Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
The only problem I have with the almond one is that I always end up wanting a bear claw for breakfast.
I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, earthy and full bodied!
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 2:20 pm
- Location: Alameda, CA
- Burning Since: 2009
- Camp Name: Hushville
1. Daily disposables. A little pricey- but in my opinon--it's the best way to go.I have never had any issues with my contacts out there. I've been pretty careful- but admittedly not changed mine every day. Bring some good goggles and carry them *with* you.
2. Bring twice as many as you think you will need and a pair of script glasses. I wear 2 different RX's so I keep them in separate zips marked so I can see them without lenses.
3. Clean your hands really well- rinse really well--these are your eyes we're talking about. Stinging eyes from hand sanitizer really sucks.
4. Keep a few clean wash cloths in a zip lock for drying your clean hands.
5. A good thing to do right before you put fresh lenses in is to wash your face (eyelash hold onto that dust!) and rinse your eyes clean with some saline. Blink a few times then put your clean lenses in. AHHH.
6. Another good thing to pack is the homeopathic pink eye drops found at any drugstore, I think it's called Similac...it works in just a few hours to clear up any crud.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 pm
- Posts: 16484
- Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Burning Since: 1996
I wear extended wear contacts. I don't really change much for the playa.
The playa is dusty and yechey and horrible. I can do that in my contacts. Heck, I can clean my contacts in a shot glass of vodka and be good for a week!
If you need nice clean contacts, you will not have them on the playa. Even in a $Milion RV. Dust is everywhere!
Given I wear contacts; if I really needed to go, without contacts, I could do it. The place is huge. Unless you have some horrible vision you should be able to find your way home.
Playawaste Raiders and Megaton Bar and Grill
- Posts: 476
- Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:52 am
- Location: Top Secret - be eaten after entering
*begins work on "Find Your Way Back to Camp, Blind" camp*
The Lady with a Lamprey
"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri
Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
- Posts: 39861
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
- Location: In Exile
- Burning Since: 2017
Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: digital, Joeln, TT120, unjonharley and 6 guests