Oh no! Another feathers thread that could be hijacked, drifted and otherwise abused. Oh yes, another feather thread.
This one contains actual information though. Feather boas were originally banned because they fell apart. The ban has generalized and now we can yell at one another in a burnier than thou tone of voice.
Here is why you wouldn't want to bring any valuable feather items.
- Feathers break down in alkaline environments, playa dust is alkaline
- Feathers break down in low humidity
- Feathers break down in intense sunlight
- Off the bird the are not getting re-oiled
- The grit in playa dust mechanically abrades the microstructure of the feather
- They are difficult to wash once you get back home
We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.