Apogaea is on!

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Apogaea is on!

Postby mshaman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:35 am

Apogaea is starts in 2 days, woot! I just got of the mountain and the buildout went swimmingly. City layout has been refined, land expanded, and participation increased from 1100 to 1300. It's going to have something like twice the art installations this year, more and bigger love for everyone. We're facing a burn ban due to insufficient rain in the woods, :-(, but the things that were in the community's control were handled, and it's going to be the best Apogaea ever.

Because of the national ticket situation, we're seeing people not just from CO, but also WA, FL, TX, CA, GA, WY, KS, NM, AZ and a few others that I didn't process applications for. The CO burners look forward to seeing you, even if we're only burning with propane this year...
The road of life is littered with flat squirrels who couldn't decide.
mshaman

Re: Apogaea is on!

Postby mshaman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Despite the Colorado burn ban (lots of forest fires in CO right now) Apogaea was groovy this year. I kept hearing phrases like "regionals are the new Burning Man". I'm not sure I'd go that far, but there was roughly twice the art this year at Apogaea, much more ambitious than previous years, because art collectives couldn't get enough traction/tickets to go to BRC so they stayed local. It will be interesting to see how all this shakes out in the next few years.
The road of life is littered with flat squirrels who couldn't decide.
mshaman

Return to Regionals & Events