Seeking tips on what to bring...

What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.

Seeking tips on what to bring...

Postby enchantedangel » Thu May 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Hello fellow/fella Burners!

I'm looking to pick a very comfortable wardrobe to bring to BM but I am so unsure of what that would look like. I am a fun and sexy bohemian dresser and I would love some tips on how to dress an where to pick up some affordable (low to mid-range) pieces to take with me. Hoop skirts, colors, foot protection (really love my feet and take good care of them), hats, etc.

Any help would be met with an abundance of pleasure and graciousness!

Thanks in advance for the tips and your kindness,

Angel~
We are spiritual beings living human experiences. Susan St. James
enchantedangel

Re: Seeking tips on what to bring...

Postby trilobyte » Thu May 10, 2012 1:55 pm

You may care to take some time reading some of the other threads in this forum. A wealth of information and great tips and pointers at your disposal.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Savannah » Thu May 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi Angel,

Tara's recent thread will start you off very well.

How much should I REALLY bring?
viewtopic.php?t=55222&p=826083

There are many, many helpful threads (usually more specific) here in Clothing & Playawear right now, including one about Playa Boots. People get tired of repeating themselves, so show them you respect their effort by reading TONS and asking interesting or hard questions.

Specifics will also help. For example, when you say "colors", what do you mean? People wear all sorts of colors out there. Light colors look cleanest when dusty (which is why the Department of Public Works--the city-builders--wear black. They want you to know how long they've been there).

Finally, dress first for comfort and safety before figuring out costumes. Among other things, choose a hat, serious goggles, sunglasses, a knapsack, lots of socks (at least one pair per day, many of us bring two), comfortable shoes (2 pair) and a warm coat. They will all get full of dust. Don't bring sentimental things, any feathers, or clothes you can't whack against a wall without something falling off. Dropping threads, coins, sequins or other stuff on the playa is littering (MOOPing; Matter Out of Place), and very bad form in that ecosystem particularly.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby enchantedangel » Thu May 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks Savannah! I'll be sure to do some more reading this evening and keep up on all that the list has to offer!

I appreciate your kindness and hope you have a great evening!

Love,
Keena~
We are spiritual beings living human experiences. Susan St. James
enchantedangel

Return to Clothing & Playawear