RV rental or swap San Francisco area - help

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to the year-specific Share Resources board.

RV rental or swap San Francisco area - help

Postby LinziJB » Tue May 15, 2012 3:56 pm

We are coming over from London having been lucky enough to get 2 tickets to this year's burn and have been trying to find an RV to hire, the only ones I can find are really large and expensive. We are 2 non smokers in our early fifties who have a camper (british RV) of our own & who know how to drive & look after a vehicle. I have been to the burn before and am aware of what's required to maintain & keep a van clean. Is there anyone out there who might rent us a camper or who might want to do a rent / swap for a 2 bedroom house just outside London for 2 weeks any dates that they want.
LinziJB

Re: RV rental or swap San Francisco area - help

Postby Savannah » Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm

If you don't find a rental in SF to take over from someone else (it's difficult at this stage, in SF, Reno or Vegas) you might try another city like Sacramento, CA, or even camping in a box truck. There's a Budget Rental on Gentry Way in Reno, NV that has box trucks. They're Burner-friendly if you clean it nicely.

Good luck with the RV thing, regardless.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue May 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Savannah forgot to add Salt Lake City and maybe even Boise...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby danibel » Wed May 16, 2012 1:20 pm

If the RV route doesn't pan out for you, the suggestion of a box truck may. I like to use a cargo van. It fits all I need and is mostly easy to clean. Just a thought.
In dust we trust.
danibel

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp D'nile

Return to Transportation