All About Participating in the Pottie Project

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Re: All About Participating in the Pottie Project

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:06 am

I'd like to teach the world to sit
and not hover and squat
and have them all use one ply sheets,
yes, that would help a lot....

I'd like to keep the porta-squats
all free of moop and trash
Please only let what hits' the"blue"
what cometh from thy ass

- - -

When you take a whizz
in the places so dear
keep the outhouses clean
so we don't shed a tear...

So go do your biz...
and enjoy your stay
'cuz when you do it right,
it's a beautiful day...

(It also works to "Amazing Grace"... could you imagine an a'capella seranade crooning to the commodes?)

This seranade brought to you by your fiends at KaaKaa Cola, the Black Rock Boys and Girls Room Choir, and the Apokiliptika Ministry of Propoganda, Beautification, and Excretory Correctness... bringing Doom to the Blue Room.

©2012, AMPBEC. All rights infringed.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Robbidobbs' day in the bureaucratic sun:
Human waste collected from portable toilets or “port-a-potties” is removed from the site by the sanitation vendor and disposed of in an approved manner. The applicant provides port-a-potties and hand sanitizers based on the anticipated peak population at the event and targets the locations where large numbers of spectators are expected to visit (BRC 2011e). The applicant’s Proposed Action Operating Plan (see Appendix 2) states that banks of toilets are placed at regular intervals along the exit road during the peak exodus periods. They would also be placed in the Art area and would be prominently lit at night (BRC 2011e). During the 2011 event, the port-a-potties nearest the Art area (i.e., on the open playa itself) were not highly visible and easily accessible (Aspen 2011). Trash thrown in the port-a-potties has been a problem; the applicant has undertaken outreach efforts during the event to educate visitors about appropriate use of the port-a-potties (BRC 2010b). The vendor hauls the effluent to the Washoe County.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

The Paiute also have received additional funding from BRC outside of the event period. Mr. Scott Carey, Tribal Planner testified before the Senate Select Committee, stating:
The Tribe is proud of our partnership with Black Rock Solar, the fund-raising arm of the Burning Man Festival. Using the solar demonstration systems program that the State Legislature approved, we have been able to construct eight solar projects on the reservation. This has led to substantial savings for the Tribe. For example, the community of Nixon has more solar panels per person than any other community in the United States. State Route 447 has more solar panels per mile than any other road in the United States and has been declared “America’s Solar Highway.” We are looking to expand our solar projects into commercial-sized projects (Nevada State Senate 2011).
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 pm

That is very cool Sue. Thank you - I hope you wrote that on company time :wink:
Fishy - That just makes me giggle with delight.

Hello Campers!
Gonzo and I have been hard at werq at kicking it up a notch this year. We still don't know what's going on with the pottie vendor situation, but I'll be blasting it out once I know.
The badass work continues unrelenting however. Can you believe that I once knew how to read music on a piano??? That was when I was in Junior High. Bloody Hell! And I got the brilliant idea to write a Pottie Jingle. Well, it's square away in my brain. It's adhesive and original. Think waltz tune that you can swing a beer mug to. Now to get it on paper!

The other brilliant idea Gonzo and I came up with while doing research at the local pub is to give a sticker to the Greeters to put in with their schwag. I'd love to share it now but I can't figure out how to post it to this missive. it's a .bmp file.

Help is appreciated.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby lemur » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby BBadger » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:59 am

robbidobbs wrote:The other brilliant idea Gonzo and I came up with while doing research at the local pub is to give a sticker to the Greeters to put in with their schwag. I'd love to share it now but I can't figure out how to post it to this missive. it's a .bmp file.

You can use Lemur's site (which is nice, since it can resize too), and you can also directly post to Imageshack. If you need to resize things more often, try using Irfanview. It's free and it does a nice job with many formats.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby The CO » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 am

One year, when I was working a greeter shift, to kill time during lulls, I was using my red "censored by order of M*A*S*H 4207th" stamp on random pages of the WWW & other paperwork before handing it to people. It is wonderful PR, but like you said, the trick is getting it in there.

*added in edit*

Come to think of it, I used another stamp "this item deemed obscene by M*A*S*H" on a few potties....
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:47 am

Very nice CO!

Here's the prototype of our new sticker: [url][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/iwentatbm2012.png/]Image[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

edited to say Thank you BBadger!
robbidobbs

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Yes it's a VERY nice sticker but it kinda looks like he is hovering over the seat. :?

Could we post something like this inside the potties?

pictogram.JPG
pictogram.JPG (23.6 KiB) Viewed 5542 times
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:Yes it's a VERY nice sticker but it kinda looks like he is hovering over the seat. :?

Could we post something like this inside the potties?

[img]pictogram.JPG[/img]

My dirty 14-year-old-boy brain did not see those pictures properly at first. I was trying to figure out the significance of his turgidity, and what it had to do with hovering. :oops:

I am all in favour of "no hovering" propaganda in the toilies. These are pretty cute, and they get the message across, once the pervs (like me) take a minute to properly parse them. But maybe the emoticon faces need to be below the diagrams... or further above them... because I can't be the only one that saw what I saw.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Bwahahahahahaha, penis pix on the potty walls are never out of place but, that's really not what I meant so let me see if I can switch that around.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Okay this might work better.

potty-picture.JPG
potty-picture.JPG (69.6 KiB) Viewed 5525 times

MyDearFriend

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:19 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:Okay this might work better.

potty-picture.JPG

:) I love this!

If I get to the playa (so many fingers crossed...), I am going to participate in the potty project, and I'm excited to put these stickers up.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby BBadger » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:12 pm

I was drawing this on the doors to encourage better behavior:

hover_small.jpg
hover_small.jpg (131.53 KiB) Viewed 5505 times

We were out in the boondocks, so I don't know how much effect those had.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

BBadger

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:00 am

I love it, BBadger, and am with you 100% there. 8)

MyDearFriend

Postby robbidobbs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:57 pm

PoopingMan was created two weeks after the existence of the WORD PottieProject. It stays.
He's not hovering, he's about to sit down.
robbidobbs

Postby Gonzo Frothwood » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Hovering involves putting your hands on your knees. He's got his hands in the air. You can't hover with your hands in the air.
If hover with your hands in the air, your thigh muscles are so big you can't shit anyway.

Gonzo Frothwood
Dept of Over-Engineering
Overthinking the Trivial since 2008
"There is nothing so over-estimated as a piece of ass, and nothing so under-estimated as a good and greasy shit." Boneman Johnson
Gonzo Frothwood

Postby BBadger » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Gonzo Frothwood wrote:Hovering involves putting your hands on your knees. He's got his hands in the air. You can't hover with your hands in the air.
If hover with your hands in the air, your thigh muscles are so big you can't shit anyway.

That depends on your ability to squat. I think the major criterion of a hover is whether your feet are on the seat.

BBadger

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Tue May 08, 2012 9:28 am

Kinda long but...

There once was a burner from Nantucket,
who pee'd each night in a bucket.
She'd always comply
and use just one-ply,
but with tampons, she said "Aw, f*ck it."

Remember: to throw tampons in
is a port-a-john sin.
Not poo or pee
or one-ply TP,
Tampons are made of thick cotton.

That burner, she backed up the flow
for all the others who had to go.
Her lesson, please learn
for a clean, happy burn:
TAKE YER TAMPONS ELSEWHERE!
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 am

BBadger wrote: That depends on your ability to squat. I think the major criterion of a hover is whether your feet are on the seat.

No, there's definitely a variety of hovering that involves standing in a semi-squat position with your feet on the floor and your bum above the seat. I think squatting with your feet on the seat is probably (slightly) less messy (not counting the footprints)*; if you can squat deeply enough, you can get your bum almost down to seat level, and at the proper angle. The standing-hover, however, necessarily involves some elevation, a forward position, and a bad angle; thus, it pretty-much always results in a wet seat.

*Nevertheless, no hovering is good hovering.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue May 08, 2012 11:43 am

Sudden nostagia: Someone talking about "hoovering". In Britain "hoovering" is what us yanks call "vacuuming". It was a wonderfully disgusting mental image...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby robbidobbs » Tue May 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Good Morrow Campers!
I have been given the all-clear for Pottie-Buttons! This is the official shout out for button ideas. Gonzo has secured a 3.5" button machine (because too much is better than not enough"). I also have a 2.25" button machine. We are on our way to schwagging the SHIT out of this town! We are currently working on figuring out this dang software, but as you well know, we are both audio-artists. WE NEED YOUR INPUT.

Please submit any ideas, slogans, images, and other assorted weirdness to make buttons.
This is even cooler than signs, because participants LIKE YOU will want to flaunt them.

We are at 110 days Campers. We here at Pottie-Central are freaking out. There is SO MUCH to do, and I'm confident you have the same panty-moistness. YOU CAN BE IMPORTANT. Please post any ideas you have for signs, buttons, or t-shirts.

I deeply appreciate the submissions thus far. Thank you for working on this on company time.

Joyous Pre-compression!
RobbiDobbs clear
robbidobbs

Postby Gonzo Frothwood » Tue May 22, 2012 6:26 pm

And now a word from the shit-queen....
"There is nothing so over-estimated as a piece of ass, and nothing so under-estimated as a good and greasy shit." Boneman Johnson
Gonzo Frothwood

Postby robbidobbs » Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Happy News Campers!
It's just been confirmed that USS will be taking care of our shit this year! Oh happy day!
Pottie-Central is celebrating!

Gonzo and I are coming up with new schwag - BUTTONS. We are racking our brains for verbiage, so your input is important.
The slogan for this year is: I Know How to Go at Burningman.
We'll be copying all the slogans that come forth with a color laser printer so we don't have quality problems.
When in doubt, over-engineer.

You've all been watching this movie for months and it's finally on the road and running.
Starting June ONE we at Pottie Central will be in full gear-up.
Gonzo is fixing to build the new improved Pottie-PA. Last year we realized that the Poop-Mobile CD player won't play MP3's, so now we've collected a crap-load of music for signage enjoyment. We are happy to play whatever you bring if you volunteer (hint, hint).
ePlayan plea: please PM me if you want to join in some big "sticky" fun.
STENCIL ART! The new stencils are currently in the works. My exacto knife is at ready - we're open to suggestions. this was a HUGE success for PR last year.

We have the BEST and LARGEST participatory art project on the Playa. Your help is deeply appreciated.
You would not believe the changes that I'm going thru just to get my current shit together to make this happen.

Yours truly deep in this,
RobbiDobbs clear
robbidobbs

Postby gyre » Wed May 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Everyone visits the galleries.
gyre

Postby robbidobbs » Tue May 29, 2012 6:37 pm

That's right! The crappers get more face-time than the Man!

I just need to say this (cause I'm drunk): I made my first button last night and am now wearing it.
My campaign for this year is: I KNOW HOW TO GO AT BURNINGMAN
It is white w comic sans printing, just like my signs. It's elegant as fuck.
I'm just tickled with how cool it looks.

When I was in high school, there was a campaign to have students pick up trash on campus. Those that participated got a button that said: "I DID IT". Elegant and initiates conversation. That's where I'm going with my campaign.

Pottie Central will be going into high gear this friday, but today I printed up 120 copies of this button, and we're on our way! It's a fuck-load of cutting, but we're ready. Gonzo will be the badgeaminit squisher cause it hurts my hands.
I want to get this shit in the can fast so I can get on with sewing, sign printing, etc etc. GAWD! It's fun to get our shit together for this coming year!
robbidobbs

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Untitled (Ode)

If it didn't come out of your body,
It doesn't go into the potty*.

*Exceptions: I-ply paper and people who hover. Throw 'em in.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Box Burner » Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 am

Hi Robbidobbs & Gonzo

Well my favorite shirt slogan is still "Thank you for giving a shit"

But how about this for a button: "I give a shit. Do you?"
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby ygmir » Wed May 30, 2012 6:53 am

I should not squat,
above the pot

and so I sat
and left a shat

So please do good
you know you should

after all "LarryR would"............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed May 30, 2012 8:52 am

If you're here to poop,
Don't squat; don't stoop.
To take a shit
You have to sit.

If you're here to piss,
Don't you dare miss.
If your aim's no good,
Then sit you should.
catinthefunnyhat

PreviousNext

Return to Get Involved!