Blogs

All things outside of Burning Man.

Blogs

Postby tamarakay » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:27 am

It is with no small amount of trepidation I'd like to tell you guys about my new blog. It's what has been going on with the me last couple weeks. Keep in mind the posts are running about a week behind actual events and are written from my journals and vague memories. There is nothing for sale on my blog. It's all just about stress and how i'm dealing, or not, with it.

If any of you mods think it's not an appropriate topic for this forum, please remove. I promise it won't hurt my feelings. Well, not too much anyway. :wink:

http://breatheintwothreefour.blogspot.com/
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Blogs

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 am

Big (((HUGS))) TK, good for you!!!
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:36 am

Great, I love reading burner's blogs. Can't wait to get some time to sit and read it TK.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 am

It takes a lot of courage to bare your soul on a public stage. I think.. no.. wait.. KNOW.. that you're a much stronger woman than you give yourself credit for, TK. You got this.. :wink:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby AntiM » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:43 am

Big hugs. That's a twisty journey you are on. Kudos to you for sharing.

Your blogs have been helping me. I should get mine back on track, but I feel so whiny, even to myself!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby tamarakay » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:12 am

Thank you all for your love. I just posted Chapter Six.

tamarakay

Postby Elorrum » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:33 am

Do not worry about burning man. That is a happy place that is always there for fun and recreation. We can send it to you. It will come to you if you cannot go to it. Magic care packages with sights and sounds. September is a ways away.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 am

Elorrum wrote:Do not worry about burning man. That is a happy place that is always there for fun and recreation. We can send it to you. It will come to you if you cannot go to it. Magic care packages with sights and sounds. September is a ways away.

I totally read this as "fun and erection" at first glance.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:50 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
Elorrum wrote:Do not worry about burning man. That is a happy place that is always there for fun and recreation. We can send it to you. It will come to you if you cannot go to it. Magic care packages with sights and sounds. September is a ways away.

Well, that's true too. 8)

TK, you just rest and let yourself heal. It will all unfold in its own time. I will see you in the dust, this year...

8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby disco_duncan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:56 pm

tamarakay wrote:It is with no small amount of trepidation I'd like to tell you guys about my new blog. It's what has been going on with the me last couple weeks. Keep in mind the posts are running about a week behind actual events and are written from my journals and vague memories. There is nothing for sale on my blog. It's all just about stress and how i'm dealing, or not, with it.

If any of you mods think it's not an appropriate topic for this forum, please remove. I promise it won't hurt my feelings. Well, not too much anyway. :wink:

I loved reading the blog tamarakay. I've been there myself and felt for you with every word. You do eventually come out of the darkness and are stronger for it. It took me 3-months and you just have to let it take whatever time it needs. Pushing it adds to the stress and just prolongs the agony.
Duncan Bee
Warrington, UK.

Burner in 2012 & 2013.
disco_duncan

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Endorphins/Orphans=Endorphans

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:41 pm

tamarakay wrote:It is with no small amount of trepidation I'd like to tell you guys about my new blog. It's what has been going on with the me last couple weeks. Keep in mind the posts are running about a week behind actual events and are written from my journals and vague memories. There is nothing for sale on my blog. It's all just about stress and how i'm dealing, or not, with it.

TK- I'm glad to see you working through this. I have a loved-one who is prone to panic attacks, and have been there to have to help him out of a public situation & get him to safety. The stress of what you're going through is tough, but, like JS said, you are a lot stronger than you think.

I'm going to piggy-back a quick Mod note on blogs as another question came up about this early this week: as long as they are hosted on a non-commercial site (like blogspot, blogger or wordpress) they're fine, feel free to put a link in your sig. Blogs hosted on a commercial site, or a personal site that has commerce in another area cannot be linked to (I couldn't link to one on my site because I sell images there, for example). The eplaya itself cannot be used to post blog entries.

Now, back to TK coming into the light!
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby tamarakay » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:59 pm

junglesmacks wrote:

Ken too. And he says both are a pretty accurate description

tamarakay

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed May 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi TK

I just read your blog. I'm moved and impressed. Thank-you for posting it.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Return to Open Discussion