Undercity art and theme camp Quest

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Undercity art and theme camp Quest

Postby misspageturner » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Undercity is a World of Warcraft themed bar formerly known as Orgribbar.
We encourage all those who enter our bar to experience the playa through Quests to various art project, bars and theme camps, rewarding those who complete our quests with gifts and libations.

We're developing new quests and quest-chains for this year's event, and wish to enlist the assistance of other theme camps to be a part of some of the quest-chains.

A quest chain is a group of quests that are completed in sequence. Completion of each quest is a prerequisite to beginning the next quest in the chain. Quests usually increase in difficulty as the adventurer progresses through the chain. Quest chains can also encourage adventurers to journey to a new and hidden parts of Black Rock City, where further elements of the quest chain are revealed.

If you choose to be part of one of our quest-chains, we will send participants to your camp to carry out some sort of shenanigans. Once they complete the quest, you would send them on the next quest in the sequence (which we would create together)! This is especially good for virgin burners, as it encourages participation and expands their experience and integrates the community.
We love this stuff! And if you're excited as we are about sustainable jackassery, we'd love to have you on board. :twisted:

Evil Chris is the evil genius behind this year's Undercity planning and has bestowed the honor of Lady of the Lake upon Jady Peters and me. I'm Page Turner on facebook, Hot Mess on the playa.

Go!
misspageturner

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Undercity

Re: Undercity art and theme camp Quest

Postby Savannah » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Oo, I want to do this. :shock:

Make sure to post your location here later, if you're registered & placed.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby NyxValentine » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:12 am

Bwhahahaha I'm so excited about this....
NyxValentine

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 am

Yep! As an RPG player, I'm so up for a quest!
:D
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby misspageturner » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Good to know people are getting excited about experiencing the playa through our Quests.
We're getting ready to nail down the Quest plans and are still accepting partner camps to participate in Quest Chains.
Your camp will receive a special box containing quest items and ideas and you will get to collaborate with us on sending burners
on a meaningful experience of the playa!
misspageturner

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Undercity

Postby peltman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Hey, we've got a few different things going on in our camp: WhoofARTed that might work out within some of your quests...
peltman

Postby dotagamer69 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Syncitium camp will have a maze with a minotaur. I think there would definitely be interest in having some quests with us!!!!!
dotagamer69

Burning Since: 2012

Postby mamasharon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Hey, you could send them to find some sort of outfit in our Bizarre Bazaar, or to take a picture with our dragon We have a whole camp of newbies and it would be great to get them involved. I'm located in Fantasyland. We're shooting for 2;30 and J, but I'll register the camp in the computer if you don't get a hold of me before hand. Sounds like fun. Mamasharon
mamasharon

Return to 2012 Theme Camps