Stag Camp

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Stag Camp

Postby VanEmmen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Just looking for feedback on positive and negative experiences with stag camp. Im camping by myself and this is my first burn so any comments are greatly appreciated.....
If i could only let this fire burning inside of me out...........
VanEmmen

Re: Stag Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 pm

The staggers have always been quite vocal on this board about its being a positive experience. I'm sure they will chime in shortly.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:04 pm

See our pro boards site for the regular chit chat and planning. You have to register to see certain info on the present year's planning. In short we are a No Dues, No Chores, No Obligations and be totally RSR camp. http://stagcamp.proboards.com/index.cgi

We have a good history on ePlaya that you can read from the early years. There is not allot of chat going on at the site with the exception of the tickets situation but it will heat up more the nearer the burn gets. We have been around since 07 so in the normal way that established camps go we talk less and less about what we are going to do for the burn and just end up doing it. Don't be surprised if there is not much going on there for a while. The chat box on the bottom of the page has people there every day. At minimum you will get an awesome daily greeting from Morninglori.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Sail Man » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 pm

I've not camped with Stag Camp but I have heard a lot of good things about them, as well as Mots, who I have had the pleasure to meet. You would not go wrong camping with them.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby VanEmmen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Mots?
If i could only let this fire burning inside of me out...........
VanEmmen

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Mots = Motskyroonmatick = Motz . . . the person who responded above. :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

You could also consider HushVille, if you're not planning on bringing a generator/drumset/tuba (or you're willing to take them elsewhere). Though it seems like Stag Camp might provide more communal resources (communal kitchen and shade spaces, looks like) than HushVille.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby jella » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:07 pm

My husband Figment and I camped with Staggers our second year, staggers rock !
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby a figment » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:09 pm

comunal shade but not kitchen, great group, wife and I camped with them, always feel welcome when we stop to say hi.
lol looks like she has a simular opnion.
a figment

Postby jella » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 pm

a figment wrote:comunal shade but not kitchen, great group, wife and I camped with them, always feel welcome when we stop to say hi.

wife=Jella :wink:
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 pm

jella wrote:
a figment wrote:comunal shade but not kitchen, great group, wife and I camped with them, always feel welcome when we stop to say hi.

Ohhhhhh... and here I was thinking that Jella's "fig" was FIGJAM. This clears some things up.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:21 pm

ensimismada wrote:
jella wrote:

Ohhhhhh... and here I was thinking that Jella's "fig" was FIGJAM. This clears some things up.

You're right. My acne is much better!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 pm

She is sooooo out of my league! :cry:

Now your making me have those dreams again. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby jella » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:23 pm

(((Figjam)))...Your a hottie and you know it .
jella

Postby C187 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Everyone at Stag Camp sucks....
...nutella
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby DaveyJones » Sun May 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Looking forward to another year at Stag Camp. Great folks, great community shade & fireplace, great music, great locale (8:30 and D-ish), great barberchair.

Bringing my son to see what its all about.

Soon. Soon.
DaveyJones

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Drucifer303 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:54 pm

looking forward to my first year with at stag camp.

very excited.

very.
Pretend I said something truly hilarious here.
Drucifer303

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Noboundaries » Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 pm

If there's room for Birgins, Cat and I hope to become part of the Stag family this year.
You are always smaller than anything that upsets you. Remain calm and solutions with boundless possibility will find your heart.
Noboundaries

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Noboundaries wrote:If there's room for Birgins, Cat and I hope to become part of the Stag family this year.

Hope no more for you are Staggers!!!!!!

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby Savannah » Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:
Noboundaries wrote:If there's room for Birgins, Cat and I hope to become part of the Stag family this year.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter Stag!
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby curiousgnate » Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 am

Stag Camp is a wonderful bunch of people. The makeup of the camp is constantly changing as we allow newbies both to the burn or just to our camp every year. There is a core group of us that keep the whole thing going. My favorite part is that every year i get to meet new people, have a core group of people I love, and no responsibilities other than that which I chose to take on. I have camped here for the last four years, and will always camp here if I go to the burn. The lifelong friendships that have been created with these people help sustain me both on and off of the playa. they are a great bunch of fuckers and i love them!
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed May 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Savannah wrote:
motskyroonmatick wrote:

Abandon hope, all ye who enter Stag!

Yeah. I have this way with words....... :? :D :P

Ehem!

do over

Withdraw those meandering, searching tentacles of hope and feel the Fucken YAY!!! that indeed you are Staggers.

motskyroonmatick

Postby Noboundaries » Thu May 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Well that's official then, Cat and I have become hopeless Staggers ready to feel the Fucken YAY!
You are always smaller than anything that upsets you. Remain calm and solutions with boundless possibility will find your heart.
Noboundaries

Postby plowman » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Welcome to Stag Camp, Noboundries and Cat. I hope you will consider joining us VanEmmen.
I think Stag Camp is a FANTASTIC camp. We started in "07" as a group of people who didn't want to pay the fee's or dues, have scheduled shifts and chores and some of the other things you have to do to be part of a structured theme camp. But we also didn't want to camp all alone. We are all self relient but if someone forgot something or is in need of something, chances are, one of us has it. We are hoping to set up camp around 8:25 and D again this year. Motz has a huge shade structure and I will be arriving in an ambulance again this year
plowman

Postby Danger » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:21 am

plowman wrote:Welcome to Stag Camp, Noboundries and Cat. I hope you will consider joining us VanEmmen.
I think Stag Camp is a FANTASTIC camp. We started in "07" as a group of people who didn't want to pay the fee's or dues, have scheduled shifts and chores and some of the other things you have to do to be part of a structured theme camp. But we also didn't want to camp all alone. We are all self relient but if someone forgot something or is in need of something, chances are, one of us has it. We are hoping to set up camp around 8:25 and D again this year. Motz has a huge shade structure and I will be arriving in an ambulance again this year

The odds were always pretty good that Plowman would wind up leaving the playa in an ambulance every year so he finally decided to just get one of his own to make it easier for everyone!
Danger

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Danger wrote:
plowman wrote:Welcome to Stag Camp, Noboundries and Cat. I hope you will consider joining us VanEmmen.

The odds were always pretty good that Plowman would wind up leaving the playa in an ambulance every year so he finally decided to just get one of his own to make it easier for everyone!

Double extra awesome is that his entire Ambulance cost way less than an Ambulance ride to Reno. Better creature comforts too.

motskyroonmatick

Postby fingermaster » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Okay, I would like to do this with a small group (less than 10-15)... I can supply an outdoor camp shower
fingermaster

Burning Since: 2010

Postby moonrise » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 pm

I know you'll be in good, fun, company at Stag Camp. 8)

Motz and all of the Staggers set a fine example of how to burn.

I don't camp with them, but out of the blue came Motz's generous gift of Golficus Carticus, a well oiled, smooth running, mini mv type of ride :wink: enabling me and my broken back to get around and help countless other disabled, injured, elderly, tired, ice toting, et cetera burners to also get to and fro destinations, 24/7!!
We can't thank them enough. :D

AFAIK Golficus Carticus still rides on during each burn, generously gifted to others in the same situation as I was that year.

Stagger on!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Danger » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 pm

moonrise wrote:I know you'll be in good, fun, company at Stag Camp. 8)

Motz and all of the Staggers set a fine example of how to burn.

I don't camp with them, but out of the blue came Motz's generous gift of Golficus Carticus, a well oiled, smooth running, mini mv type of ride :wink: enabling me and my broken back to get around and help countless other disabled, injured, elderly, tired, ice toting, et cetera burners to also get to and fro destinations, 24/7!!
We can't thank them enough. :D

AFAIK Golficus Carticus still rides on during each burn, generously gifted to others in the same situation as I was that year.

Stagger on!

Motz is ok.....
Danger

Postby moonrise » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Yep Danger, he is...so much so, when GC's older brother GC2 had a mechanical issue (insert bizarre story here) I almost had the gaggle of people pushing, push us all the way to Stag Camp, but the naked guy & some of the others were thirsty and we ended up running into a bar...

Best damned luck, turns out they were serving mini mv parts!

See ya's soon and perhaps we'll meet again, Danger...

Again, thank you for your kindness. Stagger on!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Next

Return to 2012 Theme Camps