CupCake Love!!!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

CupCake Love!!!

Postby bartholomew » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:37 pm

I assume everyone saw those wonderful cupcakes gliding across the playa in their tin cups? They definitely get my vote for the most whimsically wonderful moving art I saw this year! Anyone know who those folks are?
bartholomew

Postby MrChevere » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:29 pm

i saw them near the temple. got a couple of photos.
It was like this when I got here, honest.
MrChevere

Postby la-z-boy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:40 pm

The muffin and cupcake cars were the brain child of Lisa Pongrace and Greg Solberg. They are same couple that created the bunny slippers. They also got a few of their Fast Furnishings camp mates, including myself, to build additional cupcakes and muffins.

Six were planned. Sadly, the rolling frame of one was stolen before the event, so were five on the playa this year. We never managed to have all five out together at the same time. There is talk of having a full dozen next year.
la-z-boy

Postby geekster » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:55 pm

Yeah, I think they were someplace around 8:30 and Mercury. I saw them several times when I would go up to the corner to just hang out and greet people walking past. I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear every time I saw them. Nice job.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby nostratomas » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:48 pm

la-z-boy wrote:The muffin and cupcake cars were the brain child of Lisa Pongrace and Greg Solberg. They are same couple that created the bunny slippers. They also got a few of their Fast Furnishings camp mates, including myself, to build additional cupcakes and muffins.

Six were planned. Sadly, the rolling frame of one was stolen before the event, so were five on the playa this year. We never managed to have all five out together at the same time. There is talk of having a full dozen next year.

Yo, you cup cake/muffin peeps are fucken great!!! How about a baker's dozen?

Can you put me in touch with Lisa & Greg? I am a fiend for art cars & want to talk shop. I am already thinking about my rides for '05.
If you can't ride it, burn it.
nostratomas

Some photos...

Postby Gadget » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:56 am

Gadget

Postby echohaus » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:39 pm

Thank you for those pics!! They were one of the few things I managed to forget to get pictures of...

Consdiering building an art car of chomping teeth to chase them around next year... :lol:
echohaus

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:27 pm

Saw them this morning in the photos of the "How Berkeley Can You Be" Parade and didn't even know they were BM. Until I posted the pic to the "What Makes an Art Car Great?" thread and found out. Feel silly.
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby unjonharley » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:01 pm

la-z-boy wrote:The muffin and cupcake cars were the brain child of Lisa Pongrace and Greg Solberg. They are same couple that created the bunny slippers. They also got a few of their Fast Furnishings camp mates, including myself, to build additional cupcakes and muffins.

/\
A bakers dozen is 13
Never be a "Lot's Wife.
unjonharley

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities