Eagle's Nest RV Park from the Pacific Northwest

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Eagle's Nest RV Park from the Pacific Northwest

Postby wedeliver » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:02 pm

If you are driving from the Pacific Northwest we wish to gift you a place to stay and rest on your way to Black Rock City. We have offered free camping to people going and coming since 2006 and again this year 2012. For those who have never been here, we are located 60 miles south of Klamath Falls, Oregon in California just off California Hwy 139.

Here is our gift to you. Free Bathrooms with Showers. Your last hot shower before the playa, Free. Water, Our well is 300' deep and the water is fantastic. We can fill 50 gallon drums in about 5 minutes, free. A place to camp (free), rest (free), prep your mutant vehicle (free) and just relax in a safe secure, privately owned, property. In the past years we have closed the RV park to only burners but we have found that people staying here love meeting burners and learning all about Burning Man.

Early entry folks, Rangers, Med Staff, Fire folks, Theme camps all welcome. Some people like to stay here from Friday and leave to arrive at sunrise on Monday morning. Naturally the same thing goes for on your way home after the event.

Last year we stopped counting at 500 people and that was on Sunday afternoon, I figure another couple hundred came after that. A lot of people come in late at night, take a shower get some sleep and head on out again. Other people stay longer as I said above. We kinda leave it to you guys to not make a mess and Burners live up to that request!!

I am sorry for posting this so late but we had some computer problems... and to all my friends who have stopped here over the years we look forward to seeing you again! Love Craig and Barbara For more info go to our website!
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Re: Eagle's Nest RV Park from the Pacific Northwest

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Well, howdy, stranger, where you been?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:25 pm

An awesome gift, wedeliver, glad you're willing and able to offer it to the community again this year. I'm giving this a nudge over to the 2012 Share Resources board, since that's the spot where people would be looking and posting things related to rideshares/travel arrangements.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby wedeliver » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks for moving this to the proper place trilobyte.

Hello Mr. Dougly, I hope all has been going well for you! Me, not much that is interesting. Computer issues so I have not been online much. I really should read the current posts here since that might update me on what is going on with all you guys and gals.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby moonrise » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Beautiful gift wedeliver and Barbara! :D

It makes me wish my driving route in was through your neck of the woods...
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Hmmm, instead of going to Burning Man, you manage to get (some of) Burning Man come to you. Pretty cool. :)
Ugly Dougly

Postby Pippi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:43 am

Wonderful gift, wedeliver! We will have to stop in and see you! :D
Pippi

Burning Since: 2011

Postby wedeliver » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:26 am

We have been working on the grass this year and hopefully it will be ready for all you guys. Something I did not mention above is that we have grass to camp on. Bare feet in soft grass. ummmm.

If anyone wonders why we do this, it is all about how you guys make us feel. You make us feel REALLY GOOD!

If burners on their way to the burn wish to check out our area it is kinda neat. We are located next to the Lava Beds National Monument and we even have our own cave a short bike ride from the park.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 am

It is getting closer to the burn and last night we expected our First Burner of the Year but she did not arrive and that has prompted this post. Our place, Eagle's Nest RV Park is located in Tionesta, CA a small "unincorporatd village" of about 28 yearly residents. There is another RV park "the hawks nest" that is located on the road to our place. They have new owners who have fixed up the place and added a bunch of signs and lights to get traffic to stop there. I think that this happened last night.

so, folks as you enter the little town of Tionesta, go all the way to the END OF THE ROAD! You can tell the differance because we have all grass spaces, lots of grass, grass on both sides of the road, beautiful soft bearfoot type of grass. If you don't see grass and you are told to camp on gravel, ask if you are at Eagle's Nest RV Park. We also are supposed to have our "PRETTY LIGHTS" on which will help guide you. (they were left off by mistake last night, darn it)

There is a whole big back story to the new owners of that other nest and our relationship, but I will leave my complaining to another time.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:11 am

This is a great gift you are providing, wedeliver. Don't worry, folks will swing by. It's still early. :)
Ugly Dougly

Postby wedeliver » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:This is a great gift you are providing, wedeliver. Don't worry, folks will swing by. It's still early. :)

My big concern is someone trys to find us and has an unpleasant experience. Driving here at night it can be difficult but I feel it is my most important help, by getting someone who is tired and needs to rest a safe, comfortable, clean. very very burner friendly place to get some sleep and get READY FOR BURNING MAN.

Usually by now I would have gotten an email or something from a bunch of ol' burners who come here every year. I guess time will tell. So ugly dougly, you ever drive by this part of the woods?

In a week or two I will change my website to say... "THE BURNERS ARE COMING, THE BURNERS ARE COMING"

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby aknod » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:16 am

wedeliver, we'll see you in the Sticker Bus either 8/24 or 8/25! :D
We needs bumper (or other) stickers!
http://stickerbus.blogspot.com
aknod

Postby wedeliver » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 am

THE BURNERS ARE COMING ... THE BURNERS ARE COMING.

Last night our first burner of the year stopped here. Came in late, found some nice grass to park on, rolled out a sleeping bag and caught some much need z'sss after driving from Portland. He did what he needed in the morning, chatted with me for a few and at this point might be in Aluturas, getting the last gas and supplies for his month in the desert. I have a pic but don't know where to upload it so I can show it. Coming soon!!

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Woohoo! And so it begins again...
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby fritz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Wedeliver, I am looking forward to meeting you on 8/24. Thanks in advance for the gift! :D
fritz

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Pippi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:58 am

Wedeliver, any chance you'll have room for a semi truck and 53' trailer to get in and turned around without harming grass ect?

We'll have precious cargo! NW Art Installations just waiting to be set up on the open playa!

We intend to pass thru the 21st, 22nd, or 23rd.

Thanks so much for this wonderful gift that you give to the community! And no worries if you can't fit us in!

:)
Pippi

Postby wedeliver » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Pippi wrote:Wedeliver, any chance you'll have room for a semi truck and 53' trailer to get in and turned around without harming grass ect?

We'll have precious cargo! NW Art Installations just waiting to be set up on the open playa!

We intend to pass thru the 21st, 22nd, or 23rd.

Thanks so much for this wonderful gift that you give to the community! And no worries if you can't fit us in!

:)

Not a problem. If you look here

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.mic ... CBMQnwIwAA

What you see is 2 rows of RV spaces, 10 spaces on each row. In this view there are 2 RV's in the north row and 4 in the south row. Also on each side of the Blue Building we have hillside tent camping areas if anyone is interested.

As you can see there is plenty of room to circle around without even driving on the grass. But since this is an RV park we do have some pretty tough grass so have no fear either way. As you can see if you came straight in from the west on County Road 97A, you could circle around the spaces on the left and park on the wide area on the north side of upper row of RV spaces.

If that sounds confusing, when you arrive it will be clear. Make sure you are watching as you come south on Californai Hwy 139, in Modoc County. The south bound mile markers are on the 1/2 mile mark (1 mile apart) and at the 28.5 mile marker you will see the Signage, the only signs for 15 or so miles, that indicate, Medicine Lake, make a right turn, the only way the road goes (west) and drive up that road 2.5 miles staying on pavement the whole way. You will then see signage that indicates a left turn in the community of Tionesta. (if you are coming when it is dark. on you way up that road the "pretty lights" you see is our RV) Park). At this point you will make the left turn, on pavement again and you will drive less then a mile. You will pass the Timber Mountain Store, they have gas, beer etc.. the hawks nest campground, KEEP GOING to the END OF THE ROAD.

The bathrooms are on the back of the Blue Building you can see in the google pic, also we have a Robbiepottie (thats what we have named ours) on the north side of the spaces. Water will be available wherever we have laid out hoses. Any extra water that gets spilled on the grass is ok, just remember we are on our own well so respect the pump.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby Pippi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Sounds great wedeliver! I will give you a call when we expect to arrive!

Thanks again!
Pippi

Postby wedeliver » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:00 pm

THE BURNERS ARE COMING... THE BURNERS ARE COMING... THE BURNERS ARE COMING... As a matter of fact there are burners here right now and a lot more expected. It is so neat to see their smiling faces!

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:51 am

Yesterday was a busy day for burners on their way to BRC. Last night we had about 40 people who stayed the night and I had a great time visiting most of them. Many are return folks from many years (we have been doing this since 2006) We expect more folks every day through Sunday. I am still geting phone calls from folks asking how much things cost. IT IS FREE. NO CHARGE. GIFT TO YOU, WITH LOVE.

wedeliver and bluewolf

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:52 am

It seems that there are tickets coming available for this year. I can only go Monday and Tuesday, gotta be here the rest of the week. So if anyone has a extra ticket and you are coming by here, and you are still reading eplaya (I kinda doubt this will help, but what the heck) Seeing all my old friends who have stopped here this week has me really, really wantin' to go.

I will be at will call looking for a ticket, if not found before, between 10:00pm and Midnight Sunday, if I leave here at 6:00pm

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Pippi wrote:Sounds great wedeliver! I will give you a call when we expect to arrive!

Thanks again!

I think you where the first girl I fell in love with this year. I mean that with the greatest respect and maybe a little lust. Thanks for stopping here and see ya next time (or you never know 'bout Black Rock City)

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:14 am

Just an after event report on how many people stopped here on their way to and from Burning Man. Beginning about 3 weeks before the event we had some BRC folks who stopped here, and we counted about 400 people total on their way to Burning Man. On the return about 70 people took us up on our gift and rested etc. on their way home.

Thank you all for having such a small impact on our RV Park. You folks really are respectful of our place and it shows with how you leave it. Sometimes the shower would be going for hours yet when checked afterwards it was hard to tell that anyone had used them.

We look forward to next year. love ya all.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Return to 2012 Share Resources