Is it possible to split tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Is it possible to split tickets?

Postby renegadeb » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 am

Hi,

I bought two tickets under my name, one for me and one for my friend, and am picking them up by Will Call. I might not be able to make it, but my friend is definitely going. I've had a look at all the ticket FAQs but it doesn't say anything about how I can sell one ticket (through STEP or whatever) and keep the other. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Robin
renegadeb

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Is it possible to split tickets?

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 am

You can change the name to your friend's at will call and then sell the second ticket. The thing is, that your friend will have to take his ticket and put the second ticket in the name of the buyer. So, the buyer has to get to the gate later than your friend. Unless they travel together.

I'm doing this from memory, so there's a chance I got something wrong. Trilo or someone else will correct me if I did.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby renegadeb » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 am

Great, thanks very much.
renegadeb

Postby Rice » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:59 am

The Ticket FAQ has info on Will Call ticket name changes: http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#elsepickup
Plus all kinds of other useful info on and about tickets.

2012 is a very unique year in general. Change is not always fun. Clearly change was necessary!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby ashcrashj » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:40 pm

I'd love to buy your ticket from you if you are looking to sell it! I would really appreciate it, I have been looking for a ticket everywhere! :)
ashcrashj

Postby tall_chap » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Robin!

Based on what theCryptofishist said and the tickets FAQ that Stretch80 linked to, it sounds like you'll have to change the name at will call - and the first person who arrives has to ask the will call folks to leave the 2nd ticket in the name of the 2nd person who is arriving.

Sounds like you might be selling your other ticket? I'd be willing to get it. I'm a former burner dying to go this year. My email is tall_chap1@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you!!!
tall_chap

Burning Since: 2010

Postby CrispyDave » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:28 pm

renegadeb wrote:Hi,

I bought two tickets under my name, one for me and one for my friend, and am picking them up by Will Call. I might not be able to make it, but my friend is definitely going. I've had a look at all the ticket FAQs but it doesn't say anything about how I can sell one ticket (through STEP or whatever) and keep the other. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Robin

Yes, but you need to carefully cut them down the middle...
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.
CrispyDave

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Moving this to the tickets discussion board.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 am

Adding some clarification, YES you can sell one of your two will call tickets into STEP. And then you can transfer the remaining ticket to your friend's name.

Or if you want to find a specific person to sell the second ticket to, you'd do as others have suggested above. Put the order in the name of the first person arriving, and then you'd have to trust that when they picked up the order they would leave the remaining ticket in the 2nd person's name.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby dragonpilot » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:41 pm

This may be my situation, as the person to whom the tickets are being transferred:

LAST MINUTE WILL CALL CHANGES: If for some reason you have to give away or sell your ticket at the last minute (one week before the event or later), the person you have designated to be able to pick up your tickets MUST have:

1. A letter signed by you, the original ticket holder. This letter MUST state that you have given/sold the tickets to the person now picking them up and have their full name in the letter. Example: I John Doe, sold my two will call tickets to Jane Smith and I'm authorizing her to pick them up.
2. A photocopy of your driver's license and a photocopy of the credit card used to purchase the tickets (you can black out the first set of numbers, just make sure the last 4 numbers can be read). Remember, the full name on the driver's license must be clear. We need to be completely sure that you have given/sold your tickets to the person picking them up.
3. For will call transfer: In addition to what's above, you MUST have the confirmation number.

As always for any Will Call pick up, the person picking up tickets must have, in addition to the above information, THEIR photo ID as proof of who they are!

If it comes to this I'm the type that follows instructions to the letter. I hope the folks at WILL CALL follow them, too, and accept what I present to them.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion