My gear needs a Ride from So. Cal !

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

My gear needs a Ride from So. Cal !

Postby Bethicorn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:38 pm

My dearest hunks of burning love:

This year will be my first burn! I am coming all the way from New York but all my camping gear is in Corona, CA at my mother's house. If anybody is driving out from Southern California and going near or through Corona, CA (it is right off the 15!) I would be eternally grateful if you could pick up my gear and meet me on the playa (and maybe return it). I would be more than happy to compensate you with love, hugs, and $$. =D If you don't have room for all the stuff that's cool too! Anything would be such a help so I don't have to purchase here and then transport each way.

The gear:
tent
chairs (2)
cooler
sleeping bag (2)

See you on the playa!

Bethicorn
Bethicorn

Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Sin City

Re: My gear needs a Ride from So. Cal !

Postby International Incident » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:11 am

In theory this could work. But finding people out there is a big ask. As it is your first burn is it possible that you could get it sent to Reno and transport it in from there? I'd be terrified of the gear not turning up. And if you are picking up in Reno, if everything goes to shit at least you can buy a new tent there.
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby Bethicorn » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:13 am

My playa partner did this last year with stuff from Seattle so figured it was worth a shot. If we aren't able to work this out then we will just buy a tent when we arrive in Reno. I also thought it was a big ask but burners never cease to both inspire and surprise me. =D
Bethicorn

Postby scurry » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:47 pm

I am in Corona as well. Near Ontario and Fullerton area. How much stuff do you have? Am not sure how we are going up, probably early again, and if I get a truck, I could help you out.
scurry

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Bethicorn » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:54 pm

That would be awesome! It's a 4 man tent, standard in one of those little rectangular bags, two sleeping bags, and 2 beach chairs. If the chairs are too much we can do without. I also will be going up early so that would be super awesome. And of course we will compensate you for your troubles! My email is beth.hernandez11@gmail.com if you wanna chat there when you figure out how you're coming up!

Beth :lol:
Bethicorn

Postby Charlie_in_OC » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:51 am

Check your email.

Charlie
"Do not follow where the path may lead; go instead, where there is no
path and leave a trail of clothes." - Pastor Philip
Charlie_in_OC

Return to 2012 Share Resources