Circus theme camp from last year? Any CYR wheels out there?

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Circus theme camp from last year? Any CYR wheels out there?

Postby yumyumms » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I heard there was a camp last year with a circus theme that had a trapeze and a bunch of other circus apparatus. Im not sure, but I seem to remember someone saying it was around 7-9 o'clock somewheres.

Reason why Im asking, Ive got a cyr wheel, and I read somewhere online that someone had one up at that camp and was spinning. Im bringing mine up this year- probably going to see if I cant find some plywood and linoleum in Reno so I can set something up next to my truck. Id really like to either find that camp or run into someone who has some skill as its virtually impossible to get any good instruction online.

Anyone know what Im talking about?
yumyumms

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Circus theme camp from last year? Any CYR wheels out th

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:08 am

You may care to look at the published list of registered theme camps to find one that might fit, then reach out to them.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby danibel » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:15 am

I think this is the camp you are asking about. I don't know the name but it was at about 7:30ish. We watched an amazing bike routine and my sweetie took a video. I can't find the video otherwise I would upload it to one of my websites for you. It was so cool. We stuck around for awhile to watch a belly dancer and a fire dancer too. I will try to find the videos but don't hold out much hope... It's probably on my BF's hard drive.
Attachments
20110902_010.jpg
20110902_010.jpg (21.8 KiB) Viewed 273 times
In dust we trust.
danibel

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp D'nile

Postby danibel » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:33 pm

After a search on youtube I think you are referring to Wanderlust Circus. They had fabulous shows last year. I hope they are coming again!
In dust we trust.
danibel

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp D'nile

Return to 2012 Theme Camps