Lakes of Fire 2012 - IT WAS ON FIRE WHEN WE GOT HERE!

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Re: Lakes of Fire 2012 - IT WAS ON FIRE WHEN WE GOT HERE!

Postby tinktank » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:33 pm

O inexplicable and benevolent universe!
(and of course, CC: eplaya)

I confess to you: I have been a bad, bad burner. I've been "busy," I've been too "broke," I've been too "broken"...All these excuses, all this reptilian fear...

But it was in the not-knowing, the brokenness, that I learned about myself, and the Hermetic and Dionysian Self-Ages cycled once again; a needed retreat into darkness to fully understand the light. And the light... oh how it burns.

The burn (and this includes regionals;) is not just an event (Ha, need I tell you that!). It's not just something to do, something to hold on to, from which to escape the "real world". It's not even something that need be done in the desert (but no really who decided that seriously it's fucking hot out there, oh god the chafing!!)

It is something within us. A burning desire, a burning creativity, a burning curiosity, a burning feeling X. An ineffable feeling like, like, your body is exploding from every single quantum part in an effort to reach out to that great beyond, the divine, the creator, that flying spaghetti monster in the sky! And it's tearing you apart and burning at every beautiful turn...

That feeling, diverted inward, prismatic in its brokenness, is still beautiful in its own way. No denying that. Ask Akhilandeshvari: the Goddess Never Not Broken.

But. The light that explodes and reaches out and finds in another, itself, finds family all around no longer so alone... it's... it's irreplaceable. Much needed in this ever-isolating, ever-alienating "world" we live in (Ha, need I tell you that!)

Universe, to be honest, I don't really need a ticket. I don't need anything in particular from you because you've given me so much, already. And I'm constantly asking you for more, I know. (Aren't we all?)

I need not go to another burn for the rest of my life to remember.. but honestly c'mon where's the fun in that??!

I'm sure as the even draws near, tickets will pop out of the ground like little rainbows covered in butterflies on a barren and dusty terrain, calling out to me, whispering, "YEsssss, YESSssss.... YOu. CAn. cOMEeee!!!! (MayBbeee... I DUunnoZ If I GOing, Momz in TOwnn...)."

I will run amok, grasping, wanting, desiring... Although I have been told I'm good at begging... or was it just being on my knees? I can't remember.

REGARDLESS

What I'm saying is: ticket or no ticket, I will be there. In heart. In spirit. In burn.

But if a butterfly happens to land on my shoulder, I will not shoo it away.

Thanks. That is all.

Now, everyone, please go back to being superheros and saving the world, even, no, especially if you're in your pajamas. Pajama superheroes are the best.
tinktank

Postby robotland » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:53 am

Well Done, Everyone! We tore the cover off of another Lakes Of Fire! Great effigy and subsequent burn thereof, some great big art, entertaining and interactive theme camps and ONE HELLUVA LOT OF PARTICIPATION. Our volunteers made this the best year EVER.

*swelling with pride*
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 am

*running for epipen*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Sail Man » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:05 am

No! Mr Sluggo, no!!!

Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Sail Man » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:08 am

Inside the Effigy

Sail Man

Postby Sail Man » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:12 am

I'm gonna have to cite both you bikers for biking out of custume...

Sail Man

Previous

Return to Regionals & Events