leaving and returning

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

leaving and returning

Postby sadhu two hat » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:11 am

In order to avoid major family drama, I might have to leave the playa on Saturday morning of the burn to fly to Youngstown Ohio for a day.

That's the easy part.

My question is whether it is possible to return to the playa on Monday afternoon. Yes, I will be going directly against the flow of exodus. Obviously it will be impossible to enter by the 9-mile gate. But can I arrange to enter the playa by the 12-mile gate? Who might I contact to arrange this BEFORE the event?
sadhu two hat

Burning Since: 2004

Re: leaving and returning

Postby Jackass » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 am

The event is over on monday, why would you come back? Listen, you go take care of your family drama and I'll buy your ticket from you...problem solved. You can return next year drama-free, next years going to be better anyways.
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby Jackass » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Im offering face value plus fees, cold cash money. So...sounds like we have a deal. Feel free to PM me so that I may alleviate any concerns you may have, thank you.
Last edited by Jackass on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:04 pm

What is your reason for returning?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Rice » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:12 pm

sadhu two hat wrote:In order to avoid major family drama, I might have to leave the playa on Saturday morning of the burn to fly to Youngstown Ohio for a day.

That's the easy part.

My question is whether it is possible to return to the playa on Monday afternoon. Yes, I will be going directly against the flow of exodus. Obviously it will be impossible to enter by the 9-mile gate. But can I arrange to enter the playa by the 12-mile gate? Who might I contact to arrange this BEFORE the event?

There is only one entrance that participants can use. Which is the main gate.

If you try to go on the 12 mile road, you will get turned around at that gate. So do not bother (also, Law Enforcement loves to chat with people who take that road)

When one plans on returning to BRC, they must get a re-entry pass. Failure to do so will result in you needing a unused ticket to get in. A ticket stub, by itself is not enough.
In-and-Out Passes

In-and-out passes are available at the gate for $20 per person. You must have your pass, and your ticket stub, to return to the event. If you need to leave to make a phone call or pick up some emergency sundries, we encourage you to use our Empire-Gerlach bus service.
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_playa/ ... /gate.html

If you keep to the right side, you will be able to travel down gate road back to the gate. Then show your pass & ticket stub. You will probably get questioned as to your intentions.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby mrchiff » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:57 pm

My question is whether it is possible to return to the playa on Monday afternoon.

Yes, but you would need your ticket stub and in-out wristband that you acquired on your way out.
Obviously it will be impossible to enter by the 9-mile gate.

Actually, that is where you would return. You would be directed by Exodus staff accordingly and go outside the flagged lines to be processed by the gate.
But can I arrange to enter the playa by the 12-mile gate?

Highly doubtful and you would probably be sent back to the main gate anyway.
Who might I contact to arrange this BEFORE the event?

Moot

Sorry, but 8/9 mile is your best bet, though I don't fully understand why you wouldn't just pack up on Sat. and be done with it.

ETA - looks like Stretch beat me too it. That's what I get for being ADD and leaving the window open for a while.
mrchiff

Postby some seeing eye » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:45 pm

If Advantage Air is running shuttles outbound Monday, you might see if you can bargain for a seat inbound on a day when everybody is going the opposite direction. There might be a time and predictability advantage leaving with them Saturday. Maybe it counts as a reverse round trip? Not sure how the shuttling to/from the BRC Galactic Spaceport to your camp will work this year. There is a small BRC airport fee too. The airport is a gate, so all the regular controls are in play and should be clearly understood.

http://www.advantageflight.com/bman.html
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby SnowBlind » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:24 am

stretch80 wrote:When one plans on returning to BRC, they must get a re-entry pass. Failure to do so will result in you needing a unused ticket to get in. A ticket stub, by itself is not enough.

Is that still in effect on Exodus Monday? I would have thought that gate doesn't check for that on Monday anymore.
SnowBlind

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 am

I suspect the same. However, $20 v. the inconvenience of having to cope might be worth the money...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Rice » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 am

SnowBlind wrote:
stretch80 wrote:When one plans on returning to BRC, they must get a re-entry pass. Failure to do so will result in you needing a unused ticket to get in. A ticket stub, by itself is not enough.

Is that still in effect on Exodus Monday? I would have thought that gate doesn't check for that on Monday anymore.

Yes, it is.

Gate will still be running till at least Wednesday, post Temple Burn. BRC will be following the BLM lease to the letter...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Return to Transportation