save money. This let them get away with a cheaper grade of coffee and cut down on the number of free refills they had to give away. McDonalds executives testified that they thought it would be cheaper to pay claims and worker's compensation benefits to people burned by their coffee versus making any of these changes.

http://www.osmond-riba.org/lis/essay_mcdonalds.htm

http://www.vanfirm.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A429950
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby zooooomm » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:31 pm

Hey Playa face, I'm sorry for upsetting you. I think I did read the rest of the thread. Sometimes I am too sarcastic. I hope next year goes better for you.

To the rest of the thread: I am sorry for bringing that back up.
This was my first time at Burning Man. I had an awsome time. I really appreciate all the nice people who made me feel like it was a "community" as well as all the people who put so much work into their structures, vehicles, and camps. I heard some of people talk about how it was better in the past etc, but I though it was great this year. I can't wait to go back.

About the coffee: They should have settled for the $800
zooooomm

Postby Playa Face » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:38 am

Hey zooooooooom no problem. Thanks for reading the whole thing. Agin I appologize to the owner of the art car. I was impressed with the time and detail that was put into it. I'll introduce myself on the playa next year. It should be quite interesting to meet eachother. peace.
Whos that beast walking down the street? Oh thats Playa face.....
Playa Face

Good experience

Postby vic » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:13 pm

When we (Children of Chaos) were out on our gold parade, the guys on the art car in question invited us aboard and we had a nice ride around Center Camp. I believe that the driver was wearing a cowboy hat. They seemed like good guys to me.
vic

Postby jbelson » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:05 pm

For the record, I had a good 'ol time on this car. It was wednesday night in front of Flight to mars (or somewhere close to that), some hot girls were dancing in the arches, my sister and I boarded and danced our heads off while trying not to bounce too much (It's hard not to bounce when your having sooo much fun). Then we moved on. I think we gave a button to someone working the whole thing.
I think part of the problem with the car itself is that it is very inviting. you can enter from all angels and it looks like your incouraged to jump on and off. But thats what I liked about it.
I must say though that after a while it smelled like armpit and vagina, but thats what happens when the action heats up.
"I gotta have more cowbell"
Bruce dickenson, legendary rock producer
jbelson

Dammit

Postby dj big E » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:48 pm

A friendly resolution. Can't playa face and brutus. Beat on each other in thunderdome sounds like a perfect battle lmao. And maybe the two bike victims could tag team and fight against two hecklers. lol . It's funny i wonder what kind of response someone would expect if they just walked into my rv, or tent. Anyways thanks for bringing you're art car It was a great visual especially at night. Bring it nekt year and I'll be sure to hook up with you're crew. I like the fuck you attitude this isn't a fucking rainbow gatering is it? lmao BIG "E"
dj big E

Postby Playa Face » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:14 am

Im Down for a challenge at thunder dome! Brutus you with me?
Playa Face

I had an experience as well

Postby glam_daddy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:59 pm

I was on that art car and had some trouble as well.

We (me and my girlfriend) approached the art car and asked for a ride. The 'bouncer guy' told me, like he seems to have told others that my girl could get on but I couldnt. I expressed that that was not going to fly and began to walk away. He then told me to get another girl and he would let me on. At this point I noticed the pole on the car and a girl dancing and the whole situation clarified. Girls get on and dance... guys not welcome. A bit creepy for sure. And the bouncer guy was to be perfectly honest rude and creepy in the way he handled this situation. I was trying to explain to the bouncer why I was not interested when the 'owner' of the car came up to us having heard our discussion. The owner was very nice and told the bouncer guy that 'I made this thing and I will decide who to let on' basically telling the bouncer to relax.

The rest of the experience was very positive and nice. We sat in the comfy rear. The bouncer tried to get my girlfriend to dance on the pole a few times but after our experience with him that was not going to happen.

It seems people on the crew of this vehicle are defending it and not listening to the MULTIPLE complaints. Please understand that it seems people had bad experiences on your vehicle and just take note. Not a big deal. Like I said the majority of my time on the car was great. It was just the whole -is your girl sexy enough to allow you on the vehicle- vibe that rubbed me wrong. Je are sharing it with you so you can work out the kinks so next year will be more positive.

I want to thank the cowboyhat owner for being the one positive part of the experience.

thanks for the work you did to make that art car. concider a new bouncer for next year.

peace
glam_daddy

Postby sirseaweed » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:19 pm

Thanks to everyone who has posted their thoughts on the Exploratorium. I had a great time this past year and you kind words encourage me to continue bringing the machine and sharing it with as many people as possible.

I would also like to thank Brutus (the Bouncer) for all his help. He really made the difference in making operation of the machine fun and safe for me and all those who enjoyed the machine with us. He is always welcome on the machine as an assistant or even pilot. He was responsible, cared for passengers and boarders, and really was just there to have a good time.

There were some times when he closed the dance floor to girls only so that the dancers would feel comfortable and for that I do not find fault. For those of you who dance please let me know if you are more comfortable dancing in at least a bit of a controlled setting instead of surrounded by that which you are not certain.

If there is really a problem with that I will address it in the future.

Thanks,

Captain Chuck
Exploratorim 2005!
sirseaweed

Postby Diane » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:34 pm

I am not going to apologize for Brutus to anyone but I do know that he was pretty fucked on alcohol and other things most of the week. No excuse however can be made for that attitude - you are not the first person I heard tell me that same story as I had it told to almost exactly from someone I met recently. :oops:
I certainly cannot even vouch that Brutus was the man that told you that crap but can just say that we hope he has learned his lesson if it was him and if it wasn't him, then hopefully that person won't be a bouncer on ToR's ExploraToRium in 2005.
Playa huggles & snuggles to you!
Diane
Diva Diane
Fahrenheit 451 Intergalatic Dive
Playa ExploraToRium ('04)
and The Colliseum ('03)
Diane

Postby Playa Face » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:03 am

Clearing it up really changed the way I viewed you guys. I do have anger issues and they intensify when provoked. So thanks for your time and energy you put into the art car and also for the patiences it takes to have one. Have a good year. I'll look for you next year.
Playa Face

Postby Diane » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:33 pm

you have anger issues?!?
NO!!!
ME TOO!!! :twisted:
Ask my campmates!!!
Man we are a pair now aren't we!!! :twisted:
It seems to get worse for me when I am off playa, especially the first few months...
It is so hard to be nice, isn't it? :twisted:
Have a good year and time at the SF decom!
Diva Diane
Fahrenheit 451 Intergalatic Dive
Playa ExploraToRium ('04)
and The Colliseum ('03)
Diane

Postby Playa Face » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:44 am

LOL Yep anger the all might motivator!! Burning man use to be my "anger managment". Maybe it still is. But yes I agree, Anger comes more swiftly a few months before and after burning man. I think im getting ahold of it now....Ahhh who am I kidding. Its in my blood to be pissed off. Cheers Till next year.
Playa Face

reply to everyone post

Postby brutus » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:12 pm

hey playa face i sorry if i miss interpreded the story again my apoliges .if you are intrested in fighting in the thunderdome next year stop by the came and have a drink and well talk about it . in your line of work being a bouncer you know that safety is always first and to look out for your fellow crew members . please dont take this wrong and please take a ride next year and see how it really is on the art car . the main reason why we had the dance floor to girl so they had a place to let loose and not be pestered by unwanted men . there was a number of times girls came up to get away from guys that where following them and would leave them alone . yes i enjoyed there company and watching them but i never pressured or haggled anyone to dance . there where many times girls came and just sat down and hung out . there were more than just myself and tor (chuck) waching out for people on the dance floor. if they or i did anything to afend you im sorry . and yes i was drink alot at the burn like diane said but i would never disrespect a female nor her companion at any time
diane you know me better than that . in all the years you known me when have i ever got out of hand or disrespectful to anyone while im drinking.
espcialy a female or to there boyfriend . if you did come up to the car when girls where dancing i would put my hand out to help on the floor and if there boyfriend was with them i did tell them that they couldnt come on it was girls only but i was never disrespectful about it . if i let one guy on i would have to let all the guys on and that defeats the perpose of why i was doing it in the first place . most of the time the boyfriends understood and they watched there girlfriend dance the other times they would say no thanks and be on there way . a couple of times people would have bad things to say ,but i bit my tongue and said sorry thats our rules. most of the time the girls boyfriend would just sit on the side or the front of the car and watch there girl do her thing . if i offended anyone by doing so im sorry .
brutus

Postby brutus » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:22 pm

hey jbelson i remeber you and i have your pin you gave me thanks again .
the reason for the jumping and bounceing limits was the first night alot of people jumped and bounced all at once to the music and the art car almost couldnt handle it . so we decided to limit the number of peopl and jumping and bounceing . so thanks agian and hope to see you guys next year . come and have a drink
brutus

Postby MissNev » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:07 am

On Wednesday night....or perhaps it was Thursday night, my friend and I encountered the Exploritorium. We found both the operator (Cowboy cutie pie) and the Bouncer to be friendly and welcoming. They drove us around a bit and stopped somewhere over at 8:00 or so. We enjoyed the music, the dancing (especially the hottie in the school girl skirt) and the ride. We tried to find you later in the week so that my friend's son could get a ride, but we were not lucky. One of the reasons we wanted to find you again was that the car seemed to be much safer/under control than other art cars, and this was a big consideration with friend's son. The night we were on the car, there was another young boy who was obviously enjoying himself.

Thanks for the ride, it was one of the good experiences from this year. I hope to see you guys next year (especially Cowboy Cutie Pie).
MissNev

Postby Playa Face » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:25 pm

Hey brutus I apperciate the reply back. By all means I dont want to demean, gossip or belittle any of my playa Brothers or sisters. I was what it was. Caught up in the moment of excitment. I will meet up with your guys next year, Also to invite you to our camp"....And then theres only love"And Red wine and vinyl. Please accept my apologies for my hasty behavior in our almost fray. Thunder dome would be an excellent topper to this situation. Agin thanks for the time you guys spent on the art car. Until then next year friends.
Playa Face

Postby Playa Face » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:26 pm

Hey brutus I apperciate the reply back. By all means I dont want to demean, gossip or belittle any of my playa Brothers or sisters. It was what it was. Caught up in the moment of excitment. I will meet up with your guys next year, Also to invite you to our camp"....And then theres only love"And Red wine and vinyl. Please accept my apologies for my hasty behavior in our almost fray. Thunder dome would be an excellent topper to this situation. Agin thanks for the time you guys spent on the art car. Until then next year friends.
Playa Face

Previous

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities