Hello lovely eplaya peeps!
squishelle here, Regional Contact from Vancouver BC.
I assisted CORE last year with the Great Wall of CORE posters featured at Everywhere Lane's Regional Network Centre, and again this year, I'm stepping up to assist Meghan with CORE Media & Promo stuff!
I'm still waiting for the final approved list from BMHQ, but in the meantime, I've been able to gather links from FB & this thread & have this list going so far: http://bit.ly/CORE2012EffigyLinks
Please send any updates to this list to: squishelle at burningman.com
The list is also accessible from the top banner om last year's CORE FB page at: https://www.facebook.com/BManCORE
And we're very close to launching the new CORE FB page, that won't be year specific - stay tuned for that!
Also, some tips for Facebook users, especially with recent changes to Groups.Fan Pages:
are great for promoting your project to a much greater audience than your crew.
- You should have a page so that your fundraising efforts & events can be promoted to anyone - friends, coworkers, family, other communities, etc.
- Fan pages are EASY to "Like" and show up on people's Profile pages, creating a viral buzz.
- Your public events should be created FROM the Fan Page, so that ANYONE can RSVP & again, share that event via their Profile Page.
- Fan pages are a super effective way of cross-promoting other CORE projects. You can add other Fan Pages as a "Favorite" to your fan page.
See how we've done that on the CORE page, scroll down to see the list of page "Likes": https://www.facebook.com/BManCORE
are great for your crew to share info & organize things in the background. Groups have basically replaced email lists of old.
They are NOT ideal as a promo tool outside your crew for a few reasons.
- People may perceive that there is a slight barrier vs the ease of the "Like" button.
- First, people have to ask to join the group, then wait for approval. Then they may potentially be bombarded with emails that do not interest or pertain to them, re: the nitty gritties of the project.
- The main reason in favour of Fan Page is that any event that you create from the Group, can only be RSVP'd by members of the group, which cuts out a good number of people and removes the viral wall posting to Profile walls component.
Those are some initial thoughts i wanted to unload, feel free to contact me if you have specific questions!
squishelle at burningman.com