DAMMIT BILL !!!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: DAMMIT BILL !!!

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Tue May 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Dammit Bill!
I tripped over You tripped me with my watering can and spilled made me spill four litres of water on the balconies below mine. :oops:
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby wh..sh » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:54 am

Dammit Bill!!!

In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Elorrum » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:32 pm

DAMMIT BILL! I missed TWO stay to the left freeway interchanges that I didn't know about and added two hours to my drive home, and got a speeding ticket. 8 and half hours on the road. Bill? what the hell is it?
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Dammit, Bill! The weekend is over, and I didn't really get any veg time.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby AntiM » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:01 am

Dammit Bill, MyLarry took all the coffee to work.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Dammit BIll, leave my goddamned computer alone.
Without warning or provocation, it died. My partner has spent the last 3 hours fighting with it (while I surf ePlaya on his computer... :oops: ).
Something, somewhere in my file system is corrupted.
Dammit Bill, stop feeding bath salts to my stuff!
catinthefunnyhat

Postby AntiM » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Dammit Bill, what's with the random low grade fevers in the afternoons? :(
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Dammit Bill!
What's with this automatic signing out thing I've got going? It's really tedious!
And, there are two threads I'm avoiding? Why did you make annoying people post on eplaya?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby AntiM » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 am

Dammit Bill, I really can't wear pasties. She's no fun at all.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 am

Dammit, Bill.

I have a meeting with my committee in 45 minutes. It's the annual, mimimal-requirement-to-stay-in-the-program meeting. I've done nothing of substance in the past year -- no talks, presentations, or teaching; and I've completed less than a chapter of The Big Scary. While I'm otherwise mostly happy, school is a vortex of despair; it's almost impossible to work on it now, because I just end up crying. On top of all that, I'm desperately sleep-deprived, thanks to this stupid cough. I fear an emotional meltdown is imminent.

Dammit, Bill, I'd better not cry in this meeting. If I do, I'll blame you.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:34 am

Gift yourself a prive pre-meltdown.
Video games, movies, ice cream, a walk in the wilderness, whatever.
Take some time to breathe, damnit, it sounds like you not only deserve it, but need it!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:06 pm

:) thanks, ((Dougly)). A walk in the wilderness is exactly what I need. I'm going to make sure I get one in soon. I've got cabin fever from being cooped up in here. It's coming through in my posts...

And Bill came through for me! I managed to hold it together (mostly) in the meeting. My committee are amazing; I warned them about my mental state before we started, and they brought me a box of kleenex. Turns out, I only used 2. They think I've got enough research and analysis done (heh) and that it's just about wrapping up the writing process. Sounds good in theory, but I'm the one that sees the house of cards collapse every time I try to finish it. So I told them that, and we've now got another meeting scheduled in which we're going to actually go through my 250 pages and figure out exactly what needs to be done to turn them into a finished hole. So right now, while I can't exactly see a light at the end of the tunnel, I've got some assurances that it's there :)
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Bin Noddin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Hang on Cat - and follow through. I was stuck in that spot, too. Classwork done, research done, writing started . . . then I couldn't get it together, two years of "normal progress" meetings with nothing to report. Moved across the country, got a job, dabbled. Then my adviser wrote me a letter reminding me how old he was and he wasn't sure how much longer he'd be around (really). You've got a lot done - just give yourself that last push. Sounds like your committee are very understanding and will work with you. Good luck!
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby Straightveg » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Dammit Bill! Why'd you let the dryer eat my bra? That's the third one this year, and I needed it for work Monday. Guess I'll have to go bra shopping, again. :roll: Maybe I should just avoid the underwire? It seems to be the common point of failure in the few I've had fail on me.
Black Rock City or Bust Dust!
Straightveg

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Damned Bill is always messing with the goddamn laundry. :x

((Bin Noddin)): Thanks :)
catinthefunnyhat

Postby AntiM » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Dammit Bill, that was a real fever.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Feeling better?
catinthefunnyhat

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:37 pm

I think Dammit Bill!!! is trying to teach you to do your lingerie in the sink by hand.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:48 am

I can't use Bill, ever since 'League Of Gentlemen' Dave is my genericized name for all humans….

Dammit, Dave it's been a week of dopeyness and frustration. On the dopey front I crossed some wires on a rescheduled appointment at my local workshop joint. They'd pinged me to let me know that the time I had scheduled to use a fancy machine was being canceled because of some fancy corporate client's event didn't book for enough time earlier in the day), I had multiple appointments on that machine this week and I canceled the wrong one. So after staying up crazy late to finalize some design work and then rushing around for half the day to buy materials and get things loaded in at the workshop, I realized my blunder. D'oh! Yeah, felt like a total bonehead to then have to spend 20 minutes reloading the van with all the stuff I'd just unloaded.

On the frustrational side, I'd have been pulling my hair out over some software nonsense if I wasn't already shaving my head… I signed on to a subscription program last month for some creative pro apps I use and had to jump through some hoops with getting the account set up - I'd chalked it up to glitches with their store handling subscription model stuff (which is pretty new for the company) or some such nonsense. That was a month ago, and once settled everything has been great. It's been a month, you'd think they'd have gotten that sorted out. My gf finally decided she was ready to take the plunge on her stuff (she's pretty tech savvy, but I serve as our studio's IT guy). And of course, same fucking problem in setting the account. Their system doesn't know how to parse our address (despite us having lived here for many years), and will neither process the subscription nor record a pending order. Pisses me off to no end (dammit, Dave!), I like just having all the tech stuff sorted out so that her experience is seamless. All the new stuff still worked (it has a 30 day trial thing), but I was still annoyed. Credit where it's due though, their support staff were on the case and within a day and a half they finally got the back-end stuff sorted out and I got her account set up and all the apps and upgrades in place on all her machines.

And Dammit Dave, hasn't there been enough ticket drama in my life this year? Seriously? I was given a serious reminder of just how fucked up the world of event ticketing has become in the last few years, and just how shitty scalpers have made things. Our favorite band is doing a short run tour in Europe this fall, we're on the fan club lists and eligible for pre-sales and whatnot. No luck in the drawing for the super advanced presale for either of us. During the presale I was able to get through for the two London shows we were interested in, but they were meh-tastic seats. Figured that maybe they were only offering a smallish number to the community in the pre-sale, and maybe I'd have luck with getting floor/GA tix for one of the shows in the main sale. Oh fuck no. Because of the time zone shift this was all going down at 1-2am my time, but despite being awake and having a better internet connection than anyone in the UK, the floor/standing tix vaporized in nanoseconds. Talking with other members of that community, not only did those two shows vaporize in no time, but so did every date. They sold out all floor tix on an entire european tour in under 60 seconds. And of course, the ticket touts were advertising floor tix for double to triple the price within an hour. Dammit, Dave!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Dammit Bill I hate being middle-aged.
I hate that no matter how recently I've been to the bathroom, Bill makes my body hide a secret stash of pee to be released in dribbles when I laugh or cough. WTF, Bill! This only started after I turned 40. Dammit!

Also: Dammit, Bill! I saw photos of myself that were taken today :( Fuck.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Savannah » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Straightveg wrote:Dammit Bill! Why'd you let the dryer eat my bra? That's the third one this year, and I needed it for work Monday. Guess I'll have to go bra shopping, again. :roll: Maybe I should just avoid the underwire? It seems to be the common point of failure in the few I've had fail on me.

Bra shopping is the worst!

I think I manage to make mine survive the laundry by using a small washer bag (about the size of a 1/2 gallon of milk, but shaped like a duffle bag), use a cold water wash (or maybe warm for lighter colors) but never hot, and skipping the dryer entirely. I hang bras on hangers off the shower rod. I think that really helps.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Dammit Bill!

I had such a good day, and now you're ruining everything.

My favourite baby-dill-pickle-making company is insolvent. NOooooooo!
Last edited by catinthefunnyhat on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Savannah wrote:I think I manage to make mine survive the laundry by using a small washer bag (about the size of a 1/2 gallon of milk, but shaped like a duffle bag), use a cold water wash (or maybe warm for lighter colors) but never hot, and skipping the dryer entirely. I hang bras on hangers off the shower rod. I think that really helps.

I do exactly this, and it makes a world of difference.
Plus, the laundry bags help me find them and pull them out when I'm moving wet laundry from the washer to the dryer, so they don't end up getting dried accidentally.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:52 am

Dammit, Bill, why'd you have to go and reserve the last bike at the Reno Kiwanis right when I was sitting down to reserve one for myself?
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby AntiM » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:03 am

catinthefunnyhat wrote:
Savannah wrote:I think I manage to make mine survive the laundry by using a small washer bag (about the size of a 1/2 gallon of milk, but shaped like a duffle bag), use a cold water wash (or maybe warm for lighter colors) but never hot, and skipping the dryer entirely. I hang bras on hangers off the shower rod. I think that really helps.

Plus, the laundry bags help me find them and pull them out when I'm moving wet laundry from the washer to the dryer, so they don't end up getting dried accidentally.

Dammit Bill, I do the same thing. No bras in the dryer ever, I have cute folding Japanese racks to hang my bras. A few of mine are at least ten years old and in good shape, I can't replace the same style so I baby them. No underwires, I had to give them up after the lumpectomy, the wire touches my scar and it feels weird.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby Straightveg » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 am

AntiM wrote:
catinthefunnyhat wrote:

Dammit Bill, I do the same thing. No bras in the dryer ever, I have cute folding Japanese racks to hang my bras. A few of mine are at least ten years old and in good shape, I can't replace the same style so I baby them. No underwires, I had to give them up after the lumpectomy, the wire touches my scar and it feels weird.

Dammit Bill, why is this the first I've heard of this technique? I'll have to try this. Looking on the bright side, I've lost weight since the last round of bra shopping so the new ones will probably fit better that what I have now. On the downside, I need to redetermine my bra size.
Straightveg

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Dammit Bill! Aphids!!!
catinthefunnyhat

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Damnit Bill!

I know we can't do anything about the weather, but 112, come on!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Straightveg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:11 pm

DAMMIT BILL!!!! You couldn't wait until after I got my new bras to kill my last functioning work bra, could you? Jerk. Guess I'm going shopping a few days earlier than I planned.
Straightveg

Postby Foxfur » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:44 am

Dammit Bill!!!
Tell YOUR MOM to stop calling me!
I thought it was a one time thing...
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion